Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 - Please see first post before posting*UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but no. Adriana's isn't as high as Doutzens, but it's much higher than Ale's. Adriana did many high fashion shows such as Versace, Vera Wang, Christian L, Dior, Galliano, Givenchy, Fendi, and many many more.
Plus she did a lot of high fashion eds and was a fav among many photographers. Nothing against Ale..but yea :smile:

The editorials I'll give you, but you can't discount her runway work as inferior to Adriana's. Ale walked for Chanel, Fendi, Balmain, Christian Lacroix, Vivienne Westwood, Dior, Ralph Lauren, and ODLR. As well as had ads for Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein eyewear, ODLR, Roccobarocco, Dior, Escada, and practically every line of Armani.

Well I'm sorry but I kind of do, and it's not because I even like Adriana more, it's simply because she did more on runway.
She did Anna Sui, Callaghan, Chrisitan Lacroix, Dior , Emporio Armani several times, Ralph lauren several times, opened and closed Vera wang at least 3 times, Versace and became the only girl in the HC campaign along with Hana,Emanuel Ungaro, Fendi, Guy Laroche, Istvan francer,Galliano, Leonard , Marithé & Francois Girbaud, Mark Eisen , Rebecca Dannenberg, Pucci, Randolph Duke, Richard Tyler (several times), Searle, Valentino, and several more. Most of those were the HC collections as well, and she appeared multiple times. Plus she did campaigns for the likes of Versace, Gai Mattiolo, George Rech,Blumarine and again many more.

Ale had a good high fashion career but it wasn't anywhere near as Good as Dri's I'm sorry. I would say that even if I wasn't a fan of Adriana's. Adriana hit the scene a whole lot sooner than Ale did, and she got picked up by VS a while before Ale did which helped Adriana's career but at the same time killed her HF career. Adriana also recently fit right back into HF and she's trying to go back to her roots, as much as I adore Ale I'm not sure she could do that.

But anyway back on subject I think the girls who had a HF background will continue doing better, opposed to the ones that just came from commercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think that Adriana did more runway work than Ale, but Ale did more ads than Adriana in HF.And yes Neither Adriana nor Ale nowhere near of the Doutzen HF career. You can only compare Doutzen HF work to old angels like Gisele or KK.

In US with the current angels popularity, it is Heidi,Adriana, Marisa than Ale. But in the world, Ale easily can replace Marisa. Also I think Marisa probably won't be around as much as she used to. She already reach at her peak to me...

I think Heidi and Marisa should go..Heidi, I'm preaching to the choir here but I can't stand her at all anymore, she's incredibly annoying and old compared to the other angels..And Marisa,well she's not old but she looks 10 years older than Heidi even..when she walks the runway you see all these beautiful young, fresh faces ad then goes Marisa! I swear she looks like she could be their mother (in a hot body!)
End of rant!:D

according to karl, no one in europe except for germany knows who heidi klum is, neither does claudia schiffer :rolleyes: lol

I'm sorry but no. Adriana's isn't as high as Doutzens, but it's much higher than Ale's. Adriana did many high fashion shows such as Versace, Vera Wang, Christian L, Dior, Galliano, Givenchy, Fendi, and many many more.
Plus she did a lot of high fashion eds and was a fav among many photographers. Nothing against Ale..but yea :smile:
Unfortunately you must also check your info. :smile: Ale has had quite a highfashion background. Before she signed with VS she did Fendi and quite a number of other highfashion shows .. even Calvin Klein campaigns actually :innocent: Also Ale's face is not as commercial. Nothing Agaisnt Ale but she isn't really a 'typical' commercial model . She has the typical body but the face isnt typically commercial pretty , not saying thats a bad thing at all buts its more of a different face .. shes more .. highfashion face than Adriana , whereas Adriana's face is much more commercial oriented

lol. I'm sorry but the barley known thing makes me laugh. I know many more people who know who Adriana is than Marisa, or Miranda. The general public which consists of VS customers most of the time knew Adriana and heidi and Gisele. Keep in mind it's the general public that searchs for these models on google and etc, which shows you the rate of the models on the link I provided. I adore Marisa now, but in no way is she more famous than Adriana...I'm sorry, it may be close but I've never heard of anyone knows her hardly more than "Oh the blonde from the SI cover" heck Adriana was even on a list for people who bring in hairstyles wanting "Adriana lima's" a stylist in NY said that...so that is general public requesting that and making her one of the most in demand styles, enough that the stylist could quote them. Adriana has been the most searched on Yahoo at least 10 times, and she had the biggest superbowl viewing commercial and the biggest selling issues of GQ each year she appeared. I'm sorry but I just don't buy it at all...and anyone who's really been around the vs atmosphere won't either. I can believe Marisa might be more famous in Cali, but that's about it...I'm so sorry but I don't mean to sound bitchy or push my opinion but I've seen these girls over the last several years, and watched the public with them. Like I said I believe it's Heidi, Adriana, Marisa, and Ale in that order who is known. Just my opinion from what I've seen over the years though.
I believe each girl is famous in their own right by things each has done, Marisa for SI, Heidi for her shows, Adriana for VS, and Maybelline and her GQ stuff, and Ale for her VS.
But I do believe overall that is Heidi, Adriana, Marisa, and Ale who are the most famous out of the girls, in that order from what the general public searchs on google for the last few years. Again, I'm not saying anyone is wrong or anything before anyone jumps on my ***...I'm just saying that this is what I've seen and what articles and etc say.
:rolleyes:I'm sorry but Adriana isn't as well known as you make her out to be .. she IS barely known because models ARE barely known. Shes KNOWN to quite a large number of people but America is a huge country ^_^

:innocent: Also Ale's face is not as commercial. Nothing Agaisnt Ale but she isn't really a 'typical' commercial model . She has the typical body but the face isnt typically commercial pretty , not saying thats a bad thing at all buts its more of a different face .. shes more .. highfashion face than Adriana , whereas Adriana's face is much more commercial oriented

What do you mean by that? If you mean she is not pretty for commercial modeling, I think I have to disagree to you. It is pretty much just your opinion... Her face is her best feature to me. Beauty is a subjective issue but Ale's success speaks for herself. It shows how many people find her beautifull and thats why VS uses her over and over again every single thing. She is the top seller of VS along with Adriana.

^Again I didnt mean shes ugly her face isnt like a typical commercial model she has that highfashion edge as well consider it a compliment.

Well I'm sorry but I kind of do, and it's not because I even like Adriana more, it's simply because she did more on runway.
She did Anna Sui, Callaghan, Chrisitan Lacroix, Dior , Emporio Armani several times, Ralph lauren several times, opened and closed Vera wang at least 3 times, Versace and became the only girl in the HC campaign along with Hana,Emanuel Ungaro, Fendi, Guy Laroche, Istvan francer,Galliano, Leonard , Marithé & Francois Girbaud, Mark Eisen , Rebecca Dannenberg, Pucci, Randolph Duke, Richard Tyler (several times), Searle, Valentino, and several more. Most of those were the HC collections as well, and she appeared multiple times. Plus she did campaigns for the likes of Versace, Gai Mattiolo, George Rech,Blumarine and again many more.

Ale had a good high fashion career but it wasn't anywhere near as Good as Dri's I'm sorry. I would say that even if I wasn't a fan of Adriana's. Adriana hit the scene a whole lot sooner than Ale did, and she got picked up by VS a while before Ale did which helped Adriana's career but at the same time killed her HF career. Adriana also recently fit right back into HF and she's trying to go back to her roots, as much as I adore Ale I'm not sure she could do that.

But anyway back on subject I think the girls who had a HF background will continue doing better, opposed to the ones that just came from commercial.
Alessandra HAS SURPASSED Adriana's HIGHFASHION CAMPAIGNS CAREER. No one cares about runway. Theres a tonne of models out there right now whose walked tonnes of shows but arent in demand at all because they rarely get the important thing: campaigns. ^_^ Anyways I will stop here. I wont defend any models anymore because Adriana is always better at everything yes .

When it comes to HF background KK has to be mentiod too. :rolleyes:
Tons of runways, ads, commercials ...

And yes, I agree that Marisa looks older than she actually is. If I didn't know anything about her and if she was walking down the street in front of me, I'd probably say "Who's that 40ish girl with those big boobs?" :innocent:

I'm not saying Adriana is better at everything, but I'm saying she had quite the big high fashion background in runway, and high fashion editorial work while Ale took the campaigns, now if Adriana wouldn't have been picked up by VS in 2000 (signed) she was actually picked up by them in 1998 she most likely would have done more. As for Adrana's face being more commercial....have you seen how she started out on the runways...she wasn't that commercial at all. But anyway.

yes Prescott, KK needs to be in there too.

^ Adriana def had a big high fashion background, but not as big as Ale & Doutzen! She doesn't have the face to be that kind of model. Adriana is perfect in what she can and what she does. no need to defend her, but she is def not at the same level as Ale & Doutzen when it comes to high fashion

I'm sorry but I disagree that Adriana is lower than Ale on her hf career. The only thing ale had more campaigns in HF that's it. Adriana had tons more runway, and tons more HF eds. Plus many more HF photoshoots with photographers, and is still doing some HF.

I'm not saying Alessandra didn't do HF but to say Adriana didnt do as much is crazy. She IMO with the eds, runway and few campaigns she is a little higher than Ale..not much but some. She did fewer campaigns yes, but otherwise she surpassed Ale quite a bit...and the campaigns she did do were pretty powerful ones, Elie Saab, Versace, Blumarine, Gai Mattiolo, Georges Rech, Ona saez, Sartore, Lita Mortari. Yes Ale beat her in campaigns, but like I said I believe she's done more runway by far, and editorial work. To say their equal or she's lower is absurd.

I'm really not. Ale does take her in HF campaigns and I don't deny that. But I believe credit is due where it's due. To say she isn't as famous as Marisa is wrong, to say she's lower on the scale to Ale's HF career is wrong. There are several things that certin models have done better. Goodness Gracious.

^ Okay, I must have gotten my information mixed up when everyone I met at america knew marisa (and no not as "a blonde girl in the cover of SI"- thats wrong, they knew her as MARISA! beautiful Marisa :wub:) When I went to america Marisa was simply better known then adriana (and Im NOT being biased! at all!)

Im sick of the same discussion! okay maybe in other parts of america adriana is better known, but in the several states I visited, she was not as known as you say!

The last of it from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"