Who Will Sweep Up At The F/W 09.10 Shows?

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
On the 12th of February, it's time for a new season of fashion shows in New York already, so we should start asking ourselfs this age-old question again. Who will sweep up at the F/W 09.10 shows? Who will fade, who might make a come-back? What can we expect as a general trend, or maybe there won't be any changes at all in the overall castings?

Who is on your watchlist? Discuss!

I think Viktoriya Sasonkina is going to be HUGE. She had a great season last season, but then I don't know what happened in Paris. She did the two Galliano shows and one other really small show (can't think of the name), but I find it hard to believe that it was because she couldn't book anything else.

But anyway, this season, with another Vogue cover and a handful of campaigns ,she should be looking for a great season.

And of course I [always] hope Snejana comes back to do a lot of shows, but that seems unlikely. Especially if she's really in school.

I think Toni is the new Daria/Gemma, if she shows up in a show you know the castings there are A-list

I think Natasha should take a "season off" she should only do 2 or 3 major shows, I doubt she will though...

Mariana Idzkowska. I hope she'll have her big moment after Lanvin! She's already preparing for the fashion week :wub:

Toni, Katrin, Ymre, Anna Maria J, Anna S, Nimue, Anya K, Sigrid

As for new faces.. Rose Cordero...

I really hope though Mina Cvetkovic can make a breakthrough this season after doing the Alberta Ferretti ads

If Caroline Trentini doesn't do a lot of big shows I will actually cry.

Iam rooting for Daniela Cosio, Roza Gough and new love Rose Cordero:heart:

^I agree about Rose...I really hope to see her everywhere. And a breakthrough for Mina would be nice as well...such an interesting face.

I think it's almost a given that Nimue and Ymre will skyrocket even further. That is, if they will do a full show season. Other Prada faces should do fine as well, like Elena Lemkova, Yulia Chumak or Marloes Horst. And I am really ready for Emma Maclaren to get even bigger. Same goes for Alla Kostromicheva, Yulia Leontieva and Kendra Spears.

Oh and I think the time is finally right for Guisela Rhein!

And Elite's new girl Michelle Carvalho...bring it on :heart:

Mariana Idzkowska. I hope she'll have her big moment after Lanvin! She's already preparing for the fashion week :wub:

I have high hopes for her too, along with Yulia Leontieva.

Toni and Karlie will be everywhere...along with Anna J

Sigrid and Nimue will follow suit, i'm not sure where that will leave Yulia Kharlaponova...she hasn't really been making her mark in terms of printwork.

I can see Taryn and Ali S fading, unfortunately.

Rose Cordero has an exclusive written all over her but i think she'll have an OK season in NYC and end up doing really well in Paris. Also rooting for Kendra Spears, she's simply too precious.

I'm looking forward to Ana Claudia Michels showing up in all the major cities and i'm secretly hoping that Frankie Ryder comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I agree about Rose...I really hope to see her everywhere. And a breakthrough for Mina would be nice as well...such an interesting face.

I think it's almost a given that Nimue and Ymre will skyrocket even further. That is, if they will do a full show season. Other Prada faces should do fine as well, like Elena Lemkova, Yulia Chumak or Marloes Horst. And I am really ready for Emma Maclaren to get even bigger. Same goes for Alla Kostromicheva, Yulia Leontieva and Kendra Spears.

Oh and I think the time is finally right for Guisela Rhein!

And Elite's new girl Michelle Carvalho...bring it on :heart:

She's a bit too commercial, no?.

I'm guessing Sigrid, Karlie, Toni, Anna Selezneva, and Jourdan will be big hits this season. I guess I'm just being hopeful ^_^
I hope Coco, Bruna, Ali M and Daul walk more shows both in NY and internationally this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really hoping for Daniela Cosio. You just never know where this girl will pop up. She has it all. She's gawjus.

Anna J(!!!!), Toni, Sigrid, Nimue, Karlie, Katrin, ...
Steven Meisel's new favorite girls will sweep up at the shows.:(:doh:

I think Toni is the new Daria/Gemma, if she shows up in a show you know the castings there are A-list
Oh GOD no. It's a sad day when the dullest girl in the industry has to be compared to such modeling greats. I mean, Toni is gorgeous, and I was totally rooting for her when she first dropped on the scene...but she's never really proved herself...yes she's done TONS of work, but none of it is particularly memorable...she's so boring.

Well, as far as the FW 09 top catwalkers, I can totally guarantee they'll be a yawn fest.

Sorry to be so cynical, but none of the new girls really inspire me at all. I mean, I guess I'd love it if Ali S., Lakshmi, Edita and Yulia K were the top walkers as far as newer girls are concerned...I also really hope Catherine McNeil makes a big comeback after her break from Paris (and Milan?) last season.

I always dream, though, that a season's top walkers would be Marina Perez, Romina Lanaro, Hilary Rhoda, Ana Mihajlovik, Mariya Markina, Coco Rocha, Marta Berzkalna., Eugenia Volodina, Elise Crombez, Lindsay Ellingson and the like. What? A boy can dream, can't he?:blush:

Toni can be dull yes.. but she is beautiful and it translates amazingly on the runway. OK she is not Daria, but I'm just saying that last season she really sweeped the shows, she is IT right now.

Toni & the rest of the Prada girls are going to make a killing, whether we like it or not.. I for one find Ymre kind of dull, but I will not be surprised if she books everything in site. And I find Anna Maria J. repetitive, but she will be everywhere.

I'm hoping for new faces to break up the monotony but they are always such surprises.. I guess its more fun that way =)

But yes I am rooting for Rose Cordero and some other new faces to make a splash

I always dream, though, that a season's top walkers would be Marina Perez, Romina Lanaro, Hilary Rhoda, Ana Mihajlovik, Mariya Markina, Coco Rocha, Marta Berzkalna., Eugenia Volodina, Elise Crombez, Lindsay Ellingson and the like. What? A boy can dream, can't he?:blush:

Hilary, Romina, MARINA!, Mariya, Marta B... :heart::heart:

I will dream with you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->