Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 - *Please see first post before posting*

so Lily and Alessandra are pregnant leaving both out for a fantasy bra? unless Ale makes a big comeback and gets it to draw in viewers

Its going to be hard for either Ale and Lily to appear in the VSFS, unless they loose the baby weight really quickly.

^Hard? How so? The VSFS is in November. They are giving birth June/July. They have plenty of time. Now the FB is a whole other story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they shoot the FB in July? Like does VS NEED to? We don't even get info about it until like October.

Why do they shoot the FB in July? Like does VS NEED to? We don't even get info about it until like October.

All of VS' shoots are shot up to three months prior to the photos ever being released. The same goes for magazines. I am sure there's a reason why.

Well they should make an exception and give it to Ale.
I mean, doesn't she get mad/jealous that she's been there since forever and she STILL hasn't worn the bra?

^Yes, I am sure she cries herself to sleep over it every single night.

Good one vivaglam ^^ lol

I mean, these talks seem to never end regardless of how many time has been said that :

1. it is not about "who deserves fb most"
2. if Ale still has not got it, then may be there is a reason or may be SHE does not want it, yeah just doesnt care, who knows ?

I bet on Doutzen to get FB in 2012.

This is probably a really dumb question, but has Candice worn the FB yet?

Anyway I have been trying to post about this year's show since it was broadcasted, but I guess everything that I wanted to say have been said :P
I liked the slow motions though, but maybe a bit too much, and certainly there should've been better shots for slow mo.
And definitely not enough time to see the actual walks, and they cut out too many of the 'non-angels'.

I haven't watched VSFS for 3 years and only watched this year because a friend reminded me of it for some reason. The performances were pretty good imo, and well chosen. Comparing to the bits I watched of Black Eyed Peas, I cringed watching that and promptly stopped.
But out of all the performers I didn't like Nicki Minaj, it was a good and fun song but she performs as if she is the spotlight. As good as she might be, she isn't the spotlight.
This was especially true when Erin was getting ready to pose at the end of the runway and suddenly Minaj showed up by her side. Everytime I look at that show it always seems to me that Erin was saying 'You B**ch' as she walks back lol.

This is probably a really dumb question, but has Candice worn the FB yet?

Anyway I have been trying to post about this year's show since it was broadcasted, but I guess everything that I wanted to say have been said :P
I liked the slow motions though, but maybe a bit too much, and certainly there should've been better shots for slow mo.
And definitely not enough time to see the actual walks, and they cut out too many of the 'non-angels'.

I haven't watched VSFS for 3 years and only watched this year because a friend reminded me of it for some reason. The performances were pretty good imo, and well chosen. Comparing to the bits I watched of Black Eyed Peas, I cringed watching that and promptly stopped.
But out of all the performers I didn't like Nicki Minaj, it was a good and fun song but she performs as if she is the spotlight. As good as she might be, she isn't the spotlight.
This was especially true when Erin was getting ready to pose at the end of the runway and suddenly Minaj showed up by her side. Everytime I look at that show it always seems to me that Erin was saying 'You B**ch' as she walks back lol.
But the performers are in the spotlight these days, we may not like it but that is the way it is. When the commercials promoting the show are being aired they are something to the effect of "join Kanye West, Jay-Z, Maroon 5, Nicki Minaj and 35 of the most beautiful women in the world for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show," and then when the show is airing and they are going to commercial break there are teasers like "Nicki is on the move!" "Jay-Z is in the building."

Once upon a time there were promos that were model centric, and a good chunk of those were Heidi-centric, or perhaps Heidi and Tyra-centric and the comments before the commercial breaks would be about costumes made out of candy, but that has fallen by wayside in favor of promoting the musical acts. I am assuming that since this has been going on for a couple of years and the ratings are getting better, that the musical acts are the draw. Presumably VS does not mind as long as they get to say Victoria's Secret throughout the show, and to the extent that they do mind it is to raise the profile of its models / Angels to sustain interests in them throughout the rest of the year.

I keep my fingers crossed for Doutzen but I think Candice will get it.

My money for the FB is on Doutzen, if not Doutzen it will be Adriana again a la Heidi 1999-2001-2003 with everyone hating on her

Id be happy for Adriana, Doutzen or Erin to get it. Nothing special if Candice got it but i dont think she would look right in the Fantasy bra but then again i thought the same about Miranda pre baby.

My wish though would be for Ale to get it

GQ (UK) February 2012
The New Victorian Empire
Victoria's Secret Angels by Gavin Bond

ebook free download via visualoptimism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->