US Vogue May 2013 : Carey Mulligan by Mario Testino

Cara looks fantastic in that ed, she is turning out to be having a wonderfully diverse work lately

I have to admit she's growing on me lately! after seeing her RESERVED campaign I definitely saw what a lot of people saw in her earlier.
unlike Edie - her face just pisses me off for some reason, I can't stand a single ed with her and can't understand why she's being so hyped. Cara at least have some characteristic look (eyebrows!) while Edie's is just this thoughtless face expression. even in Meisel's ed there's like only one picture I can say I truly like.

Damn, well that Tom and Cara editorial was disappointing. What's with that weird screen play bit? It took away from the editorial. And I was disappointed that there is only one shot where you can see Tom's whole face instead of a side profile or the back of his head. What's the point of having him in the photographs if you can't even see him that much? But at least he looks mighty handsome in that one photograph!

Full Cover Story HQ:

Great Expectations
Photographer: Mario Testino
Celeb: Carey Mulligan
Styling: Crace Coddington
Hair: Julien D'Ys
Make-Up: Mark Carrasquillo
Nails: Gina Viviano

Digital Edition US Vogue May 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Hiddles get wasted on such a bland editorial? The idea is nice, but the final product looks like a rejected US Harper Bazaar editorial.

I like the Carey editorial even if it is nothing new. As for her lack of facial expressions, if they are emulating the film (which I think they are), Daisy isn't exactly a character with her own agency. She's pretty, she's tragic, but mostly she's just there to as an "ode to the maze gaze" (in this case, Jay's). So I think Carey's lackluster lifeless expressions are perfect.

print & digital Cover
same credits as above

vogue.com & Digital Edition US Vogue May 2013

Full Editorial digital HQ:

Rebel Yell
Photographer: Steven Meisel & Patrick Demarchelier
Models: Edie Campbell, Mirte Maas & Frida Gustavsson
Styling: Grace Coddington & Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Guido
Make-Up: Pat McGarth & Alice Lane
Nails: Jin Soon Choi & Lisa Logan

Editorial digital HQ:

Making Strides
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Model: Carolyn Murphy
Styling: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Make-Up: Polly Osmond
fashionscansremastered.net

tom looks damn fine in that editorial but i think it would have worked more if they had gone for a more ~sexy~ type of shoot

Im so in love with Meisel editoral. Mainly the styling, Grace did an amazing work, showing a not so predictable punk, but a genuine one, mixing punk icons like the McQueen dress with other amazing choices like the MMM and the CdG dresses.

^ I agree, i love that its simple, and Meisel just framed that stunning styling, nothing more was needed anyhow, they could have added few more pages though haha.

#5 - Family Values (2 pg)
PH: Annie Leibovitz
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celebs: Alec Baldwin, Tom Sturridge, Ben Foster

Is anyone able to scan this? I want to buy the mag but haven't found it at the few stores I've checked so far.

I like the Demarchlier's editorial with Carolyn Murphy. I don't even mind that the editorial seems a bit incoherent. I am really not a fan of that particular type of punk-rock styling in Rebel Yell, though. I do like how the pictures are pictorial in their own way and that there is such a body language in the model's poses.

#5 - Family Values (2 pg)
PH: Annie Leibovitz
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celebs: Alec Baldwin, Tom Sturridge, Ben Foster

Is anyone able to scan this? I want to buy the mag but haven't found it at the few stores I've checked so far.

Vogue ipad edition

print & digital Cover
same credits as above
vogue.com & Digital Edition US Vogue May 2013

Looks terrible, both digitally, print, and in person. :yuk:
At least Carey's ed isn't as bad as the cover, but it's still rather mediocre. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->