Balenciaga S/S 2012: Juliane, Kirstin, Laura & Rosie by Steven Meisel

I'm gonna say it...... WORST Balenciaga Campaign EVER!!!!

This is such a shame. One of my favorite collections of S/S '12 and I get a cheap mugshot and what looks like a diaper-wearing patient.

I hate the latest shot. I like the first ones with Laura even better.
The girl is not doing anything for me, nothing in the face that speaks to me, it doesn't even look like modeling. The concept isn't also working for me. Studioshots are fine, if the models can work it, but both models still haven't convinced me. Too young, to unexperienced.

It's a campaign where i feel like i could have done that also (just as bad as the models) and that's not a good sign.

On the other hand its easier to concentrate on the clothes.

no not a good balenciaga campaign, still more images to go. maybe others are better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that i really like the new shot.
It made me understand the concept and now i actualy like the first shot too...
I think its getting much better, and im in love with the styling

I'm gonna say it...... WORST Balenciaga Campaign EVER!!!!

Oh you said it.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....it just bloody did.
These look like pics of unkempt students dressing up in Balenciaga clothes....and if that's the vibe they were going for here, then they have achieved it......so good for them, but I'm not impressed at all.

I keep reading 'concept', but WHAT is the concept? I see nothing. Explain to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is so awful. How could anyone want to buy Balenciaga after seeing these ads? They're very unattractive.

Im on the fence about the new shot, I definitely dont love it, but i dont detest it either, dont like the hair and the lifeless model, but I like the outfit and the concept kinda but I have to see the full campaign before I know I think.

^ Oh yeah, she really does look like a guy. damn this is one awful campaign!

I LOVE it.
It makes the clothes make sense to me.
It is so right , and so brave ,
To take it down and not up. It makes everything else look old.

So that's 15yr old Rosie Tapner in the new shot. how unflattering.

Well, the last one is better than the first one... :colgate:

The first shot worked for me BUT somehow, the second shot disappointed me even though they`re off the same concept. This is so far my favorite Balenciaga collection and somehow the ad disappointed me. First look can really be deceiving. Here`s to looking for more shots.

I'm actually disappointed with the way the campaign turned out. Balenciaga shouldn't feel like a hipster shtick when it's edgy as in more forward with design.

If you wanted a grunge appeal at least get Sims back. Meisel doesn't really fit the mold for the house anyways.

^ Absolutely agree with everything you said.

This is an absolute disaster. There's no way in hell this campaign is going to result in good sales for Balenciaga.

This feels very out of touch with the very street / youth aesthetic that Ghesquiere is trying to communicate through the collection.

However what strikes me most is, this is not so much the failure of one person, but an entire team of people. Everything is appalling; the set design, the hair, the styling, the make-up, the photographer. Not one element is aesthetically appealing or interesting.

Besides Steven Meisel, as much as I love his work, has never and will never 'get' the Balenciaga aesthetic. The only collaboration that has worked is the perfume. The ready-to-wear campaigns have all been quite mediocre (except last season which finally felt like something very Balenciaga).

Ok, i have to say that this is my favourite ad this season until now. Its so fresh and so experimental, I actualy think this should be in a museum and not in a simple ad. Its not really easy to understand, but when you do, you fall in love. Cause she is not a human, shes part of the room...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->