Versace for H&M

I thought that line was bad enough, but seeing it on... How to put it delicately... H&M customers, made it look even worse. This morning, some girl showed up at Law school in the black leggings and a pair of Uggs. LOVELY.

Must admit, that I've never bought anything from H&M's designer collaborations, although I visit and purchase from H&M on the regular. Personally speaking, I think this Versace collection is too fashion-y for me to even contemplate wearing. I'm certain I'd be stared at wearing the garments available. The dresses for women are real nice, and right on point for the H&M customer. But the menswear is appalling, I fail to choose one item I'd want to wait 5 hours in-line for. The carriers given upon purchase are the only element I admire, and the excitement on shoppers faces in the photos attached to various articles online.

The MOST chaotic one of all the collabs.
What I don't understand is how the menswear isn't organized. Once they allowed my group (I believe we were the first to enter the store) to enter, all the men began running and acting like barbarians over those clothes! There was even a fight that began between two guys (pushing, sort of physical) over both of them finding a printed t-shirt. This Asian woman kept on yelling "STOPPP!" LOL.
Unfortunately, my pace wasn't good enough in getting me my mens bomber jacket :(
I did, however, snag a printed baseball, which were only a few of and people went crazy aftere wanting it. Overall, I left with a t-shirt, hat, and the womenswear bomber jacket.

hahaaha:lol: we had the same experiences
I got off around 6 from Levi's and saw the 34th st line
all i could think of was that the guys in line first would be buying that Kanye jacket:rolleyes:

Yeah, there were two young urban youths all decked out in front of 7th (3 & 4th in line) around 6 and I knew what they were after. Herald Sq. had many guys in queue, that I couldn't picture wearing any of it (a nerdier variety); maybe, they were scalpers.

This collection is receiving SO MUCH heat @tFS. Can't wait to see people wearing it on the streets. I feel like some of it just can't be pulled off tastefully imo. I feel like quality shouldn't be sacrificed in designer collabs even if it's geared towards the H&M customer.

I dont understand why those ASIAN esp Chinese and Japanese are so crazy on this.
It's hard for Asian people to carry this messed up collection well due to the design facts ( men, this collection looks as cheap as Chinese knockoffs ), culture things and body type issue...Even not all tall big Caucasians and Blacks can handle those clothes well.

Just saw so many guys posting their fotos at changing room and showing off how silly they have been, this is a truly FASHION VICTIM REALITY SHOW. They dont fit in clothes at all, but they feel great and self confident hilariously.

BECAUSE IT IS BY VERSACE.

Offensive.

There's an air of snobbery and classism going on in this thread. Yikes!

... And "real" designer (and their price points) don't always dictate quality or class btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the return policy normal for huge collaborations like this? I'm just genuinely curious, because a lot of you have said that the quality sucks. I know a lot of people will go and try to sell it on eBay, but it seems like the general consensus is that the clothing wasn't worth the price, so will people on eBay even buy it after hearing this?

The return policy is altered, you have seven days to return items.

not in our country/state. they have normal 30/90 day returns here even for the designer line. we have stricter consumer laws surprisingly in that regard. the 90 day rule is so that people can return unwanted christmas items with receipt.

i swear reading all your stories have made this thread pretty exciting... at least on my end. I don't live near an H&M so I've never had to participate in these collabs. I would really have to want pieces from the collection and I don't think I would want majority of the men's versace collection. I would only want the solids and apparently every guy does too. And to spend $10,000 like that one group?!?!? That is insanity. Imagine if they went to a real Versace store. I am sure they would have gotten high quality items. Maybe not as much but still. Serious cash!

Any Atlanta peeps that were at the Atlantic Station store today? I'm going down tomorrow to check it out. I posted previously that I was hoping to try for the printed top and jeans, but I'm now expecting not to get anything at all. XD

not in our country/state. they have normal 30/90 day returns here even for the designer line. we have stricter consumer laws surprisingly in that regard. the 90 day rule is so that people can return unwanted christmas items with receipt.

+1. Ended up shopping normal H&M Friday night and my receipt says under normal return policy listings: "Returns for the Versace Collection MUST follow H&M's original 30 day return policy."

+1. Ended up shopping normal H&M Friday night and my receipt says under normal return policy listings: "Returns for the Versace Collection MUST follow H&M's original 30 day return policy."

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. :D. Just checked, yup. i woulda totally missed that.

In Salt Lake City hardly anyone showed up, I pretty much walked around casually, whistling while grabbing one of the leather jackets, the red dress and one of the scarves and left without any problems. But last year with Lanvin in Phoenix... :blink:

In Salt Lake City hardly anyone showed up, I pretty much walked around casually, whistling while grabbing one of the leather jackets, the red dress and one of the scarves and left without any problems. But last year with Lanvin in Phoenix... :blink:

oh man, i soooooo wanted the smooth leather jacket. :(

was lanvin by h&m this chaotic?
Posted via Mobile Device

almost the same. the less chaotic ones were h&m by Kylie Minogue, Matthew Williamson, Roberto Cavalli & Sonia Rykiel.:woot: h&m [SIZE=-1]contributes a lot to Swedish economic while italy is facing the chaotic recession and society...LMAO.[/SIZE]

in fact, i haven't shopped any collaborations. even tom ford would design for h&m, it is still made by h&m OEM factories, why not spend money more wisely on other middle brands or top brand's outlet pieces?:heart:

was lanvin by h&m this chaotic?
Posted via Mobile Device

my personal experience is that there was the same level of interest but more of everything? i just remember queueing for ages (and i was nowhere near the early folks) but got everything i wanted. here, i was one of the early ones i guess but a lot of stuff was gone by the time it was my turn.

that being said, the lanvin collab was 100000000000000000000000x better.

Did anyone buy/see the black woolen mens coat with the leather sleeves? Does it look nice in real life? I haven't paid much attention to this collab but I must say this coat looks pretty good on the webshop..

Well, it looks like me and Versace aren't meant to be. The Atlantic Station store sold out completely yesterday. Oh well...I did get a few regular pieces of H&M clothing though. More money saved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->