Vogue Italia February 2018 : Gisele Bündchen by Jamie Hawkesworth

Im in love with the video! Gisele needs her own documentary asap. The video feels like a teaser for that. As a film it works, in motion the shots are beautiful. However, the stills fall flat. It's not really fitting for Vogue Italia.

Last edited by a moderator:

popsugar

Cover story:

people, weibo/c-oli, weibo/xiangchong1015, instagram/vogueitalia

Thanks for the Cover-story, StockholmFW :flower: , but it looks really shameful in my opinion. (It's kinda her 5 year old daughter took her phone and made a few random shots...)

You get Gisele and this is what you give us?

Agreed, I personally wanted more outdoor photos. The one with the red Gucci set, either when she's doing the yoga pose or jumping, I would've loved to see in the story.

So random and boring. Instagram-worthy at best, not Vogue Italia!

I wanted to say "a new low for Vogue Italia" but then I realized that else they've been offering us in the past 2 years.

Natural Gisele is as boring to me as Glamorous Gisele. I think i would love to see her again on a collections ed, modelling clothes and not just branding herself between her two identities.

This is the result when you give free-reign to a painfully overhyped shooter with very limited creativity (who may be able to produce one or two solid images, but can’t handle a story at all), and a team that’s too desperate in seeking the approval of the the InstaCrowd rather than lead.

Lowered expectations and all that.

jesus, what is this?
the new vogue Italia is revealing itself as a try-hard, Instagram approval-chasing mess.
They are trying to be edgy / political without the rarefied allure of high fashion that used to be VI currency. everything is either too obvious or too obtusely abstract.

Do you know if this is complete or not? I was expecting more... (I thought there were more outdoor pictures, a family portrait at least. I read there were pictures of her riding a horse and also shots on the beach). Really disappointing...

I disagree that Jamie is overhyped. There are plenty of overhyped photographers in our little fashion corner but I don't think Jamie is one of them.

That said, I do think (and always have) that Gisele is as boring as they come. And she would be the last model I would think for something like this. She is a known control freak and she would hijack every "production" the team would have for something like this. Hell, the woman is even known to have a "light model" so she doesn't have to work "too much".

Imagine this same thing with models that actually care like MariaCarla and Bianca (for Italians) or ANY +35 years old model that didn't work with VS so doesn't need any "glam/hot/cute" control over her image and have an actual interesting life. I remember an ed with Guinevere by Oliver Hadlee Pearch where they did something like this (but with styling) and there was these super amazing pictures of her and her mum that looked so natural and beautiful.

Looking at the editorial, I see why they chose the pics for the cover.
It's all terrible, just terrible.
This is what happens when you guarantee a cover story to a celebrity.
If they don't produce, then you're stuck with nothing.
Treating Gisele as a celebrity at home instead of a super-model is a big fail.

Gisele was an excellent model back in the day, as a celebrity she’s simply insufferable. The worst match ever for VI.

In what unvierse is Hawkesworth overhyped. He doesn't know how to shoot a whole story? What about all of the instances in which we were trippimg over ourselves to praise his wonderful editorials? Also saying that he's clueless whenever he isn' working with a good stylist is simply no truth considering the praise he's got for his documentary work.

Boring story but for that I blame Gisele, kill me but we all know what her best asset is.

Another shot

Instagram @vogueitalia

Attachments

• 27574748_150706378975741_7687804963770073088_n.jpg
    27574748_150706378975741_7687804963770073088_n.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member