Vogue Italia February 2018 : Gisele Bündchen by Jamie Hawkesworth

Absolutely wanting to see where this cover story goes.

It's as if Gisele is giving FASHION the middle finger but it's done so blandly.

This is so utterly boring... with any other model this would have been given hot criticism... there’s simply nothing special about it... I don’t understand why are ppl so all over the moon...

I absolutely agree.

I think this is very boring, mainly because of Gisele.

So good! I loved Franca’s VI, but I love the new Vogue Italia as well.

Oh god... why another multi cover issue??

The new Vogue Italia really has no clue.

I think it's super boring as well, and please stop doing the multi covers! Is that the only way VI can sell now?

It's a beautiful and unguarded shot at face value. Jamie did a great job for his first Vogue cover.
Unfortunately it doesn't look anything like Gisele, the angle reminds me of her Porter debut cover, and a hoodie? Really, VI? This is a fashion magazine!

:flower: agreed 200% :lol:

Easy going, natural, and simply beautiful. She has such an amazing presence even in an ordinary setting, every photographers dream, this girl! Even over two decades later.

And Happy for Jamie, wow, his first Vogue cover, there will be many more!

Giselle looks very sweet and beautiful, vulnerable even and it’s good to see Jamie score this cover. I have one major issue that has nothing to do with Gisele or Jamie. The styling. A gray jersey hoodie on the cover of Vogue Italia! :angry: Hell No! Unacceptable! I don’t care if it’s Vetments or any other designer, it’s an inappropriate styling choice. Call me old school or bourgeoise, I don’t care, but I cannot accept that! This is the high fashion magazine of the world and you put the most iconic model in a hoodie? Come on....

Giselle looks very sweet and beautiful, vulnerable even and it’s good to see Jamie score this cover. I have one major issue that has nothing to do with Gisele or Jamie. The styling. A gray jersey hoodie on the cover of Vogue Italia! :angry: Hell No! Unacceptable! I don’t care if it’s Vetments or any other designer, it’s an inappropriate styling choice. Call me old school or bourgeoise, I don’t care, but I cannot accept that! This is the high fashion magazine of the world and you put the most iconic model in a hoodie? Come on....

You're bourgeois! :lol:

Honestly, that was my point as well. But I still think Jamie's off on a cracking start. Just hope it's won't be a once-off cover for him like it was with Vincent, who actually went on to produce such stellar work for Porter.

Is Vogue Italia really about to go down this trend in fashion photography? Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with it, but this I can find on any other little indie magazine.

Vogue Ukraine and Portugal, please become king.

It looks so much like an i-D cover! Nothing outstanding or original, but it works for me.

looks like another outtake she modeled for Porter the first issue... which means a big No. I don’t get where this magazine has been. It’s just lost, it wasn’t even on downhill.

I like it because it´s Gisele, that´s it.
Vogue Italia has lost its high fashion magic and I already made my peace with it, but if it gives me a more natural Gisele then I won´t complain about the awful styling (those slippers) or the photography.

I really like this, it's always interesting to see models in a different way, in an intimate setting. People often forget that they are humans, especially in the age of instagram where everyone can say his opinion (=judge) in one second. So to see an icon like Gisele photographed in her own home is a big yes for me. And I'm so happy for Jamie. He deserves this cover. Very curious to see the editorial.

Gisele at home? This would have been amazing if she had that supermodel-businesswoman look who just came back from a meeting, welcoming us in stilletos, a summerish skirt and with a glamourous hairstyle.

Gisele at home? This would have been amazing if she had that supermodel-businesswoman look who just came back from a meeting, welcoming us in stilletos, a summerish skirt and with a glamourous hairstyle.

But since the story will probably be about Gisele "as a person" (don't know how to express it, I mean they will focus on her real personality and lifestyle because that's her real home) that look wouldn't have represented her.. Or at least that's what I suppose

Way too casual, it's 2018, you cannot get away with putting no money on the production and still expect people to pay for it.

It's okay. The styling is lazy though. This is Vogue. Italian Vogue. They seem to constantly need a reminder, no?

However, had this been a different edition, let's say Vogue Paris, Alt would have been criticized to filth. Also, had this been a different model, let's say Gigi/Bella Hadid, the tone of the conversation would have been way, way, way different.

It could have been better. Jamie produces good photos, Gisele is a legend. We all deserved more. But nonetheless, it's not as tragic as the other covers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->