Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

I'm confused. They produced a beautiful collection last season, to see them sending this out is very odd...indeed. Surely, they'll have very different collection on offer for their couture clients? :shock:

When I left the thread, it looked interesting .
But I come back and I looked at the entire collection like so : :o

I cannot believe they felt confident enough to show their faces after this because someone surely should have shown their disapproval by pieing those evil grins .

To be honest, the pie in the face is on the orange man himself ... Valentino . Yeah, sure, they created a first collection that was so far up his a** it was disgusting . But THEN ...... oh but then they made a drastic detour and whipped this out ! Valentino archives ? They burned those ! :evil:

I am so sure now they wished they would have stayed with Facchinetti no matter how demanding or impossible she was to work with . It takes someone demanding and impossible to work with to achieve excellence .

These fluo colours and the combinations of stuffs is revolting !

The only thing I enjoyed were those ribbons on the head . Kind of genius that is .

Last edited by a moderator:
This collection
is not even funny

It is the WORST moment of all Couture FW.
and the worst moment of past seasons in ALL FASHION WORLD ... since past collections @ Marc Jacobs and LV ...

This is :
- Versus during Donatella, late 90s
- Balmain
- Chloé under the swedish guy
- C Kane
- Trends from 2 years ago ...

The make-up and hair is disgusting. but it reminds me something. an editorial, a previous show.
I am so happy that I tried to defend all the other collections to spread my vomit onto this collection.

Nothing is fitting.
Who the **** on earth could think a top with feathers, transparent pants with decorative flowers, pastel pistache shoes and an overtoned brown on snejana with blue powder on shoulders and eyes .... (i can throw up just by looking at it).
the idea of autumn is there. i guess. but the execution is a disaster.

WHY so many bow ????

WHY some unfitted drapé pants ??? Balenciaga ???

Some editors needed to go and look at the show. this is JUST so bad !!!

I wanna read the "official" reviews of that show !

this is the next ungaro and heidi montag will be their creative advisor lol

i LOVED the Spring/Summer collection... what went wrong here. Occasionally there were a few nice pieces here and there, and I don't mind the make up on some of the models.... but the futuristic wannabe Balenciaga with bows and ruffles is soooo tacky.

This is so sad.. why couldn't they do something in the vein of Spring/Summer?

the headgears look fantastic -- if a bit whimsical and comical. The rest of the collection didn't appeal to me however. It was, IMO, poorly designed though it's almost acceptable since the fabrics used almost makes up for whatever directorial fault it had on its designs. :magic: Almost being the operative word because, ugh, the designs just look really tacky.

Lindsay Lohan does couture ?

If someone designed a collection like this, under my name, trying to continue my essence, I would be absolutely mortified and disgusted.
How can they have the audacity to put that GWD (Generic Wrap Dress) that has been around for the past three seasons into an Haute Couture collection?

Literally, the worst couture collection I have ever seen.

And just to reiterate: They fired Facchinetti after her gorgeous first couture collection apparently "didn't sell one piece" and yet they are expecting to sell these clothes for tens of thousands of pounds? Phhh-at chance.

Imo, there's no such thing as a brand identity. :smile: Brands need to change to embrace the future! I personally love the change! :flower:

Are you serious? Of course change is needed, without it the world would not move on, but no brand identity? For Christ' sake, then how are things supposed to work? As a costumer we expect brands to have an identity. As brands, they are supposed to have an identity. Change is always needed but you can't put aside the identity of the brand. Imagine the world forgetting about Chanel's DNA. Then why was Coco even born? Why would people put so much efort in making themselves a famous and succesfull name if next year we are all going to forget about it and start all over again? Pleaaase!!! :wacko:

Are you serious? Of course change is needed, without it the world would not move on, but no brand identity? For Christ' sake, then how are things supposed to work? As a costumer we expect brands to have an identity. As brands, they are supposed to have an identity. Change is always needed but you can't put aside the identity of the brand. Imagine the world forgetting about Chanel's DNA. Then why was Coco even born? Why would people put so much efort in making themselves a famous and succesfull name if next year we are all going to forget about it and start all over again? Pleaaase!!! :wacko:

I could'nt agree more! A brand needs to have an identity to know who its target market is. Yes things change like styles and different designs, but the identity is always the same. The identity of Valentino was always pure elegance and extremly feminine. This duo has destroyed that and created his horrid collection. I would say this collection is puke worthy..but that would be a waste of good puke.

I think we should start a thread called "The most hideous dress you've ever seen" after watching this collection :rolleyes:
SS10 was their breakthrough collection,so feminine and soft,yet so Valentino and now we got this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->