America's Next Top Models Cycle 16-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting for Cycle 19, the "College Edition" (because Tyra can't miss a chance to mention her nine-week stint at Harvard Business School), is already underway. Over on Facebook, the former supermodel is begging you to help her narrow down the 30 finalists to 13 girls that'll get a spot in the ANTM "Sorority House." (Typing "Sorority House" almost made me throw up in my mouth.) I'm kind of glad that Tyra's finally on to her own utter lack of judgement.

Each one of the thirty finalists is pursuing some sort of post-secondary education: hopefuls were plucked from 4-year colleges, community colleges, divinity school, law school, beauty school. This ensures that the show will consist entirely of women who are too old to have a shot at a modeling career. Genius.

To bring these serious-minded college girls down a few notches, Tyra Banks styled them in tiny bikini bottoms, tacky cropped tops, and clunky, cheap-looking stilettos. All the models look cold and uncomfortable. This could be a promotional FHM "Sexy Coeds" calendar — right down to the accompanying blurbs, which list the women's colleges and majors, their favorite movies and their favorite foods (the favorite foods thing is such a Tyra touch).

If you're so inclined, you can vote for your favorite over on ANTM's Facebook page.
thefashionspot.com/buzz-news#174011-tyra-wants-you-to-vote-for-antms-cycle-19-contestants

Photos of the finalists can be found here.

I really like Jessie, Laura, Tori and Jasmine :smile: Kristin is my fav so far though. They have a really good batch this year. Kudos to tyra and co.!

there are some promising girls in the batch but also there are some that make you wonder what they are doing there hopefully the votic public wont choose the drama population. Wise move for her though coz schools are gonna want to vote against each other imagine the student population, hometown of the school and also former students thus more ratings

Elina Ivanova at the Zac Posen show in Singapore.

Facebook/OneSixtyNotepad

Awesome. Good for Elina.

Most of the girls for the "college" cycle look terrible. Leila is the only one with HF potential. I also kind of like Kristin. That's it.

Leila is the only stand out... she really looks like a model...

Amber, Laura, & Andie also looked like they may have potential...

doubt I'll be watching though... Tyra lost me a couple of seasons ago...

i miss cycle 15, its odd how quickly they gave up the 'high fashion' theme

Same here... I also wish Brittani hadn't given up on modeling...

the new shoot is up 1st photoshoot for the season. the pics r odd but i see a couple of potential models

rtvgames

NJBAj.jpg

***no clickable links to other forums allowed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy hell... what a HORRIBLE shoot idea... dreadful... drekitude even... ugh

I really liked the Cover Girl shots for the first time in 18 cycles. Especially Sophie looked so cute and fresh and that pink hair..! :wub:

NEW GIG: WWD has learned Bryan Grey Yambao — aka Bryanboy — will join the cast of the CBS reality television show “America’s Next Top Model” for the 19th season, which is about to commence filming in Los Angeles. Following weeks of speculation that the Filipino blogging star may be a replacement for one of host Tyra Banks’ three recently dumped longtime co-stars J. Alexander, Jay Manuel and Nigel Barker, sources close to Grey Yambao confirmed he has signed a contract and at press time was en route to L.A. with a one-way air ticket. Grey Yambao will join new cast members model Rob Evans and celebrity stylist Johnny Wujek, who have already been announced as permanent third judge and creative consultant, respectively, and publicist Kelly Cutrone, who is rejoining the show as a judge for a second season. Although neither CBS nor Grey Yambao are yet to confirm his involvement, Grey Yambao has been Tweeting mini updates on the progress of his mystery plans to decamp to L.A., including a photograph published on Thursday of his new apartment.
wwd.com

i'm sorry, but bryanboy lacks any sense of creativity or knowledge of the business. as far as i'm concerned, he's just some crazy fashion fan who likes to name-drop designers, editors, blah blah blah. i see him offering NO insight.

rob seems legit, but i think a wiser choice would have been to use a working female top model that knows the business (someone like coco rocha, who was an awesome guest judge, someone who legitimatelly cares about the business and is smart and knowledgeable and can really mentor the girls). i have no idea who johnny wujek is.

so sad, especially just when the show starts to show any sense of credibility (i mean, the vogue italia spreads and the recognition by andre leon talley were the icing on the cake!).

^i totally agree. it would be better to hire people who really know what they're talking about. like the ones in scouted. i can only imagine if julia samersova were in the panel. heavens. one model, one scout, one casting director, and a guest judge every week would suffice. with all due respect to bryanboy though, he is an interesting character and his flamboyance is something to look forward to. still, he is more into the clothes rather than the hangers. we'll see.

there was a marathon on this current season's top model, so i've finally been able to catch up. i hate to say this, but overall i enjoyed this season. granted, some of tyra's ideas were utter ridiculousness as always (like the intoxibella nicknames and the whole booty tooch schtick), it's been surprisingly enjoyable.

the final 4 british girls (catherine, alisha, annaliese, sophie) definitely won me over with their music video. it was cheesy, but the four of them worked so well together and they all looked so good. with the exception of azmarie, i thought they did better than the american girls in photo shoots and i was rooting for the final 4 british girls all the way.

sophie has definitely been my favorite, mainly due to her strong commitment, generally positive and fun attitude, and the fact that she can model quite well. laura is ok, however she kinda reminds me of crazy lisa and crazy jael (from season 8). i would be really disappointed and i would feel cheated if sophie didn't win (because i invested one saturday afternoon watching the damn marathon :lol:)

there was a marathon on this current season's top model, so i've finally been able to catch up. i hate to say this, but overall i enjoyed this season. granted, some of tyra's ideas were utter ridiculousness as always (like the intoxibella nicknames and the whole booty tooch schtick), it's been surprisingly enjoyable.

the final 4 british girls (catherine, alisha, annaliese, sophie) definitely won me over with their music video. it was cheesy, but the four of them worked so well together and they all looked so good. with the exception of azmarie, i thought they did better than the american girls in photo shoots and i was rooting for the final 4 british girls all the way.

sophie has definitely been my favorite, mainly due to her strong commitment, generally positive and fun attitude, and the fact that she can model quite well. laura is ok, however she kinda reminds me of crazy lisa and crazy jael (from season 8). i would be really disappointed and i would feel cheated if sophie didn't win (because i invested one saturday afternoon watching the damn marathon :lol:)

I agree. This season has been more entertaining than the All Stars cycle which is surprising because I didn't expect much from this one at all. I'm rooting for Sophie as well. If Laura won she will be the worst winner in the history of the show. I just hate her cocky attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->