The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I was thinking the same thing :wink: My understanding is that it's an artisanal brand like Bottega Veneta ... you can expect that very happy people made your sweater. The sweaters have some great details sometimes ...

Just stopped by to mention that I haven't bought anything since the black flats I posted some months back.

My foster dog has been chewing up my tights and it took a little while for me to catch on to the damage :angry: ... with that & other attrition I am down to about 9 pairs of black tights. Spring should be here any minute ...

The other thing I'm noticing is that my black short sleeve sweaters/tops are wearing out ... I'm going to need a new one of those soon.

Otherwise, it may not be exciting not to have anything new, but the wardrobe is holding up well.

I have lost some of my makeup brushes to cats, too :lol:

But if they are now down to 9, how many did you have before? I have a lot of them but only 2 of them I would consider an actual part of my wardrobe, they others are ugly or damaged ones I wear underneath the good quality black ones in winter :innocent:. I should definately buy more black tights because I consider them a huge staple in my (to-be) wardrobe.

And then I got a BurdaStyle off ebay that includes the patterns below. My style is very 50s & 60s inspired and these patterns are very classic so I can get much use out of them. I just have to decide on colors and fabrics and if I will try to sew them myself or get them made...

8780413a-e3b9-6d9a-6105-b8e7686d5bd0_324x324.jpg
17130134-805f-1bb1-f757-098c51c3dca4_324x324.jpg

d0c6e28b-8a4e-8274-5361-bfe7c8a7b640_324x324.jpg
8d8fd39c-0e2f-b48a-acdd-031407a25b4a_324x324.jpg

6d074134-1849-e780-62be-aa9cc195ab6e_324x324.jpg
dac2b2f6-f3b7-adde-4aa8-4281f5320d9b_324x324.jpg

burdastyle

(I would make the jacket without a bow)

^ I like these designs!

I probably had about twice that many tights to begin with ... I usually replenish each season, but haven't bought any this year. I like to have lots of them so I don't have to launder them very often ... I wear them pretty much whenever I leave the house in the wintertime.

Not sure if you can get DKNY where you are. I love their patterns, but also the 3-pack of basic black.

mermaidsandcats, those designs are great! I especially like the grey dress and pencil skirt.

Hi guys! I'm baaaaaack. :lol:

We are heading into Autumn now (despite the weather still hanging around the 40 degree celcius mark) so I am starting to think forward as to where I want to go with my wardrobe this season. I have quite a firm idea about what my personal style is now, so I will be sticking to that and finding pieces that I know will work with me, with my wardrobe and choosing items that will stand the test of time.

Here is a general idea of what I am thinking for Autumn/Winter 2010 -

Tops
** sheer black / print / floral blouses (will look to buy 2 new blouses this season)
* black cashmere v-neck sweater
** black cashmere cardigan (x2)
* black studded silk tank
black silk/jersey tee
elizabeth and james black satin blouse

Bottoms
** black pencil skirts (will need to purchase 2 new skirts for work)
black cigarette style pants
** dark denim jeans (will need 1-2 new pairs)

Dresses
* asos dark purple/floral print dress [ordered]
basque dark green/black peacock print dress
black/grey polka dot print babydoll dress
ann taylor black dress w. rosette shoulders

Outerwear
* black long length blazer
* black leather jacket
black tie-waist trench

Accessories
* cashmere tube scarf
house of harlow peacock ring
* oversized ray ban wayfarers
* oversized black leather handbag
3.1 phillip lim black patent clutch
vintage peacock clutch
* oversized black leather clutch
mimco black embellished hair piece
diamond stud earrings
tiffany & co initial necklace
* black pearl earrings

Shoes
* lanvin black leather ballet flats
country road black leather ballet flats
black patent ankle boots
wittner flat black leather boots
wittner black patent pointed flats
chanel burgundy round toe heels

All of the items I need to find/purchase are *'d. I will also need to stock up on black opaque tights, and some layering pieces (plain black tanks, and longsleeve tees usually from Witchery)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ what a clear-sighted list. I'm working on getting to that point myself.

I notice you have a lot of black items on that list. Black is so versatile, so I find myself filling in holes in my wardrobe with black. I recently got a black mini-skirt because I hope it to fulfill a broad category of need: the going-out basic. I just received in the mail today (eBay auction) and I love it! Just the perfect fit.

I lucked out since I got it on eBay, but it helps to know what brands work well with my style and figure, especially in this whole minimal wardrobe endeavor. It helps me to focus my search. For me, Twinkle by Wenlan works out well because she has the cute, quirky, well-made aesthetic I go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->