Valentino Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

sure, this is valentino, but the valentino that has always been (and in this way, i can say RE-made), there is no evolution such as alessandra did, everything looks from past collections of Valentino, and, as salvatore said, unspired.

...with a leathery tanned hand holding the puppet strings....

I hope someone, anyone really, rips into it...if not the clothes then at least the ridiculous situation. Cathy Horyn, do me proud!

cathy, suzy, hilary raise your voices!:o

i seriously cant wait for the reviews!

(your words already made us all proud spike :wink:hehe)

^ I was MORE than happy to lol.

exactly. i mean.... i've always loved valentino's work. not the most original among the designers... but still beautifully designed and crafted. classy and perfect.

this looks like a cheap knockoff of garavani's work

and i repeat, hate the setting
You hit the nail on the head!

The only reason Valentino's work stayed relevant for so long was because that was him. That was what he was all about, always.

This is just a cheap imitation, and it finally brings to light just how out of touch Valentino actually was with the changing times.

Bring back Alessandra Facchinetti! The collection is posted on Catwalking. This is just.. not good.

I was watching some days ago a documentary about Valentino. He said that his difference was that he keeps tradition, and doesn't change very much, always following his style.
Well, that's interesting, but it's completely boring because when I see a HC collection I want to see something new, groundbreaking... I think that is really important to follow his own style, but look at Galliano, he decided to change his shocking designs to this boring and full of volumes ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
What young woman wants to look like this? My nonna doesnt even want to look old.

This is terrible
I feel very sorry for Alessandra, she was exquisite
and her was getting to a point of diviness

this is awfull, very dissapointing, the palette is very...sad and unflatering, and you can see how cheap the excution is

I do not like this

Well, i imagine that all of these horrid pieces will sell. I still cannot believe that Alessandra only managed to sell one piece of her couture debut.

this is not that bad, but Alessandra's work was much much better imo. her work was such couture fantasy, i almost cried

I was watching some days ago a documentary about Valentino. He said that his difference was that he keeps tradition, and doesn't change very much, always following his style.
Well, that's interesting, but it's completely boring because when I see a HC collection I want to see something new, groundbreaking... I think that is really important to follow his own style, but look at Galliano, he decided to change his shocking designs to this boring and full of volumes ones.

if he really doesn't like change, than he should have just shut down the label when he retired, or done reissues of archival designs. it makes no sense to bring on new people to only insist that they do retreads of his work.

if he really doesn't like change, than he should have just shut down the label when he retired, or done reissues of archival designs. it makes no sense to bring on new people to only insist that they do retreads of his work.
He said that sometimes he used to take a look at his old designs and based on them other looks would be created.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y
Of course his voice would still be heard,but if he wants to retire, at least retire throughfully and stay damn outta picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->