Chanel S/S 2010 : Claudia, Freja & Baptiste by Karl Lagerfeld

The only thing that bothers me is the location. It looks dirty and not in a cool-New York-downtown vibe. The surroundings work more for editorial, but for a campaign selling luxury items it does not.
I for one, am happy that Karl has moved on from that bland Daria/'downtown chic' passé crap he used for endless seasons, which must've been very appealing for 60+ upper east side women that swear by Chanel but unfortunately wasn't very representative of the spirit of the collections, the young crowd he was trying to appeal to, trends and even the music he was using for his shows trying to present a certain mood and telling the entire opposite with his soulless shootings, he's finally experimenting again with locations, getting past opulent theatrics and capturing atmospheres and creating stories in his photographs (like he did in the late 90s come to think of it) and evidently getting a bit nostalgic about the beginnings of the brand.. the F/W 08.09 campaign is one example, shot in a very dusty ("dirty"?) old apartment with a very old, broken mattress and lace curtains.. and then the recent one with Freja in some dry fields (so not your nouveau riche fantasy scenario) and now this one, where the longing for history feels more palpable than ever as Buenos Aires' history and culture is almost built on that.. on hanging on to a far away past. I'm glad he wasn't obvious with tango references but still, I love the feeling you get while looking at this.. it's a great campaign for a great collection and a goofy show that promised so little.

Well, this is not bad. I like colors backing to Chanel campaign.

Lagerfeld's photography for Chanel has become unbearable. I knew what to expect from this campaign. The same angles, same composition, same colors and mood.
I hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! I thought that I'll hate it... but... NO! I love it! Love love love it! Very romantic and country! Adore!

freja1.jpg
freja2.jpg

tieba.baidu.com

sorry...would a mod please delete my previous post. Thanks!:smile:

Lara instead of Claudia would've been better for me. Really allergic to Schiffer. : /

WHY FREJA????? Can't Karl find anyone more girly?
Shots are pretty awesome,but models.. :sick:

Claudia or Heidi in the second pic?that's a question :innocent:
i was wondering the same thing, it looks more like heidi mount to me

^ Well to me, the lines around her nose pretty much give away that it's Claudia ^_^

Mediocre,like every Chanel campaign shot by Karl.
It's so lifeless and unappealing,it would be cool to see some rocking campaign for Chanel sometimes :rolleyes:
And I'm SO tired about the whole Lara-Freja-Baptiste situation...it's time to get OVER them :judge:

This is beautiful! Definitely eye catching. Love the styling too, and the models as well! Two thumbs up!

I'm sick of KARL why he thinks he's a photographer!!
Pretty bad, as always!:yuk: :sick:

another Chanel ad, another countless bitchin' about Karl's photography skill. you'd think one will get use to it by now. :rolleyes:

disapointed...... really borring, to me ! last campaign was wonderful but now...different !

nice ad though i also notice theres something awkward about the legs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->