UK Vogue May 2022 : Lila Moss by Steven Meisel

This is the best she ever look, but I'm underwhelmed by the styling considering McKenna behind it.

The cover is standards Meisel for UK Vogue. I wish they can elevate the set production a little bit, considering the title is "Fashion Fantasy".

Are we gonna see Kate Moss by Meisel next?

I actually quite like it. I wish the background was a lighter grey maybe, but overall it's a nice spring cover. The UK edition always does well when it does this modern-version-of-vintage-Vogue look. It's not groundbreaking, but it works. No real opinion on Lila Moss either way if I'm perfectly honest, but she's giving me more of a young actress vibe rather than a model.

Hopefully they bust out of the studio for the inside story. Meisel does the studio so well, but it'd be a thrill to see his work on location again.

Not bad. I like the pastel colors. It also doesn't look empty if you compare it to their past covers since they changed their size.

Good for Lila. She may not be my favorite by any means, but some of her works, depending on the photographer (like Pavarotti), are quite passable. I have high hopes for the inside photos since they were shot by the legendary Steven Meisel.

But if I were going to be critical, the cover photo gives me more of a toddler instead of florals/spring.

This would have been aced if they just pulled her hair back in a simple style.
The baby bonnet looks silly and not fashion forward.
Otherwise, I like it well enough.

She looks like she's playing a flower in her local school play...

She already looks like a little girl playing dress up, and then Joe puts her in that? And Pat's clown-ish makeup isn't doing Lila any favours either. Guido's hair is drab as is Steven's paint-by-numbers studio pictures for this magazine.

No one really cared with this one it seems? Underwhelming.

vogue.co.uk
"Lila Moss Stars in a Fashion Fantasy"? Where? The lighting, the poses, the expressions...I feel like I've seen it all before from this team. The black and white image is the best, because she looks dynamic and engaging. I'm harsh because I know they can all do better...even by current Meisel for UK Vogue standards.

Last edited:
I’m chortling!

I mean it’s the best she’s ever looked, but still…

She's a pretty girl, she brings a freshness to some of her images, that b/w shot is lovely, but that cover does her no favours whatsoever.

Are we gonna see Kate Moss by Meisel next?

He loves to photograph Kaia, but he never worked again with Cindy. It could happen the same with Kate.

I'm screaming, hahaha. We talked about this back in January. It took quite long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->