Vogue Italia February 2018 : Gisele Bündchen by Jamie Hawkesworth

I've said it before and I'll say it again, magazines cannot compete with Instagram. So these lazy stories of candid photos just look lame -- not helped by the fact that we can't see Gisele's face in several of the shots. Magazines need to step up their damn game.

Treating Gisele as a celebrity at home instead of a super-model is a big fail.

I think anyone into fashion for years and familiar with her career knows that she is sooo above this or above one ‘asset’; she more than proved herself as a model back in the day. Sadly, I really think this is her life now, a D-list celebrity that is best known for being the occassionally ‘too outspoken’ wife of a popular football player that is only relevant in the US and then, as in any sport, among not exactly the most sophisticated demographic. I kind of resent that tbh :lol:.. I think the whole retirement and producing such safe work is the result of having that ‘supportive wife’ role as a day job.

That being said, the story is okay and has some warmth to it, Jamie’s comfort zone is obviously in full command of the amount of experimentation you can easily get with new and popular models. He probably had to sign a lot forms just to produce something like this, I mean at some point Gisele was working with one photographer for the most part (Nino), you have to take a look at the work produced there to understand what happened here and how the guy likely really did his best..

I like Gisele's personal photos more than the pics taken by Jamie. :ninja:

SPIRITS WITHIN
Photographer: Tim Walker
Stylist: Katy England
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Make-Up: Christian Fritzenwanker
Models: Duckie Thot, Kiki Willems, Anna Cleveland, Harry Alexander, Jordan Robson & James Crewe

http://awake-smile.blogspot.rs/2018/02/duckie-thot-kiki-willems-anna-cleveland.html

Cont.

http://awake-smile.blogspot.rs/2018/02/duckie-thot-kiki-willems-anna-cleveland.html

The styling in Spirits Within is sublime. I love the utilization of those Chalayan dresses and how the Tom Ford dress after that is completely desexualized.

THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR ARE NOT WHAT THEY APPEAR TO BE
Photographer: Johnny Dufort
Stylist: Lotta Volkova Adam
Hair: Gary Gill
Make-Up: Nami Yoshida
Model: Dipti Sharma

instagram.com/vogueitalia/

OVERLAY INTERSECTION
Photographer: Viviane Sassen
Stylist: Patti Wilson
Hair & Make-Up: Irena Ruben
Models: Marte Mei & Sora Choi

LET'S TALK ABOUT PERIODS
Photographers: Zanele Muholi, Sebastian Henkel, Ed Maximus, Chen Lingyang & Alice Whitby

↑ I am REALLY not sure what to think about this one... :unsure:

The Johnny Dufort feat Lotta editorial looks exactly like I thought it would. So predictable, so uninspired, so... instanorm. Looks like something I could shoot during any festival/party with friends. Go to any extreme festival in Iceland and that's what you will see. Actually, I've seen better pics from there.
The corpse paint looks extra ridiculous (I seriously can't understand the need for outsiders to use black metal scenery when they have no idea what black metal is even about - again, pure ignorance based on pinterest).

All in all, I have no idea how that has a place in Vogue Italia. Not does it feel Italian, nor does it feel VI, nor does it look good/artistic. It's just a big pile of nothing.

Love Viviane's work but I'm not really into this. The location plus light doesn't work for me.

Tim Walker is just more of the same. I used to love him but he's repeating way too much.

Still missing two editorials, right?

Thanks god Tim Walker came to save the day, otherwise this issue is completely lackluster. Vivianne Sassen is total filler and it's still better than those other things they dared to publish.

I was actually not bothered at the mention of Lotta because some of her work is not that awful but that edit is just a waste of paper and an eyesore. Regarding Let's talk about periods the last thing this magazine needed was to jump on weird feminist trends... sans commentaire

Last edited by a moderator:
"The people next door" does not belong in any Vogue... perhaps in the pretentious Ukrainian or Portuguese edition, but not in Italia oh my god. What a #choice.

Cover-story, HQs:

SUNDAY WITH GISELE
Photographer: Jamie Hawkesworth
Stylist: Gisele Bündchen
Model: Gisele Bündchen

http://awake-smile.blogspot.rs/2018/02/gisele-bundchen-in-vogue-italia.html

Thank you Zorka! :flower: Does anyone have the red Gucci-set cover without text?

'Wrapped In Silence'

Photographer: Léa Nielsen
Model: Cleo Cwiek
Stylist: Mette Krogsgaard
Make-up: Jan Stuhr

sight-management, anneofcarversville

I hate when celebs put their kids in pics and then obsure their face. Either have them in the pic or don’t.

I really can’t stand Gisele honestly. Her association with Brady has just soured her for me.

Does anyone have the red Gucci-set cover without text?

EVERYTHING for my TFS friends! :flower:

vogue.it/en/fashion/cover-fashion-stories/2018/02/05/vogue-italia-febbraio-2018-sunday-with-gisele-bundchen + some of my own skills

HQ video:

Gisele opens up the door of her house for the February issue of Vogue Italia

February 6th marks the release of the new February issue of Vogue Italia starring Brazilian top model Gisele Bündchen in an intimate portrait lensed by photography's rising star Jamie Hawkesworth.

The video shot by Kevin Tekinel – and edited by Milos Bogojevic – offers a taste of the atmosphere on set.

The appointment was set for 6am on a Sunday morning outside the gates of Chestnut Hill villa, in Boston, where Gisele Bündchen lives with her two children and her husband, American football legend Tom Brady, quarter back for the New England Patriots, set to compete in the Super Bowl final in just a few days.

The Brazilian top model, whose 2017 income of $17.5 million (a year in which she reduced her commitments handing over the top spot to Kendall Jenner) earned her the second place in Forbes' annual list of the world's highest-paid models, agreed – for the first time – to open the door of her house to Vogue Italia photographer Hawkesworth, whom she allowed to portray her son Benjamin and was even entrusted with a series of images from her personal albums.

However, this is not the only 'first time' making this cover story of the Condé Nast monthly publication so special: posing in her kitchen, Gisele is portrayed in a pair of Looney Tunes slippers – an intimate and personal image that is miles away from the typically glamorous version of the top model we are used to seeing.

But, most of all, this is the first time in the history of Vogue Italia that a model appears on the cover make-up free and without a stylist deciding on the look: the garments (including the Gucci looks wore on the two covers) were selected and styled by Gisele herself.

Jamie Hawkesworth chose to employ a reportage style, without artificial lighting and shooting on film in order to preserve the intimacy and spontaneity of the shoot.

Penning the interview is South African author Richard Mason, who in his latest book Who killed Piet Barol? reveals, just like the model, a strong environmentalist conscience. A strong advocate for the preservation of our planet, last September, the model won Vogue Italia's Green Carpet Fashion Award presented to her during a ceremony at Milan's La Scala theatre.

vogue.it/en/fashion/cover-fashion-stories/2018/02/01/gisele-budchen-cover-girl-vogue-italia-february-issue-top-model-fashion-video/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->