US Vogue March 2019 : Hailey & Justin Bieber by Annie Leibovitz

Wow, I really admire Anna and Vogue for their constancy during the last years: every time I think they can't reach a lower level, they still find a way to make it!

Seriously, what are these two doing on the cover of the MARCH ISSUE?
Yikes.

Last edited:
Once again if you can get past who is on the cover I personally think it’s another classic Vogue US and I really like it. Begrudgingly!

I feel like last year the magazine was experimenting with different styles of covers and also trying to work out its aesthetic without Mario Testino & Patrick Demarchelier but now it’s reestablished itself all the covers this year have been great.

I knew when I clicked on the thread that this was a new low but didn´t expect SUCH a drab cover :blink: they´re just one big mass of beige.

It's a very bizarre choice, I wonder who Vogue thought would want to buy this? It seems such a waste of effort to put a whole physical magazine together, hire one the most famous and expensive photographers in the world, spend months in preparation and planning all for a few Instagram likes - that must be the only benefit of it all, surely no one is flocking to the shops for this.

Justin looks horrible. He can look pretty good when he sticks to the twink, tanned, smooth faced look - but this bad-boy aesthetic that he is attempting is not appealing; he looks like a musty teenager in the midst of puberty who only drinks soda and eats chicken nuggets. Hailey looks ok but she's unbelievably dull. No one is particularly fascinated by these two people individually, why on earth would they be interested in them together?

It's a very bizarre choice, I wonder who Vogue thought would want to buy this? It seems such a waste of effort to put a whole physical magazine together, hire one the most famous and expensive photographers in the world, spend months in preparation and planning all for a few Instagram likes - that must be the only benefit of it all, surely no one is flocking to the shops for this.

Justin looks horrible. He can look pretty good when he sticks to the twink, tanned, smooth faced look - but this bad-boy aesthetic that he is attempting is not appealing; he looks like a musty teenager in the midst of puberty who only drinks soda and eats chicken nuggets. Hailey looks ok but she's unbelievably dull. No one is particularly fascinated by these two people individually, why on earth would they be interested in them together?
Fans will pay the bill.

In the words of Jeffree Star, "Can't relate.".

This is travesty at its finest. I was kind of hoping Anna would give it to Brie Larson to coincide with the release of Captain Marvel. But oh well. This is what we got. And it's so saddening.

It's ridiculous that she's getting a cover before establishing herself as a model but I wouldn't be surprised if this will sell very well. He has a huge global fandom, who no doubt collect his covers since he rarely covers magazines. Does anyone know how well the Gigi/Zayn cover sold?
I read that Bieber just launched his own clothing line last week called Drew, so I guess he'll probably promote it in the interview.

I can't find anything to hate as far as the actual cover is concerned because it looks soft, serene and quintessentially Vogue. The subjects, however.. I can't even.

Justin looks like trailer trash. The Kim & Kanye one was miles better.

To pass on Brie for this? Yeah it’s a decent picture, but Anna should be ashamed for once saying that “to be in Vogue has to mean something” when clearly what she meant by that was to be the trashiest, most nepotistic celebrity you can be and get married to an equally trashy and hardly relevant celebrity.

I look forward to seeing the sale numbers because she can’t possibly think all the millennials whom she considered their target audience are going to turn their likes on Instagram into an actual purchase.

Both aren't cover material so that's a huge no. Anna should have waited a little longer before putting them on the cover. Are they really that relevant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->