W Magazine August 2015 : Taraji P. Henson by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Absolutely love this!

Seems to be influenced by some older shots of Diana Ross but it's still quite refreshing even for Mert and Marcus.

Gorgeous, love the causal styling for the cover, love her face and the accompanying photos are stunning. It has a a Vogue Paris kind of feel somehow, imo.

Still couldn't get past episode number 2 of Empire though, its hype alludes me entirely! Same for Scandal.etc though, just not my kind of TV. But how amazing to see someone as talented as her get her moment in the sun. After Benjamin, i feared she might fade away.

I'm not a fan of hers but I must say that she slayed this and I wouldn't have it any other way! Sexy and gorgeous! I love the laid back styling and I love the fact that she still looks super sexy and powerful albeit that styling. I am living for this cover. And that editorial is perfection.

Kudos to W for being so consistent! Although, her tagline is a bit too lazy for me. "One tough Cookie"... really? Also, I agree with you Miss Dalloway. This cover, despite it's beauty, has a lot of Vogue Paris feel to it. I can't help but see their masthead on this and I just see them doing this for their October to December covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so.damn.good.

Taraji has been working in Hollywood since the 90s so it is great to see her get her moment.

Love the womanly sensuality that has been missing in fashion since Rotifeld left. Not that Carine invented it, but she definitely propelled it and there's been a lack of it in the industry since her outing at Vogue Paris.

And of course the credit all goes to Taraji for entirely pulling it off and looking smoldering :wub: Inspiring spread W!

Not a huge fan of M&M imagery but I can appreciate when they go work like this. Without watching the show like everyone else, I know Taraji has worked hard to get to where she is now. I hope there's some good editors inside in this issue.

This looks beautiful! I'm not familiar with Taraji but she's killing it here!

Perfectly said HeatherAnne :flower:

Once again a fantastic cover-star choice from W. I'm so happy to see Taraji not only because her performance as Cookie is my favourite of the year but also because she's been underrated for so many years.

I love the simple styling and art direction. Mert and Marcus let her look like herself , like a real woman. Naturally strong, confident and sexy.

Now THIS is an issue I'll be buying. She looks sensational! I hope they don't mess up the other eds...

it looks great but the lack of original ideas is as always present...

Quite impressed, the cover is perfection. She looks so much better with normal hair. The edit looks like one of those 90's R&B music videos, very smouldering.

She looks great, really paid tribute to Diana Ross. But, as the same case of Vogue Paris, i'm tired than M&M shot every cover of W.

It's kinda old school and almost too simple but I like it. Taraji looks really great.

Oh my Cookie, LOVE this woman. She is giving me some Janet Jackson to...

Quite impressed, the cover is perfection. She looks so much better with normal hair. The edit looks like one of those 90's R&B music videos, very smouldering.

I love it too, it´s fresh and cool and she looks sexy and demure. I love the photography style too.

Come through, Taraji! So glad they got this right, after her underwhelming Allure cover and spread.

I love the simplicity of it, especially in contrast to the over the top character she plays on tv. Can't wait to buy :woot:

This is so.damn.good.

Taraji has been working in Hollywood since the 90s so it is great to see her get her moment.

^Agreed, She looks amazing and is very deserving.
Feeling the Diana Ross/Janet Jackson influences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->