Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

Do they want all of Valentino's clientele to dissappear .Facchinetti was 100000X better this is just horrible . Its DIY take on Balenciaga . 2/10 for this
and the blind folds for couture effect are quite stupid.

seriously and whats so stupid is valentino wont say a word because they came from inside the company. thats why i hate the man.

WHY was Facchinetti ever fired????? they must have lost their mind.....

This is so weird. One of the designers I've always hated the most is Valentino. I think the best thing that could happen to the brand was Valentino quitting, because Alessandra took Valentino to heaven for a while. Then this two guys came with their first hideous collection and I thought "ok, alessandra was too good to be true, back to horrible Valentino but even worst". Then they showed the past two collections that were SO incredibly gorgeous and I fell in love and again thought that the best thing was Valentino quiting. And now this... Definitely Valentino is NOT meant to be a good brand. Amazingness never lasts at Valentino. Again: it was getting too good to be true. I was expecting so much T_T lol

This is so weird. One of the designers I've always hated the most is Valentino. I think the best thing that could happen to the brand was Valentino quitting, because Alessandra took Valentino to heaven for a while. Then this two guys came with their first hideous collection and I thought "ok, alessandra was too good to be true, back to horrible Valentino but even worst". Then they showed the past two collections that were SO incredibly gorgeous and I fell in love and again thought that the best thing was Valentino quiting. And now this... Definitely Valentino is NOT meant to be a good brand. Amazingness never lasts at Valentino. Again: it was getting too good to be true. I was expecting so much T_T lol
its not wrong of you to expect that, that's what a good designer is. and if they had kept faccienetti on board you wouldnt even be uttering this statement

9tltf7.jpg
nmmbh2.jpg

9attp4.jpg

yahoo news

uh, brand identity exists. its what a customer base is built upon...

That doesn't mean it's an identity in the terms that it can't change. But that's just my opinion... :smile:

I see some other designers inspiration too, but I still like most of what they did from what I've seen so far.
Still, I hate some pieces too and I understand how a Valentino's "fan" feels while watching this. :flower:
But don't attack those 2... :flower: They'll learn. Their spring RTW collection was awesome, imo, so they have potencial... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't mean it's an identity in the terms that they don't change. But that's just my opinion... :smile:

I see some other designers inspiration too, but I still like most of what they did from what I've seen so far.
Still, I hate some pieces too and I understand how a Valentino's "fan" feels while watching this. :flower:
But don't attack those 2... :flower: They'll learn. Their spring RTW collection was awesome, imo, so they have potencial... :smile:

but this collection shows no brand identity for valentino. even if its a change, it still show no identity, only the identity of other designers which they have derived these pieces from.

and i'm not attacking them. i'm just bitter about faccienetti who was obviously 100x more suited and more experienced for this job.

Valentino? Could have fooled me!

Yes, this does deviate FAARRRR away & in a distant galaxy from Valentino's brand identity but I think it is too much to say that they deserve to be fired. I think they have done a good job with their past collections and it is always hard for new designers to design for a huge brand in the beginning. They have to find the happy medium of keeping the brand identity and creating a new one.

If you keep firing people it will just turn into a big mess (Chloe). It shows even in this collection so far that they have some good ideas. They just need to pull back the reigns and realize that the brand identity is important. They need to find that medium.

Plus, we haven't even seen the whole show yet. Lets cool our jets.

Well we can all agree that Facchinetti must be having the last laugh. It also shows how much of a meglomaniac Valentino is. When he had a great designer ,she was fired but when these 2 numskulls were hired from within his ranks , they have free reign to create seasons of pathetic collections because he does not want to admit his mistakes. In this case a serious blunder.

but this collection shows no brand identity for valentino. even if its a change, it still show no identity, only the identity of other designers which they have derived these pieces from.

and i'm not attacking them. i'm just bitter about faccienetti who was obviously 100x more suited and more experienced for this job.

Yeah, you got a point! :flower: I understand... I never understood why she got fired in the first place...

Breaking News : Monsieur Valentino commited suicide after he saw the Valentino Couture collection held in Paris on jan. 27th.
He explained in a letter : "Couture is Dead. Valentino is Dead. Let my red blood make the Final Buzz of this Couture week, and not that weak freak show".
:lol:
You rock for saying that! :D

What the hell is this? Balenciaga and Versace's love child is what it is. Add in a little hint of Viktor and Rolf and we have Valentino HC S/S 2010. Valentino must be melting in his tan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->