Vogue Paris September 2010 : Marion Cotillard by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I'm subscribed to VP and I still haven't received my issue...Is anyone in the same situation?

I'm subscribed to VP and I still haven't received my issue...Is anyone in the same situation?

It has happened to me before. Just look up the number of the client service on Vogue.fr and give them a call to explain your situation and they should send you the missing issue :flower:

Information about next month's anniversary issue

BIG EASY: French Vogue’s October issue, marking its 90th anniversary, will be a vrai whopper, and très collectible, too. Weighing in at 622 pages and with model Lara Stone on the cover, it is slated to hit newsstands around Sept. 20, in time for Milan Fashion Week and a costume ball in Paris on Sept. 30 to celebrate it. Since the French title’s 75th anniversary issue had an historical slant, editor in chief Carine Roitfeld decided to take another tack, seamlessly mixing the past and the present to showcase the magazine’s enduring threads of daring and modernity. “Vogue Paris has always played the card of audacity,” Roitfeld said, showing a 1976 Guy Bourdin image juxtaposed with a 2004 Patrick Demarchelier one, each oozing a hard-edged erotic glamour. Roitfeld didn’t show all her cards, but hinted at some surprises inside. “We couldn’t do a lukewarm issue,” she teased.

The magazine will carry 276 traditional advertising pages, plus 104 pages of congratulations from a wide swath of international designers. That compares with a total of 166 ad pages last October.

Roitfeld and her team pulled together a well that spans more than 150 pages, corralling its regular photographers to contribute new shoots: Mario Sorrenti, David Sims, Terry Richardson, Steven Klein, Hedi Slimane and the duos Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott and Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. Slimane’s feature focuses on a classic — the little black dress — but on a surprising model: the 11-year-old daughter of Inès de la Fressange. Showing how timeless some Vogue features were, Roitfeld opted to republish an arresting black-and-white portrait and interview with actress Romy Schneider exactly as it was in 1962, including the miniscule photo credit for Helmut Newton. “The archives of Vogue are extraordinary,” she enthused.

As a gift to readers — in France, at least — the issue will come polybagged with a portfolio of oversize photographs from the nine decades, all unbound on thick paper and ready to frame. The cover price has been bumped up to 5.90 euros, or about $7.50 at current exchange, to cover the exorbitant printing costs, and Vogue increased the global print run by 40 percent, to 280,000 copies, in anticipation of strong demand. Roitfeld noted the October issue also will introduce new typography and an “easier-to-read, clearer” design that will be fully evident in the November issue.
WWD

Last edited by a moderator:
Any interesting editorial from the Vogue Enfants supplement?
They are always so cute!
Thanks!

I'd really love to see The Home Away From Home editorial by Bruce Weber if someone is willing to scan it :flower:

oh wow, can't wait to get THAT issue!!! at 622 pages, that has to be the biggest French Vogue EVER! too bad the supplement will only be available in France......

The publication date is 27th Sept., by the way...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what to think about this issue. Im surprized marion is on the cover. Not a big fan of hers but I have to admit she does pull it off. I love the whole ambiance of the ed.

I also liked the home away from home pictures. They are very parisian and poetic. :smile:

On the other hand, Natasha's ed is deceiving. I wont blame her or terry, but the clothes arent nice, the makeup makes her look tired and a bit old, the photos in general with the poses look like they are from an amateur, withthe posing being a bit off...
And Freja's... Well I'm not a fan of hers. I like the setting and the leopard :D but she just has the same expression on every picture. Plus theres like three of her ads in the issue, I thought there was too much of her.

Anyway, Im happy about the other info and getting my invit' for FNO. (by the way does anyone know whats going on in paris??)

The anniversary one sounds awesome! I cant wait to get my hands on that one :D When will it be sold??

Two missing pictures.
En Zoom section with Karmen P.

Scanned by me.

Thanks for scanning those elsa. Karmen looks beautiful, I love the Gucci shot. Everything looks better in print.
I don't know if it was mentioned, but Alexa Chung is the Une Fille Un Style this month.

I've had an all new appreciation for Constance's three shots by Inez & Vinoodh, after watching the behind the scenes video.
These DVD's that come with the issues are brilliant. Hopefully they continue and give us even more insight to the magazine.

"Corps d'Elite" (HQ)
Ph.: Terry Richardson
Models: Natasha Poly & Jamie Dornan
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt

Scanned by Elfinkova

"Marion Dans les Yeux" without text and HQ
Ph: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Real: Carine Roitfeld
M: Marion Cotillard

my-love-foto.diary.ru

It's actually up there with my favourite celeb editorials, yes it's short but Marion works it, it's bold, sexy and strong. What I like most of all is the tones going on and the fact it feels very much Vogue Paris like it should be I guess, I'm just getting that vibe. Sort of kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to get this issue when it was available.

What an amazing throwback in great digital quality!!!! Enjoy! :blush:

'CORPS D'ELITE' in HQ :blush:
--------------------
Vogue Paris September 2010
Models: Natasha Poly & Jamie Dornan
Ph: Terry Richardson
--------------------

photocouture-show.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members