Catherine, Princess of Wales (Kate Middleton)

Sorry that these are with the article, but these are the only pictures I can find. I think she looks good here but I'm not a fan of the shoes. I'd like to see something designer and in another color, it would match the outfit better.

First in line to catch the bouquet? Kate Middleton sends hint to Prince William at friend's wedding

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:12 PM on 14th August 2009

The pressure on Prince William to pop the question to girlfriend of eight years Kate Middleton is greater than ever.
The couple were dressed in their finest for the wedding of close friends Nicholas van Cutsem and Alice Hadden-Paton who became engaged after only one and a half years together.
And perhaps Kate is hoping William gets the hint.

article-0-06105464000005DC-209_224x608.jpg

article-0-0610544D000005DC-106_224x608.jpg

When is it my turn? Kate Middleton and Prince William at the wedding of close friends Nicholas van Cutsem and Alice Hadden-Paton

She has been dubbed 'Waity Katie' for her staying power in the long-running royal romance which friends are convinced will eventually end in marriage.
Today at the Wellington Barracks in London, patient Kate looked stunning in a cornflower blue brocade coat over an oyster white dress, finished with a delicate fascinator.
William and Prince Harry, who was also a guest at the wedding in the Guards Chapel, were just as smart in their three-piece morning suits.

article-1206622-06105258000005DC-503_468x597.jpg
Wedding bells: Kate Middleton (right) with other guests at the Wellington Barracks. She has been patiently waiting for William to propose after eight years together

article-1206622-0610550D000005DC-917_468x349.jpg
Sharp-suited: Prince Harry (second from right) with friends dressed in their morning suits at the wedding in the Guards Chapel in London

The 31-year-old groom is a life guard in the Household Cavalry, while his new wife Alice, 25, works as an events manager.
Her brother Harry Hadden-Paton has made a name for himself as a West End actor.
The wedding of Nicholas and Alice is thought to have caught William off guard.

But despite rumours of an impending engagement to Kate, sources say the Prince is too busy to get married.

article-1206622-061055FA000005DC-491_468x401.jpg
Setting an example: William was said to be shocked when he found out that his close friend Nicholas van Cutsem had proposed to Alice Hadon-Patton after just one and a half years together

He is training to become an RAF search and rescue pilot, and it may not be until Kate and William turn 30 that they tie the knot. They are both 27.
Kate had been keeping a low profile since the wedding today, after the storm of her drug-taking uncle Gary Goldsmith.
She took William to her uncle's £5million villa in Ibiza where he chopped up lines of cocaine and boasted about his links to the Royal Family.
Kate's mother Carole Middleton held crisis talks in a bid to protect her family's reputation.
A source close to the Middletons said Carole was fed up with the damaging stories about her daughter and family.
'She is convinced that William and Kate will tie the knot and she doesn’t want anything tarnishing her daughter’s reputation,' the source said.
The Daily Mail

^She dresses too old. This looks like something my grandmother would wear....actually my grandmother would probably think it looks too old-fashioned.

I don't even know what to say, I mean all the guys look cool with the different colors. She looks like a china pattern...safe, of course. Eh, whatever.

^ Isn't it a paisley print? I think it's better than that boring black and pink outfit she wore to Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly's wedding.

How can you tell the difference? Do people in upper classes speak more softly because that's how she sounded.

I don't know about softness, I don't think so. It's just that upper class British people (aristocracy, royalty) have a certain accent that is very distinctive from other British accents. It's the annunciation and intonations. I didn't hear enough from Kate to know for sure, but from that little bit, it just seemed like this kind of accent. I cannot tell for sure though. I have to have much, much more exposure to someone's accent before I can be sure.

I like the dress, it's really pretty and the color is gorgeous it almost comes across as lilac blue(or maybe I've just been staring at the computer too long).The hat and the shoes pffft not so much.

More pictures can be found here: http://www.gettyimages.com/search/s...assetType=image&family=editorial&p=van+cutsem
lallettac posted the link on the royal forums.

I think she dresses very appropriate and nicely, though I for myself might have gone for a different colour, not a big fan of blue for dark-haired and not or medium tanned people, but I think thats a question of personal taste... ah and I dislike the "fake" hats.

but apart from the outfit I must say shes really really pretty... specially when she's smiling.

btw any van cutsem happens to be left on the market?? :innocent: one should at least not be married yet, I think...

btw any van cutsem happens to be left on the market?? :innocent: one should at least not be married yet, I think...

I think the youngest one is still left, his name is William maybe? I believe the joke about the Van Cutsem boys is that they marry well, like the Langhorne sisters. :lol:

I don't know about softness, I don't think so. It's just that upper class British people (aristocracy, royalty) have a certain accent that is very distinctive from other British accents. It's the annunciation and intonations. I didn't hear enough from Kate to know for sure, but from that little bit, it just seemed like this kind of accent. I cannot tell for sure though. I have to have much, much more exposure to someone's accent before I can be sure.

That's interesting, thanks for the insight. I guess it's just a more studied way of speaking.

I like the color of the jacket, but I hate the hat. And I wish we could see what the dress underneath looks like. I have to say that she does look very pretty. Her hair always looks so healthy and shiny.

I'm disliking the hat the more I look at it, which is too bad because at first glance I thought it was cute and went well with her coat. :(

What the hell is she doing here?!?! Maybe a mantra of "this will be my last wedding before my own, oooom, this will be my last wedding before my own oooom...."
89786896.jpg

: Getty

And what happened to Laura?!??! Is she pregnant again? I'm sorry but she looks horrible here...
89787425.jpg

Getty

A few more photos you can see her clutch really well here.

Prince William, Prince Harry Attend Wedding of Close Friend

August 14, 2009 by Maricar Macalincag

Leave a Comment

Prince William andPrince Harry were both ushers at the wedding of their close friend Capt. Nicholas Van Cutsem to Alice Hadden-Paton.

The wedding was held today, August 14, at the Guards Chapel, which is near Buckingham Palace. Capt. Van Cutsem, 31, is an Army officer who is scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan at the end of the year.
Prince William was accompanied to the event by his girlfriend Kate Middleton. Kate wore a blue silk-brocade coat over a white dress for the occasion. Prince William was apparently teased by his friend that he’ll be next down the aisle.
More photos after the jump:

princewilliamharrykatemiddletonweddingbg55090814X2_VAN_CUTSEM_BGR_01_thumb.jpg

princewilliamharrykatemiddletonweddingbg55090814X2_MIDDLETON_BGR_01_thumb.jpg

the merry royals

Is that Camilla's Laura? OMG...she looks to have the body of a sixty year old woman.

she's pregnant again? Didn't she just have a child not so long ago?
maybe it's pregnancy weight?

What the hell is she doing here?!?! Maybe a mantra of "this will be my last wedding before my own, oooom, this will be my last wedding before my own oooom...."

:lol::P

And her clutch is cute. This is one of a few outfit I really like. I quite like the hat, it small and cute and not totally insane that it looks like something my dog would hack up.

^ Apparently Laura is pregnant with twins! So this is very forgivable! Although I still think she could have chosen a better dress :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->