Carine Roitfeld leaves Vogue Paris *Update* Emmanuelle Alt named new Editor-in-Chief

@ Pedro

Nicolas Wisniak is an interesting idea !
very interesting.
She would be a very good EIC for Vogue Paris !

Baron and Templer cannot leave ITW again, non ?
Can they ?

Marie-Amélie Sauvé should be considered for the position,is there a rule that only people who work at the magazine should be named eic, no,.. she worked with VP many years, and her styling is genius, just look at some issues from 2003-2006.
I know she's now a freelance stylist for different magazines(Interview, Another....) and styling major houses, i don't know maybe that's more profitable :huh:
i just don't want VP to suffer like VR.:innocent:

^ I have to agree with you! I don't care on who would be up there next,all I care for is if they can deliver and live up to the expectations and the NAME, the legacy.

I also don't think that this is sabotage like what happened to Aliona. Because unlike that, the successor wasn't annnounced hours after Carine's resignation. Viktoriya was announced sooner than expected

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to see who will replace her...it has to be someone who speaks French at least. I think Emmanuelle Alt, Marie Amelie Sauve and Virginie Mouzat are all good contenders. Carine has shown you can be a stylist and great editor-in-chief at the same time.

I've always thought Marie-Amélie Sauvé is the antithesis of Carine - for a French stylist, she sure is conservative and discreet especially if compared to Roitfeld but both are great stylists ofcourse. It would be great to see her come back but I can't imagine her as an EIC though... she'd be too reclusive. A Fashion Director or Senior Editor position will suit her more I think.

I don't have any idea of a possible replacement at the moment but I will also throw some names here... I really hope we can see variety of French and non-French stylists contributing on the upcoming issues. It would be refreshing to see Camille Bidault-Waddington, Joe McKenna, Melanie Ward etc. styling for VP again. And like MulletProof, I would like Ludivine Poiblanc to return too.

What are we going to do! Without a leader we can't survive! CHAOS CHAOS! The fashion world will live in chaos! The gods have punished us, oh dear Christian Dior, oh Yves Saint Laurent please make Roitfeld change her mind!

Aliona Doletskaya, Carine Roitfeld... Who is next? Franca Sozzani? :cry:

In March 2011, Alexandra Shulman has 20th anniversary issue of her editorship in Vogue UK, maybe she will leave after this? :unsure:

One of the most shocking and unexpected news ever.
Of course I'm really excited to see whats next for VP, the magazine clearly needed some fresh air. But secretely I was hoping Carine would be able to re-invent the magazine's aesthetic.
No matter how repetitive the last issues have been. And maybe quite bad sometimes, No one will be able to achieve what she did for VP. Through all these years, she surrounded herself with an amazing team and together they produced some of the best fashion images ever. I will also terribly miss her, cause she'is the only Vogue EIC who was totally involved in the fashion process of her magazine. She styled most of the eds and not just "edited" or "slashed" the editors choice like Anna does. And I always loved and respected Carine for that.
That's why I'm not too excited by the Virginie Mouzat rumor, which seems to be the only concrete rumor at the moment. She is obviously a great fashion journalist, with a really interesting eye. But I can't see her as the EIC, she doesn't have the charisma IMO.
Besides, if Mouzat gets the job and Alt stays, she will be the real fashion director which means she might style 85% of the eds and I don't want to see this.
Therefore, I hope someone like Marie-Amelie sauvé could replace Carine. She has all the qualities to replace Carine. Fabien Baron is a dream choice too, I think we all agree on his creative vision and his got one fantastic team. I don't want him to leave Interview, though.

I hope they don't make us wait 'til the end of January to announce who's the new EIC...

I really truly hope that Alt will become the new EIC. She has worked with Carine for such a long time and if she could get a chance I'm sure she would do great things with VP. I love both of these women so much and Carine's leaving made me really sad. I just hope that Emmanuelle stays in VP and we would see her as a new editor in chief.

This was the right decision. During her reign VP produced some of its best work since ca 1984. Some of those issues have been fantastic. But it did peak a while back. So it will be interesting how VP is revamped and, of course, what Carine Roitfeldt decides to work with in the future.

I'm sad to hear this..but curious to see who's next and what they have to offer.

In March 2011, Alexandra Shulman has 20th anniversary issue of her editorship in Vogue UK, maybe she will leave after this? :unsure:

Alexandra is the one person i wish would leave her post, and it seems everyone except her seems to be leaving.

it was such a surprise when i was told Carine would be leaving, i personally think the only person rightful of this position now would be Emmanuelle, to continue on the vision of the magazine, the aesthetic they made over the past 10 years has been wonderful and i can't imagine Conde Nast wanting to spoil that as it's kept their audience glued.

I don't know to me most of the -people that are being named in this are stylists... Not really editors... I really think that an editor should get the position with Emmanuel Alt at the helm of creative direction. I think this would be like a more marketable version of Carine's VP

^ Coddington? As much as I like the idea, I don't know if Wintour could afford to lose her. She's the heart of US Vogue.

she can't! anna can't lose her

I doubt Coddignton would be able to be in charge of vogue as a whole. I love her and her work but I don't think that position is for her. On plus, if she has to be in charge of any Vogue, that'll be US Vogue... a french mag needs a french or a least a francophile editor-in-chief, and she's not.

Carine and I have no plans to work together at the moment, and it is nothing that we have even discussed, but of course I think she is brilliant and we are close friends so who knows about the future

Tom Ford said that to Cathy of NYT... uhm soooo since that is a no I'm kind of afraid of what Carine may be doing... For some reason I have the unsettling tendency to think that Anna is leaving Vogue US and Carine is coming to Vogue Paris... I just hope that this IS DWP and Anna has a list. I for some reason think that the magazine will suffer without Anna. I doubt many can do what she does.

EDITED:
there are rumors that Alexandra Golovanoff will replace her, on french newsreports website. But she is a TV journalist, who has never been a stylist (unless i'm mistaken).

Then let's not forget that being the editor in chief of Vogue Paris is not the dream job for a stylist, cos then you can't work as a consultant! You can't be a stylist for fashion shows or fashion ads, and that's where the money is. So I would not be surprised if it isn't a star editor that replaces her.

taken from Carine's thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->