Vogue Paris October 2010 : Lara Stone by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

"excès" indeed, mrs walliams!
finally an amazing cover.:heart:

^Totally, I died when I saw this, breahtaking I want it poster size in my room!

At first, I thought the lace mask, gloves and the Victorian necklace could've made it look austere but it's beautiful. Definitely adore Lara as the cover girl ^_^. Who was the photographer?

Unbelievably good! I know alot of people are confused at the reaction to this.
What's so iconic about it, what's so epic.

I think the simple fact that it's a shot that is NOT synonymous with what you see on current newsstands, but rather an image that conveys a real sense of vintage fashion photography as an artform. It's simple, it's dramatic and it's stunning! It's not about Lara. It's one shot that screams 'VOGUE.'
In my opinion, that's why it's iconic.

Rose Cordero's March 2010 cover is still the Vogue paris cover of the year, for me. +1 for Black models on the cover of Vogue. :P And based on aesthetics alone, it's still by far a better image.

Sadly i don't enjoy this cover ... its more like an editorial or even a jewelry campaign ... i think its important to look to the future and be fresh in fashion but also have a nod/reference to the past also, and this doesn't evoke for me the spirit & tradition of Paris Vogue

Oh look, it's Lara sans clothing. Quelle surprise!

Haha...in all seriousness, it's a striking image. Less is more. I that it's just black and white and gold. So classy and gorgeous. I hope you're taking notes, Vogue US.

The hints have been increasingly coming at us for awhile now, but this cover -with fanfare aplenty - has convincingly and definitively heralded the arrival of the inevitable turn in fashion: Curves are back in Vogue.

Internal content aside, this cover is going to be remembered.

I don't know... I don't feel thrilled OR disappointed by this cover really. It's nice enough. I have a feeling that it will be more stunning in real life.

:lol: I'll probably buy two copies, who am I kidding?

the cover is by Mert Alas + Marcus Piggott

:heart: :woot: Fantastic cover I totally agree with others.

But is this really a collectors issue or are people meaning it will be a collectors issue in years to come?

First thing it reminded me of was Mert and Marcus' "Welcome to my World" from W March 2007:

snejanaonopkacocorochadvg3.jpg

kinee20dioufcocorochasnir9.jpg

Vogue.es

more previews:

http://www.fashionologie.com/Previe...-Issue-October-2010-Lara-Stone-Cover-10712245

Carine Roitfeld pulled out all the stops for Vogue Paris's 90th anniversary October issue. The cover features Lara Stone — eyes obscured, breasts not so much. "Vogue Paris has always played the card of audacity," said Roitfeld, adding, "We couldn't do a lukewarm issue." The issue is 622 pages, 276 of which are ads, and 104 are well wishes from designers around the world. Inspired by the historic nature of Vogue Paris's 75th anniversary issue, Roitfeld mixed together new editorials (shot by Mario Sorrenti, David Sims, Terry Richardson, Steven Klein, Hedi Slimane, who used Ines de la Fressange's 11-year-old daughter as his model, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, and Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin) with snippets from the Vogue archives, like a 1962 interview with actress Romy Schneider shot by Helmut Newton. Those who pick up the issue in France will be gifted a portfolio of oversize photographs from the nine decades, and Roitfeld plans to celebrate the magazine's 90 years with a costume ball in Paris on Sept. 30. A preview of the issue, below. And speaking of Vogue Paris, newcomer Daphne Groeneveld is rumored to be on the Nov. 2010 cover.

59ae5ca9448005d8_vogue__missoni__marc__elie____et_toute_l___actu_mode_4803_north_320x480.jpg

04cca50c0d0899b7_french-vogue2.jpg

ea06ef9344bf5dc6_french-vogue4.jpg

9ee1e8561e92ab29_french-vogue.jpg

d0f9a3b6675ef7aa_french-vogue3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very anticipated issue since it's the anniversary issue.

Yess sound very good, have only one critic, in very bad in this 90 aniversary issue no have editorial Mario Testino because he are a big influence to this magazine i think a BIG mistake of Carine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->