Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 - Please see first post before posting*UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's funny? whenever I start to thnk of the list of angels, Miranda doesn't pop up for me, for whatever reason. And I'm really starting to like her. At first Ididn't

haha it must be something in the air w/ miranda because I feel the same way since about a week or so. she is growing on me recently :blush:.

and I think this fame game is all kinda silly. They are all famous in their own right but Heidi is the only one who is talked about w/ out any "vs angel" title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh karma happy! That made me laugh so hard lol...I mean it's really sad but it's hilarious at the same time lol

haha it must be something in the air w/ miranda because I feel the same way since about a week or so. she is growing on me recently :blush:.

and I think this fame game is all kinda silly. They are all famous in their own right but Heidi is the only one who is talked about w/ out any "vs angel" title.

:blush: Im so glad that you guys are warming up to miranda! :flower::heart: that honestly made my day:blush::flower:

And I agree, it doesnt matter how "famous" the angels are, it matters about how well they do there job:flower: and all of them do a splendid job:smile:

P.s, I wish paris hilton could just dissapear:rolleyes:

in the US Marissa is deffinitely more well known on some level since SI and others and I'm not being bias since I actually like Adriana :smile:

^ I agree, thats my opinion as well. actually, adriana wasnt that well-known at all. I thought she was, but after my visit (to almost 5 states and having ALOT of american friends and family and just general people) I am convinced she is barely known. and that was a shock to me, because shes quite a lovely vs angel, and been with vs for soo long. :smile: though Marisa Miller and Hiedi Klum were spot on! people automaticly knew them. I didnt even need to say hiedi's last name!

but then again, it doesnt matter, as long as they are wonderful and amazing angels (which all of them are :smile:) then thats all that should really matter. :smile:

lol. I'm sorry but the barley known thing makes me laugh. I know many more people who know who Adriana is than Marisa, or Miranda. The general public which consists of VS customers most of the time knew Adriana and heidi and Gisele. Keep in mind it's the general public that searchs for these models on google and etc, which shows you the rate of the models on the link I provided. I adore Marisa now, but in no way is she more famous than Adriana...I'm sorry, it may be close but I've never heard of anyone knows her hardly more than "Oh the blonde from the SI cover" heck Adriana was even on a list for people who bring in hairstyles wanting "Adriana lima's" a stylist in NY said that...so that is general public requesting that and making her one of the most in demand styles, enough that the stylist could quote them. Adriana has been the most searched on Yahoo at least 10 times, and she had the biggest superbowl viewing commercial and the biggest selling issues of GQ each year she appeared. I'm sorry but I just don't buy it at all...and anyone who's really been around the vs atmosphere won't either. I can believe Marisa might be more famous in Cali, but that's about it...I'm so sorry but I don't mean to sound bitchy or push my opinion but I've seen these girls over the last several years, and watched the public with them. Like I said I believe it's Heidi, Adriana, Marisa, and Ale in that order who is known. Just my opinion from what I've seen over the years though.
I believe each girl is famous in their own right by things each has done, Marisa for SI, Heidi for her shows, Adriana for VS, and Maybelline and her GQ stuff, and Ale for her VS.
But I do believe overall that is Heidi, Adriana, Marisa, and Ale who are the most famous out of the girls, in that order from what the general public searchs on google for the last few years. Again, I'm not saying anyone is wrong or anything before anyone jumps on my ***...I'm just saying that this is what I've seen and what articles and etc say.

^Well... I was pretty much just going by what I experienced, and in no way am I being biased, because I have nothing against adriana or any of the angel for the matter of fact! I love them all, and if I was being biased, I would have said miranda is the most well-known angel in the world, but I didnt, and I can admit that she isnt very well-known. I can face that, and it doesnt matter one bit because she is a precious angel, and I love her work and of course personality. :smile:

Again, Im sorry if it came across the wrong way, Im pretty sure it did. I was just going by my experience, and I listed it as my "opinion" not fact!
all in all, the angels are all superb, and I dont care who is the most famous to least. there all special, and im sure we can agree on that :smile:

these are the only mega famous models in America: (ie: people/media talk about,follow,stalk,want their hairstyles,call/know them by one name, etc...)

Tyra Banks,Naomi Campbell,Kate Moss,Heidi Klum,Gisele Bundchen,Cindy Crawford ( almost any 90's model for that matter) and then "VS angels".

& runway/high fashion models don't even exist in America (in terms of fame)

^ def true! if you put Adriana next to Gisele. Gisele is def more famous, but we are talking about VS-Angels and their fame not models in general. But I do agree with you Michela

ok in that case Adriana definitely is the most famous vs angel :P her and Marisa.

the others are pretty much all on the same level of fame.

Oh yea as much as I love Dri...there is no comparison between her and Gisele at all lol. ut as for America and around the world Heidi, Adriana hold the crown in most famous of the angels. With marisa and Ale close behind.

you can be sure the popularity of Adriana Lima is at the same level as Gisele's one in my country (italy)

In mine most people know about only Heidi and Gisele. That's all.
(There are - of course - people who are involved in fashion or who are interested in it so they know many more names... And believe it or not the other day when I mentioned Gisele's name to my mum she was like "Who is she!?" And I was like "You did not just ask that..." )

i mean : when at TV in italy they are talking of VS event or something concerned with it, they concentrate the most on Adriana as example of beauty and healthy body and they don't mention any other girl if i have to be honest.

she is seen as the main girl and i agree with them. on the other hand, sadly gisele is only known as the model all money and di caprio ex. in my country heidi is also names only because she had her first baby with Briatore.

so from VS ---> adriana. full stop

you'll never hear of karolina or miranda here

I knew adriana was very famous in Italy from her TIM mobile she did right? and also in Turkey.

Gisele i know is most popular in US and Brazil don't know where else though...( i thought everywhere, haha) also Asian countries I have heard she is very well known (don't know for sure though)

ps. i can't believe this thread is still open and alive :P

Gisele is internationally famous in a way that NONE of the present VS Angels are (excluding, perhaps, Heidi). Until Tyra did ANTM, which has been syndicated in countries everywhere - she was even not as famous as Gisele.

For example, in Korea, when they advertised the Taxi movie, it wasn't Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon's pics on the posters - it was Gisele as the headliner. "See Gisele in Taxi!" I know in Japan she's probably even more famous. Infinitely more well-known than Adriana, Marisa or any of the others. Heidi is extremely famous everywhere, probably because she was the last big commercial Supermodel. (in the vein of Elle MacPherson, Christie Brinkley, etc) and Gisele was the last big high fashion Supermodel (in the vein of Naomi, Cindy, Claudia, etc).

since this is a VS thread, Gisele is out for me now so i am talking of the CURRENT angels and THEIR fame

I think internationally Gisele is the best known (not talking about the angels) Heidi (I honestly really don't count her either...considering she only does about 1 thing a year) next would be Adriana on the famous scale.
She's very famous in italy, and she's very famous in Turkey, and I believe a lot of other places as well. She's had maybelline posters everywhere for the last few years. She's really the only angel who has always had 2 or more contracts while be a contracted angel. Marisa I would say follows behind and then Alessandra.

Adriana and Doutzen are really the only angels now with a High fashion background, which makes them for accessible for other companies. They both did a great share of high fashion work which makes them able to switch back to it at a drop of a hat...which I believe helps them in the long run.

I don't really think you can place Adriana's HF background at the same level as Doutzen's, in fact I think Adriana and Ale have pretty comparable HF backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->