Vogue Paris May 2012 : Laetitia Casta by Mario Testino

I'd love to see sophistication and vividness in VP covers, but this is all right. Alt does seem to try to give some freshness to the magazine.

The cover is undoubtedly beautiful, Laetitia looks gorgeous :heart: But my complaint is what others mentioned before, it doesn't scream Vogue Paris to me.
Looking forward to seeing the ed by Glen! (Bérénice Béjo, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Charlotte Rampling, Leïla Bekhti are in it according to vp.fr).
It's out on April 20.

I really like the cover:
it's fresh (which imo is appropriate for May) and putting Laetitia on the cover was unexpected, I think it's a nice improvement for VP, one of the best covers since Alt is EIC.

Simple and beautiful, I mean no matter how hard they try it always end up by criticizing.

I like this but I want a new face on the Vogue Paris cover. This year have been all supermodels (and Doutzen that kind of is).
I would like even more if the blue was lighter but its ok I guess. Vogue Spain did Laetitia better!

I like it. It's very clean and fresh. Laetitia + VP never disappoint.

jmrmartinho No way! (at least for me) I prefer VP's. It's so much clean and fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh what a bore!:ermm: I don't see any difference between this and Marie Claire or Elle Casta looks good though.:heart:

Keeping it simple, clean and fresh for May... this is a moment where I find Alt's style really works for me, and at least this seems like a proper cover image, unlike last month's slightly off-kilter shot of Doutzen, which looked like it was plucked from an editorial as a last-minute option for the cover, rather than created for the purpose.

Two decent shoots inside this issue and I'll be happy to get it.

you took the words out of my mouth ^_^

I really like the cover, it's very simple and very Alt.

And in general if you put all covers/issues together, there is a message that Alt is trying to send. Fresh, simple, boyish look - I like it. The covers are better and better. Last three covers were very good. Of course there are few things I would like to change but in general Alt is doing pretty good job. Different than Roitfeld, but good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not too bad and it's a nice composition, and Laetitia looks good, but, there is no 'wow factor' and I would appreciate a VP cover that would give that.
It's hardly going to be remembered and won't go down as one of their best.
I guess I'm wanting something iconic from them.

Its very simple and 90s, another model would have made it boring thats why they brought in a supermodel who brought it to life

WoW this is like watching one of those infomercials about acne, skin or hair products.
I don't know what's worse the white background or the white jacket on the white background.

According to tfs, it's been like never-ending VP's funeral since Carine left :lol:

Too true.

Also according to tfs, every issue/cover has been worse than the previous one. I'd imagine at this rate it's going to be on the level of US Weekly by the August issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->