Who Will Sweep Up the Fall/Winter 2018 Shows?

Yes and less shows in general... Paris has less shows this season as well... I guess we'll never see again models walking 70+ shows a season, this time's over.

Yes! The I think the last ones to go over 60 was Waleska, Maartje, Alexandra Elizabeth and Julia B in 2015. During NYFW they already had around 20 shows each. Now the top girls barely have 5 so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember when they had Donna Karan (and DKNY), Tommy Hilfiger and Altuzarra. Who else is gone?

I have in mind Zac Posen, Diane von Furstenberg, Rag & Bone, Rodarte that are not doing runway this season.. Paris won't have Céline, Mugler, Barbara Bui, Alexis Mabille, Ungaro... Also, what happened to BCBG MaxAzria?! I have been wondering this for years. It was the ultimate "kickoff of the Fashion Month" and the biggest casting. And the walkers would have usually appeared to be the top walkers of the season...

I have in mind Zac Posen, Diane von Furstenberg, Rag & Bone, Rodarte that are not doing runway this season.. Paris won't have Céline, Mugler, Barbara Bui, Alexis Mabille, Ungaro... Also, what happened to BCBG MaxAzria?! I have been wondering this for years. It was the ultimate "kickoff of the Fashion Month" and the biggest casting. And the walkers would have usually appeared to be the top walkers of the season...

BCBG did a presentation.

They havent been doing well financially lately and had to close a lot of stores.

i think it's too early to cast judgement yet for example ..on our team we have Zwaan Bijl ,Faretta ,Alex Micu & Matea Brakus all not in NYC who are gonna do most of the work in London, Milano & Paris ...the days of models walking 60 shows in fashion month are over...the global dynamics of fashion has sifted significantly & the self life of models is getting shorter & shorter ..New faces cost less that plays a huge factor economically from a brand perspective..it's about quality not quantity ..20 big shows a season is success nowadays.. that's just the reality of the fashion game today ..just my perspective that's all ...

Also, what happened to BCBG MaxAzria?! I have been wondering this for years. It was the ultimate "kickoff of the Fashion Month" and the biggest casting. And the walkers would have usually appeared to be the top walkers of the season...

They vanished into thin air, just like Russell Marsh who made all those models a star.

^ Hah, I completely forgot about Russell Marsh.

All these brands that left NYFW shouldn't have left -- Altuzarra, Rodarte, Proenza Schouler.

It also doesn't help that all the big shows in NY are on the same day with a lot of overlap. Like today, we have The Row, Ralph Lauren, Derek Lam, 3.1 Phillip Lim, OdlR, Anna Sui, Carolina Herrera, while we only had Tom Ford, Jeremy Scott, Tory Burch in the first 3 days or so?

^ Hah, I completely forgot about Russell Marsh.

All these brands that left NYFW shouldn't have left -- Altuzarra, Rodarte, Proenza Schouler.

It also doesn't help that all the big shows in NY are on the same day with a lot of overlap. Like today, we have The Row, Ralph Lauren, Derek Lam, 3.1 Phillip Lim, OdlR, Anna Sui, Carolina Herrera, while we only had Tom Ford, Jeremy Scott, Tory Burch in the first 3 days or so?

Also Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Bottega Veneta and Prabal Gurung

You work hard every season! Its ok! Weve been doing this for years. Lol

Remember when they had Donna Karan (and DKNY), Tommy Hilfiger and Altuzarra. Who else is gone?

Haha, thanks for the encouragement!

i think it's too early to cast judgement yet for example ..on our team we have Zwaan Bijl ,Faretta ,Alex Micu & Matea Brakus all not in NYC who are gonna do most of the work in London, Milano & Paris ...the days of models walking 60 shows in fashion month are over...the global dynamics of fashion has sifted significantly & the self life of models is getting shorter & shorter ..New faces cost less that plays a huge factor economically from a brand perspective..it's about quality not quantity ..20 big shows a season is success nowadays.. that's just the reality of the fashion game today ..just my perspective that's all ...

But even if you walk 20 big shows a season you won't get the hype from those who have lots of Instagram followers and a famous family. I mean, will the mainstream fashion media celebrate you?

I really almost considering to give up on fashion industry. Too much of them become trendsetters while you don't know if other models do the same (ask Vogue's Twitter lol) and having them celebrate a model's success is a rarity in itself.

The hollowing out of New York fashion week really makes it tough for girls to break through in the way they used to.

Naomi Chin Wing walking all those prime-time shows wow...we missed out on her smh ...

Really hope Nina Marker does better in Milan and Paris

Naomi Chin Wing walking all those prime-time shows wow...we missed out on her smh ...

I didn't, I bet on her on the first page of this thread. It was just an assumption but I'm glad to see she's doing well. She was at all the top shows... hope it goes the same in Europe.

I didn't, I bet on her on the first page of this thread. It was just an assumption but I'm glad to see she's doing well. She was at all the top shows... hope it goes the same in Europe.

congrats great call lol... i meant a chance to sign her up:flower: ...but img beat us to the punch :rolleyes:..she has great potential she looks like she belongs ..the way she carries herself is impressive...

Cara Taylor is leading with Mona Matsouka in second.

Im really happy for Mona even though she doesnt really do the big shows.

Sija Titko has been walking a lot of shows in NYC all of a sudden, albeit mostly minor ones. Still wouldn't have expected to see her doing so well(ish) after all the years she's been around for.

Cara Taylor is leading with Mona Matsouka in second.

Im really happy for Mona even though she doesnt really do the big shows.

Yup, she does lead NYFW. On the runners-up front, Mona has the most Open/Closes but McKenna has the most Top Shows. Shanelle is between them.

I feel like I'm going to post the full NYFW rankings with LFW once the latter ends. I had a lack of motivation right there so that's why things don't update in real time in my front.

Yup, she does lead NYFW. On the runners-up front, Mona has the most Open/Closes but McKenna has the most Top Shows. Shanelle is between them.

I feel like I'm going to post the full NYFW rankings with LFW once the latter ends. I had a lack of motivation right there so that's why things don't update in real time in my front.

I completely I get it. Cara is leading with 14 shows which is a bit.... discouraging I guess.

As promised, the rankings for NY and London, based on the current count (in which I reached Jasper Conran atm and already put S/S showllsts including Ralph Lauren and Burberry), plus the current totals and Top Shows. I need to find motivation in this since certain models and a certain thought of mine have been a fatal combo lately.

New York FW Top 10 (Provisional)
1. Cara Taylor - 14 shows
2. Mona Matsuoka - 13 shows (O: 3)
3. Shanelle Nyasiase - 13 shows (C: 2)
4. McKenna Hellam - 13 shows (O: 1)
5. Sija Titko - 12 shows (C: 1)
6. Siqi Chen - 12 shows
7. Brynn Bonner - 11 shows (O: 1)
=. Jessie Bloemendaal - 11 shows (C: 1)
9. Birgit Kos, Hyunji Shin, Nandy Nicodème, Sarah Berger, Yue Han - 11 shows

London FW Top 10 (Provisional)
1. Heejung Park, Leah Rödl - 9 shows
3. Aaliyah Hydes - 8 shows (O: 1)
=. Karo Laczkowska - 8 shows (C: 1)
5. Alyssa Traoré, Hyunji Shin - 8 shows
7. Hannah Motler - 7 shows (O: 1/C: 1)
8. Alina Bolotina - 7 shows (O: 1)
=. Sarah Dahl - 7 shows (C: 1)
10. Liza Ostanina, Shanelle Nyasiase - 7 shows

Fall/Winter 2018 Top 10 (Provisional)
1. Shanelle Nyasiase - 20 shows (C: 2)
2. Mona Matsuoka - 19 shows (O: 3)
3. Hyunji Shin - 19 shows
4. Hannah Motler - 17 shows (O: 1/C: 1)
5. Cara Taylor - 17 shows
=. Sarah Berger - 17 shows
7. Naomi Chin Wing - 16 shows (C: 1)
8. Alyssa Traoré, Manuela Sanchez, Daniela Kocianova - 16 shows

Fall/Winter 2018 Top Shows Top 10 (Provisional, list based on MDC)
1. Hannah Motler - 14 shows (O: 1)
2. Cara Taylor - 13 shows
3. Naomi Chin Wing - 12 shows (C: 1)
4. Alyssa Traoré - 12 shows
5. Sarah Dahl - 11 shows (O: 1/C: 1)
6. Yoon Young Bae - 11 shows
7. Fran Summers - 10 shows
8. Chu Wong, Léa Julian, Sara Grace Wallerstedt - 9 shows

Will things even change as Milan goes by? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"