Valentino Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

I think its good :smile: more Valentino-like than Alessandra's.
Are Maria Grazia Chiuri (R) and Pier Paolo Piccioli doing the Valentino Ready to Wear collections too?

I have to agree with dior_couture1245... And it looks pret-a-porter, especially Tanya's outfit.

A travesty! Regressive, sterile, clothes for affluent aristocats... very Garavani, no? Alessandra brought a little frivolity and innovation.. but this is just duplication at its best, with Valentino's big tanned foot stamped rigidly on it.. i'm sure he was "hand's on" in order for it to be an authentic reflection of his legacy

The finest craftmanship should be part of the attribute to "couture". This, especially the rose dress on vlada looks downright cheap.

Poorly constructed.

...wait...are we sure that this isn't Valentino Haute Couture FW 07?

lol, first I actually thought those pictures are part of this newest collection. it looks SO similar!!

I also get some very crappy Lebanese "haute couture" Georges Chakra/Elie Saab vibe from this:cry:

yes i heard he directed them in this haute couture collection. so it's clear that is very HIM

now if what they wanted was someone to look at the archives and do the same things in different colours, even I Could've done it....

and it doesnt look like couture.

Valentino will love every single thing of the collection,I don't think the 2 guys will be fired soon

Now we can really realise the impact of Alessandra. This collection is decades step back with two left feet in the direction of old Valentino. It looks cheap, uninspired, and done-before. Valentino is very proud I am sure. ^_^

are there any new designs in this? they look like outright copies!

its a shame to end couture week with this, since all the other collections were so strong.

but I am sure it will sell well because it looks exactly like everything Valentino himself did.

I'm simply piddling myself it's so beautiful. Really, I'm dying a little bit it's so good. :rolleyes:

Thank god two accessories designers came along to make things right and show the world how couture is really done...with a leathery tanned hand holding the puppet strings.

I hope someone, anyone really, rips into it...if not the clothes then at least the ridiculous situation. Cathy Horyn, do me proud!

are there any new designs in this? they look like outright copies!

its a shame to end couture week with this, since all the other collections were so strong.

but I am sure it will sell well because it looks exactly like everything Valentino himself did.

I'm not so sure if it will still sell. It's similar to garavani's work, but worse. I can't picture those shown on editorials yet. Just can't.

I'm simply piddling myself it's so beautiful. Really, I'm dying a little bit it's so good. :rolleyes:

Thank god two accessories designers came along to make things right and show the world how couture is really done...with a leathery tanned hand holding the puppet strings.

I hope someone, anyone really, rips into it...if not the clothes then at least the ridiculous situation. Cathy Horyn, do me proud!

:lol:

my hero:heart:

It's similar to garavani's work, but worse.

exactly. i mean.... i've always loved valentino's work. not the most original among the designers... but still beautifully designed and crafted. classy and perfect.

this looks like a cheap knockoff of garavani's work

and i repeat, hate the setting

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->