• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What is the "disco sl*t" look?

Hah, now that scene must take 30 years before it appreciates. At least. :D

And for us men, some examples of this trend...
wtt945.jpg

2c0gnm.jpg

Source: Halston thread at TFS / Gettyimages
2i27y4k.jpg

Source: Vanity Fair

yep, sure is.. and i hate it to the maxxxxx:doh:

But- if you're heading down to 2001 Odyssey to do the Night Fever, it's perfect!! (That was an actual club in Brooklyn btw, right under the Varesano Bridge in Bay Ridge...I know you were wondering... ) :blush:

I love this trend so much because its not gender biased and doesnt matter if your gay or straight , or whatver , anyone can rock this look . I read some where for spring 2009 mens , 70s style clothing for men will be back (obviously in more update shapes and better fabrics ) .

^^ Awesome news!! I shall immediately start working toward restoring my old 29" waist!! :huh:

Ha. What a funny thread. When I first read it I immediately thought of Roller Girl in the movie Boogie Nights. I'm thinking it's probably along the same lines as what American Apparel seems to associate itself with, that whole 70s p*rn look but maybe more glamourous.

yeah this whole thread makes me think of boogie nights

Well for men, I think there are more options now other than turtle necks and blazers over them. I'm thinking more trashy 70's p*rnstar in sort of bohemian way as the newer updated disco sl*t for men.

Well for men, I think there are more options now other than turtle necks and blazers over them. I'm thinking more trashy 70's p*rnstar in sort of bohemian way as the newer updated disco sl*t for men.

But thats the point , the look for men is the anti thesis of the boho look , thats why the look gained fervor . In any case they are way more options for the women who want to rock this look as compared to its male american gigolo counterpart

I agree Halston, American Gigolo, and some of the 54 male characters represent this style. White jackets, tuxedos, black turtlenecks, black pants, black shirts, black jackets, dark mono colored shirts make up the male disco look. I agree women have more options with this look, and can play more with color...for us men I guess it's mainly mixing black and white, or going monochromatic with black or white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->