Vogue Paris March 2009 : Iris Strubegger by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Iris's first cover of VOGUE. Congratulations on her...​

She was on the background of the Vogue Italia cover in August last year.

I hate the lips but I'm glad it is finally out. Not really looking forward to receive this judging by this cover. But oh my god finally it is out.

Amazing cover!
Can't wait for the rest!

i don't really love the cover, there's something boring about it, but i am happy that Iris nab a VP cover solo, moreover it's a March issue. good for her.

The lack of eyebrows is most definitely harking back to Kristen's cover
Not too mention, its been a fairly common sight as of late

I love it!
Iris looks very good and I like the colors.
Though that Chanel logo is a little too obvious... but never mind, great cover!

is everyone nuts here ? this is a complete rip off of steven meisel 's cover and everyone just goes oh how beautiful ,just love it .

^Uhm, well since Meisel's covers are inspired by other fashion images throughout the years, that's hardly anything but flattering to him...

I feel like this cover would've been so much better with some jewelery.

^ :lol:

You're right but without all that stuff it would have looked really boring and flat I think. I don't understand why they picked Iris for the Coco Chanel issue since she's not really a Chanel girl I think and I would have had a better idea for a cover but it's Iris so I'm not going to complain.

But seriously looking at some other French Vogue covers this is a let down.

is everyone nuts here ? this is a complete rip off of steven meisel 's cover and everyone just goes oh how beautiful ,just love it .

Nothing is original anymore. The first thing I said when I saw this was that it was inspired by the Meisel cover with McMenamy, but I wouldn't call it a complete rip off. If anything, it should be complimentary that someone wants to remake such an iconic cover. Besides, Meisel borrows inspiration from everyone and everything and no one complains about that (as if the "Dogging" editorial wasn't a rip off of Kohei Yoshiyuki's work)...:innocent:

Nothing is original, everything is a reinterpretation or borrows from something else. It's about doing it justice and being honest about the inspiration. That being said, I still love the cover, even if McMenamy and Meisel's was better.

It's a cool cover though the make up makes her look very androginous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->