Vogue Paris June/July 2017 : Gisele Bündchen by Mario Testino

Love it! What a pleasant surprise. So unexpected. Very VP and eye-catching.
I'm looking forward to see the main ed. The Testino + Gisele combo can do no wrong in my eyes. :Pink:

It's stunning. And it's the best cover of Gisele in years!

Gorgeous Gisele..great!
BTW another VP cover with horrible layouts.

This comes as a good surprise! Truly stunning! I didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad to see this. I didn't recognize Gisele at first, well I still don't actually. And I can't get used to this font. Very good cover overall!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great shot but it is not a cover. VP's art direction is a mess. Years ago their use of typography was stunning and felt so chic and expensive, but now it's terrible and this poor arrangement doesn't help.

There's an art to crafting a cover, even an unconventional one such as this. I'm all for playing around with the rules but you can't just use any old shot from the editorial, stick some type over the top and call it a day (as evidenced by many of today's magazines attempts at subscriber's covers.) Maybe it's just me but I want a well-crafted, balanced and considered cover and I want this kind of shot inside of the magazine where you can fully appreciate it.

Like I said, the photograph itself is fantastic, the blue is so enticing and I'm looking forward to the rest of the shoot, but this is not a cover. Maybe it will grow on me, but at the moment I'm not convinced.

:flower::heart::heart::heart: I live for your comment ahahaha this is what I think EVERY F*** MONTH for magazines who play around instead of producing well prepared covers with a professional layout.

Love the cover, is a diferent cover and this is good, Vogue Paris need change the Art Direction

wanna see the editorial, altough I miss meisel and gisele together

Love the blue, but meh on the pose. It looks like she's about to give birth to fashiuuuuun....

Interesting idea but not sure it actually works in reality. The colour scheme is reminding me of Natasha Poly's Vogue Russia cover funnily enough

It is awkward-looking— but it’s clearly meant to be that brand of awkward that I&V does so well. And it’s even cool-looking in it’s attempt to break the tradition of the classic layout. It’s not quite successful, but it definitely looks so much more high fashion and dream-making than anything most Vogues, and leagues better than those bland catalogues UK and US Vogue has ever been able to conjure up this decade. And if nothing else, VP always manages to look appropriately high fashion expensive.

Had this been a lesser Vogue, the cover would have a predictably sexed up Gisele in your face so no one will not know it’s Gisele with only the coverline “GISELE”… At least VP is willing, and daring enough to play with her image, even to the point of obscuring it. And even humbling her to remind people that the fashion comes first-- as it should, and she's just a model.

I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not quite successful, but it definitely looks so much more high fashion and dream-making than anything most Vogues, and leagues better than those bland catalogues UK and US Vogue has ever been able to conjure up this decade. And if nothing else, VP always manages to look appropriately high fashion expensive.
my thoughts exactly... good for a Vogue.

The letters really bother me.. it looks like a cool image (again, for this type of publication) but the letters are so invasive it makes it forgettable to me.

^^^ The text/coverline is definitely the least successful component. I kind of find Gisele unbearable at this point in time (once again— she’s just a model, people…).

... So I’d like tot think of the text/coverlines as a Zeus-like entity raining down on her, ready for some naughtiness— to a willing and ready Gisele, of course LOL

I like it. I share the sentiment that it´s very unexpected.

This was shot in December in Rio, I think... there were snaps in Gisele´s thread during that time.

one word: OBSESSED.

I think it will do well on the newsstands. It creates the question, who is that? But then you are like, oh well of course; it could not be anyone else other than Gisele.

i do like they attemp to do another thing...like someone said making a cover is an art...the problem i think is the layout...too much text for a cover like that...who's VP art director? or creative director?...The image is dreamy....maybe without the Sunglasses? Gisele staring? IDK but something is missing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"