Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 - Please see first post before posting*UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree every page of VS used to have a different model/angel and that was it. none of these unknown baby looking girls ruling the pages, blehhhh... the only time i like the other girls in the catalogs are to maybe model the clothes/pajamas (bc those pics are really boring, lol) or for the PINK line. other than that i only want to see the angels in lingerie (for the most part).

^ oh haha Doutzen.. haha forgot about her too! Ah well, I'm still waiting for Emanuela to be introduced.. why is it taking so long anyway?

God only knows, look how long Marisa was an angel before they announced it...I have no idea why they take so long. By the time they get around to announcing it (or making it obvious) people already know.

Michela I agree, it use to be the unpopular things that the unknown models got, and it took a lot for you to pose in the lingerie lines, now it's you actually have to look for an angel in their catalog it's ridiculous. I don't want Heidi on my cover (I have some from 10 years ago when she was on the cover) and I don't want to turn every page to see girls who look like they could use a good pizza before they go to science and gym class.

yes i agree ^ it seems like some angels we are seeing model more of the clothes/pajamas than the new girls. and the new girls are modeling all the sexy bras/panties. It should definitely be the other way around like it used to be.

Oh thats such a painful theme for me as some of you may already know lol...grrr... Id LOVE for them to go back to Angels for lingerie and main stuff, I wish I wish ! I dont have anything against all those new faces, sure, they want to try smth new, okay but come on, not for ALL items. I get a feeling angels dont get any work in catalogues at all - a few pictures of Adriana, some of Doutzen and only one of Marisa doesnt count at all ! WTF.

Some HF girls can sell a sexy bra and a panty but not all they use now...They have angels with some hot bodies made for modeling lingerie and yet use some teen-looking girls, nah, they dont make me buy anything sorry. I better stop at that lol.

it seems like VS is going through a lot of crazy changes! First the catalog pictures with the new girls showing the sexy stuff. And off course the sudden change of Angels. In 1 year 3 Angels gone.. with 2 beautiful angels in return but still.. it's quite a change.. I'm curious about the vsfs this year..

It's almost as if these angels gave up their high fashion careers (some of them) because they were deemed to sexy for it, so they signed on to VS and they were used and now it's like the complete opposite. I truly feel that some of the angels could make it on their own without vs, it's almost as if VS keeps some of the angels just to say they have them on contract but don't intend to use them.

^ True, but for some of them VS was a step to become famous. I mean Adriana, Izabel, Doutzen. They all proved they are really hf models, they can make it without VS. But IMO Marisa, Miranda & Selita are famous because of their contracts with VS. To some of them it is a great to have a contract but for some of them it's not necessary.. but for girls like Emanuela & Candice it would be a great opportunity to have a name in the industry

Marisa was famous BEFORE signing an angel contract with VS , dont forget two words - Sports Illustrated :smile: VS uses her fame not Marisa theirs.

Ask anyone in US and youll get the answer who is most talked about in celeb news (without mentioning VS) - its Mostly Heidi and Marisa. Whereas Adriana and others are often mentioned along with VS. Take notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
No she was not, she signed angel contract before she was on the cover of SI(But it announced later). Contract are not revealed until its started. And she was just a hot girl before she got the SI cover. Considering that its the same agency to get those cover and contract pretty much it helps Marisa alot than she helps VS.........Another advantage also Marisa has that She is from US thats why she become so popular with the SI cover....

Marisa was famous BEFORE signing an angel contract with VS , dont forget two words - Sports Illustrated :smile: VS uses her fame not Marisa theirs.

Ask anyone in US and youll get the answer who is most talked about in celeb news (without mentioning VS) - its Mostly Heidi and Marisa. Whereas Adriana and others are often mentioned along with VS. Take notes.

And yes maybe IN US but outside US. it's Heidi & Adriana. with Ale & Doutzen close behind. If you look at VS worldwide instead of just the US. Those girls are always mentioned along with VS.

I think Marisa has the same "problem" that Heidi yes. Yes she's famous, but people know her more as a celebrity rather than a fashion model. That's why people like Lagerfeld and other German designer are not afraid to talk candidly about Heidi's non-fashion model status. You lose credibility and you don't have the respect of the fashion world.

I agree with you julia! When I visited the U.S, marisa and hiedi were literally the ONLY angels most of them knew! Marisa is pretty well-known in america, even more so then I thought!
But I guess in every country it differs... :flower: like for example, when I asked about miranda in the us, they didnt know her by name, but if I showed a photo, they would reconize her as "the cute girl in the vs catalouge with the dimples" (and im just talking about the magority. Some of them were like:blink:)... where as in australia, if you asked about miranda straight away they would know who your taking about, and im guessing in some other countries, they wouldnt know who the hell she is by name or face.

You know what's funny? whenever I start to thnk of the list of angels, Miranda doesn't pop up for me, for whatever reason. And I'm really starting to like her. At first Ididn't

^Im glad your starting to like her :flower: she is a little cutie, and I think the angels group needs a little cutieeee <33 :flower:

Some parts of the country may be marisa, but as someone who use to work as an employee at VS from my experience and etc Heidi and Adriana were the most well known, even to the celebs who go to the show..you ask who they are there to see it's Heidi or Adriana. I would say Heidi, Adriana, Marisa and Ale are the best known though in the US. :smile:

^Okay, but I wasnt refering to the customers at vs neither the celebrities, I was speaking about the general public. :smile: but I guess, as long as the customers and celebrities know them, thats the only thing that really matters...

well the customers are the general public...I mean I wouldn't see them as anything else. Mostly everyone knows who Heidi Klum is, most people know who Adriana is and some know who Marisa is. This is just my opinion it's not fact but from what I've seen The 4 I listed are the most known to the general public :smile: i mean just looking at the google trends says a lot, because it's the general public doing the searchs online :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->