Vogue Italia March 2020 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Only Farneti can start a paragraph about the Coronavirus, connect it to computer screens, and end it with "what does real mean today" coupled with a tagline "don't judge a girl by her cover."

Sweetie, people have been interacting through technology for a decade now. Its like saying TikTok rose to fame because people were scared to interact with each other.

The level of mediocrity and st*pidity.

The cover is okay. The masked logo is so 2005. Black would have done this cover more justice. The tagline and the font used are both equally atrocious.

Every month I look at Vogue Italia and think it can't become more pretentious and every month Farneti surprises me with some blatant and meaningless words about disconnected topics and some odd looking covers without anything fashionable or artistic or interesting or good about it.

It’s beautiful but I’m confused.

Is a good cover but the concept is WTF??

by the way someone mentioned on the Cover Rumor Thread about the use of the Coronavirus in Vogue Italia. I guess wasn’t wrong.

So am I correct in thinking this isn’t a real model? It’s like some computer generated figure? Did Mert & Marcus create the figure?

What the f*ck?

But hey, at least it's not that hideous Lil Mikaela or even worse, nonouri or whatever.
The caption made me throw up a little, but it's okay. The cover image and that fake model are quite pretty, the logo............................................................
disturbingly bad. I came with no expectations, but I'm still leaving utterly disappointed.

Why are there casting directors if she isn't real?

Edward should have been appointed for Vogue Italia. I said what I said.

I'll give it to them: I think it's a beautiful cover, and I like the masthead. I'm a bit unsure as to what Mert & Marcus' job was here if this was computer generated and not photographed? Did they work in collaboration with someone on the image composition and the render?

Imagine what could get produced by a good team when the theme is "don't judge a girl by her cover".

As for "a girl who doesn't exist" - we all know editorials aren't photo-realism and the fashion fantasies we see are just that. They're figments of storytelling and photoshopping. That element of unreality already exists. It's nothing new.

And if CGI is such a ground-breaking concept in terms of fashion, then why aren't men's magazines riddled with editorials featuring all the good-looking characters that already exist in games. Or would that seem too childish to the target audience?

Wow, could Farneti be any more of an opportunist? to weave the Coronavirus into some CGI shoot just to make it culturally relevant? As Russianelf once said, 'your honour, she's reaching!' LOL.

I don't get the purpose of CGI when an actual working model could have been booked for it. You must have a tenuous grasp of conceptual fashion to like this.

I don't get the purpose of CGI when an actual working model could have been booked for it. You must have a tenuous grasp of conceptual fashion to like this.

This is all but an extension of the "No photoshoot production was required in the making of this issue" schtick

Edward should have been appointed for Vogue Italia. I said what I said.

Agreed! He's got the fashion chops to run this edition, especially considering his previous work. This guy is in over his head.

"We are going to put a girl that doesn't exist on the cover"...and then they go and create the type of girl we've seen on the cover of Vogue 10 billion times :wacko:
If we were to post this without the caption, everyone will think this is just another random new face.

This Farneti's statement, which is a part of the editor's letter I presume, is quite meaningful and profound actually. The cover (a weird logo aside, although I get the idea behind it) is better than anticipated, as well. All in all, finally something (from VI) I'm looking forward to!

This cover is by no means offensive to the eye, but I am just sick of every single issue of Vogue Italia being dedicated to a specific concept or a blatant marketing ploy to boost sales. Vogue Italia has become a total gimmick under Farneti.

They probably photographed a real model and just changed her face.

Farneti’s execution here is so disappointing... This “digital age” / “digital avatar” concept could be done so much better (Meisel Pic is still one of my favorites). Not to mention, models already embody this unrealistic standard of the digital age, so their fake covergirl really isn’t that striking or different to me - she just feels like the result of the VI team pursuing this concept down the path of least resistance.

Mostly I’m just peeved because they clearly required a studio shoot (two casting directors?) and yet they didn’t “need any models,” or need to tag them at least. But they did need to hashtag Farneti’s name… :hardhead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultraheavn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->