US Vogue January 2015 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

Her second January cover??? Oh Anna. Not a good start to the year. I dont like the red. And what's with these hat covers? Taylor, Gwen, now her.

This isn't very "fashion" to me. It looks more like Good Housekeeping magazine, not Vogue.

Is there a clause that she must always be photographed by Mario?

Sienna looks good/fresh, love the colour of the coat, it's very eye-catching, the red masthead is so ugly.

Oh, just you wait until you find out who's featured inside the issue (AGAIN).

Ultra-Super Review

#1 - Character Studies (11 pg)
PH: Jamie Hawkesworth
Style: Grace Coddington
Models/Celebs: Tavi Gevinson, Karlie Kloss, Edie Campbell, Imaan Hammam, Miranda Kerr, Caroline Trentini, Banks, Natalie Westling, Margaret Qualley, Kesewa Aboah

#2 - The Time of Her Life (10 pg)
PH: Mario Testino
Style: Tonne Goodman
Celeb: Sienna Miller

#3 - Rise Up (10 pg)
PH: David Sims
Style: Camilla Nickerson
Celeb: The other non-Kardashian sister that I refuse to name

#4 - Some Like It Hot (4 pg)
PH: Carter Smith
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celeb: James Corden

#5 - Written In the Stars (2 pg)
PH: Norman Jean Roy
Style: Bill Mullen
Celebs: Jake Gyllenhaal & Ruth Wilson

#6 - The Volcano Lovers (6 pg)
PH: Oberto Gili
Subject: Some island and it's inhabitants

#7 - Over Bowled (4 pg)
PH: Grant Cornett
Model: A punch bowl! Tasty!

#8 - Eat Like A Viking (2 pg)
PH: Eric Boman
Model: A viking helmet on a dinner table

#9 - In Stride (2 pg)
PH: Annemarieke van Drimmelen
Style: Tabitha Simmons
Model: Gigi Hadid

#10 - Wild Child (6 pg)
PH: Patrick Demarchelier
Style: Sara Moonves
Celeb: FKA Twigs

This is like the 4th month in a row that Vogue has tried to shove that non-Kardashian sister down out throats! When does this insanity end??

She doesn't look like herself. Where is the toothy smile?

Something about it looks so cheesy. I hate the red and it what's up with kendull jenner? Why she got so many pages every month?

After Sienna and Testino I expected something big for a starting new year by Vogue US but it's so weak.. What a disappointment!

It's funny, I remember her name but I always forget her face. I have no idea in which movies she's or if i've ever seen her in a movie. She's that forgettable.

This cover is bad. Red and blue are an awful combination. And why her and not someone more exciting? Oh well, I do remember that Anna likes her a lot.

Character Studies
Photographer:
Jamie Hawkesworth
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Models: Tavi Gevinson, Karlie Kloss, Edie Campbell, Imaan Hammam, Miranda Kerr, Caroline Trentini, Banks, Natalie Westling, Margaret Qualley & Kesewa Aboah
Make-Up: Lisa Butler
Hair: Didier Malige

fashionscansremastered.net

This has nothing on her September 08's cover. This is one horrible cover. Red does NOT suit the image. The text shadow is ugly.

This looks like a health magazine targeted to slow-transit constipation women above 45.

And... where are the models? :o

My god, so many amazing women, but same Wintour favorites keep getting the covers!! It's like we are stuck in a time loop or something!

I knew we probably won't be getting an Oscar hopeful, but so many other celebs who could have gotten their turn, i do digress though!

Sadly the content sounds just as insipid.

It is just depressing how little reaction this magazine's photography and stories elicit anymore. Celebrities can face the magazine for next decade for all I care, they sell, but please employ some stretch of creativity and ingenuity. There's very little fashion in this cover, looks like an image from some Goop endeavor. The prosaic covers aside, the content continues to be regurgitated concepts with girls that are all but extraordinary. It is full time for a clean of house, from editors to photographers.

It would warm my heart to see Fabien Baron brought into the Vogue stable.

It is a little funny that all these years later Sienna is still getting Vogue covers, however I don't really mind her and I quite like the cover. The red is a bit of a strange choice for the mast head but I don't think it's awful. I'm actually interested in seeing Sienna's shoot, probably more than anything else in the issue if I'm honest. Testino has certainly lost some spark in the past few years but he usually does a good job with Sienna so we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->