Carine Roitfeld leaves Vogue Paris *Update* Emmanuelle Alt named new Editor-in-Chief

^ thank you tarsha :flower:, so i guess we gain one more month, i hope she will give us amazing content in these last 2 months, a worthy farewell issue.

well, you either die a hero, or live long enough to be a villain (aka Anna Wintour) lol

I thought it was weird how VP had a 90 yr. anniversary special instead of a 100 year, so now that she is resigning, it all makes a bit more sense. and yes, I think this year was repetitive in terms of models, but I can't comment on the article content as I don't read VP.

I think it's nice of her to bow out respectively, even though I will miss her certain sexy touch that she brought to the magazine. I hope the Tom Ford rumors are true actually.

as for who's next for the EIC position at VP, I PRAY it's not Alt, because I'm not sure how much I could stand seeing Balmain blazers and leather pants by Marant every single issue.

Best fashion-related news I've heard in AGES. :heart::heart:
Seriously, this woman just had to go, she was as bad as Wintour, not just in paper but also in the way she kept manipulating designers and strangling others. Let's just now get rid of Wintour and Della Russo and welcome some fresh new air into these magazines.

As possible candidates...

Slimane sounds awesome... but i think perhaps it only 'sounds' better than it could ever be. If carine vision was focused, Hedi's sure is even narrower.

Emmanuelle Alt, is the woman version of slimane. Both have great style, but they also have one style. If people were tired of the magazine always looking the same, it not only because of carine, that's for sure.

dello Russo: please no way! she's fun and all, but she can barely articulate 2 sentences together... plus, it is editing we are talking about, and the woman seems to have no criteria to tell apart the great from the plain kitschy and gaudy

Battaglia: too young. give her one more decade and she could take the position.

Grace Coddington: i dont see it happening, and i dont want too. Yes, she is creative and all, but she is not 'vogue paris'. And of course she isn't a manager.

What about Olivier Lalanne? I don't see anyone talking about him, and he's been editor in chief of Vogue Hommes Int for some time now, so he has the corporate side!
a man at Paris Vogue would be fun!

Carine was a tad younger when she took the position so you could give her the chance to learn how to manage a team, deal with budgets, adverts, et al.
The magazine is much bigger now in circulation so you just can't take someone with absolutely no background besides styling. It's way too risky for one of conde nast's biggest brands, to put someone who can only put together nice and fresh looks.
With the recession and the publishing business at risk, the Ws and marie claires of the world are waiting for something to go wrong at vogue to happen so they can take the spotlight.
There's too much money on the table to choose the streetbloggers favorite!

I am really glad she's gone, I can start buying Vogue Paris again after a very long time. I didn't like the direction she had chosen to take the magazine, a repetition of cheap "in your face" selling tricks over and over again and barely anything else.

my firend told me they recieve a offical PR statement this morning and when I turn on the computer that is the first thing I saw, It's kinda big news . Because I never thought about that. And really want to know the next EIC, hoping is not Emmanuelle Alt, I dont want to see Vogue Balmain or Vogue Gucci...I want Vogue Paris.

and rumors from my frd told me Carine is going to work with Mr. Tom Ford , but I dont have any details.

Carine & Ford team would be so amazing, I wouldn't care for Vogue Paris anymore ^_^

Carine & Ford team would be so amazing, I wouldn't care for Vogue Paris anymore ^_^

Yes, There's a great chances they will work togather...because she heard it from someone who know Carine...so We'll see :innocent:

I wish her all the best in moving forward into a new venture. It's been a while since Vogue Paris was a innovative magazine, so for me, it's time to appreciate what Carine achieved, and then I'll look forward to the next chapter in the magazine's history.

Yes, There's a great chances they will work togather...because she heard it from someone who know Carine...so We'll see :innocent:
Did she ever stop working with Ford? her 'consulting' seemed more than present even during his hiatus/perfume time.. not to mention the amount of years she worked with him at Gucci. And of course, Ford's recent guest-appearance at VP. They might make it official just to grab a headline or two but it just seems redundant imo, everyone knows they work together.. and I can't help but wonder how well they will do now that he is not backed up by a major house (like he did in 1995) and she doesn't head the biggest outlet of exposure for the type of work he does (VP). Only time will tell, I guess... they might as well revamp Purple or.. start their own magazine. :innocent:

I also think it'd be awful to see Alt as VP's EIC.. at least Carine could see past her nose.. Emmanuelle absorbed everything that was wrong in Carine's work and magnified it.

Really sorry. I really like VP under her direction.:(

I cannot believe the one that should have been gone for decades is still standing.:innocent:

Vogue Paris was really needing some changes... i love Carine and i hope we'll still see a lot of her work in the future. i confess i'm kinda excited to see what will happen, even though i didn't really want her to leave, i just wanted the team to change a bit... like Emmanuelle Alt - i don't think she'll be the new EIC... i can't imagine the magazine having any future in her hands.

fyi she's a worldwide twitter trending topic right now

it's a little bit..dumb, but I was walking in the street and I thought Daphne Guinness as EIC of Vogue Paris, is just a dream, but I'd love to see her in that position. :innocent:

it's a little bit..dumb, but I was walking in the street and I thought Daphne Guinness as EIC of Vogue Paris, is just a dream, but I'd love to see her in that position. :innocent:

That sounds more like a nightmare to me.:shock: Do we really need more poseurs?

That sounds more like a nightmare to me.:shock: Do we really need more poseurs?

And you'd still need to hire someone to actually do the hard work. The unglamorous, thankless parts that put new furrows into your forehead with the stress involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->