Chloé F/W 08.09 Paris

I really don't know what to think of this :wacko:
I loved the spring collection dearly.. And to go from that to this I'm dissapointed.. There is a few pieces that I like but that's about it. I do like most of the prints, that's no surprise since I have a soft spot for florals. But it's just too flowy and 'boho' esque for my taste..

i wish you werent so harsh and rude about this brand
i dont get why you feel so connected to it...
he didnt dismiss the brands identity completely but it was something new and to be quite honest i see alot of similarities int he two brands aestetics anyway, albeit marni's is more conceptual and minimalist...

but this is just boring, and so was what phoebes was doign. it was wonderful at the start but it just got old, in my opinion, his last collection was an amazing centerpoint of the two sensebilitys...
i dont understeand why YOU want a designer to completely disregard his design experience and heritage to make the brand happy... if that was the case they could have hired any old designer.

Chloehandbags is actually saying a valid point , i think your taking it the wrong way. Obviously she loves Chloe , hint hint username . so if a person works only at Marni then goes to Chloe , the clothes should be like Marni ..NO. You have to stick with the house aesthetic , you cant send minimalistic clothes down a chloe runway because chloe's aesthetic isnt about that and will never be.

^ There's a difference between being true to the house aesthetic and repeating what past designers have done.

His spring collection was very light, airy, feminine, cool young girl (which is the template of the Chloe girl) but it didn't fall into the trap of being too similar to Phoebe or Lagerfeld or whatever.

The whole point of getting a new design head is to reinvigorate the house with a new perspective, not to duplicate what's already been done.

The shoes were pretty, especially the bright blue pair on Siri Tollerod, the handbags looked interesting and the randomly cut jackets were nice, but the navy blue on the majority of the clothes did nothing for me, there's something Prada-esque about some of the pieces?
I absolutely detest that fur jacket, and not because it's fur - I can tolerate fur as long as it's tastefully done, but not that jacket with that dress, or that jacket at all, it's simply foul.

Although it was big on the 'Art' trend for Spring/Summer I wasn't really struck with Chloe that season either.

hm. i actually adore this --
but this is coming from someone who couldn't stand the spring collection.

This is just OK, but I'm not keen on it so much.

Wow, this sucks a lot less than it has for the last few seasons. I'm marginally impressed.

Look, obviosuly he has to alter his image somewhat but he cant completely disregard his past and his heritage as a MINIMALIST designer. The ceos or whatever at chloe hired him so they obviously know what theyre doing. Chloehandbag's posts all seem liek she would rather was regurgitating phoebes looks or that she wishes phoebe was still designing herself...

all im saying is you cant expect paulo to completely disregard the way he designs for the house. in my post i said that last season was a happy medium but you obviously neglected to read that...

I kind of hate to see that he's given up his Chloe look so much in favor of what the Chloe customer used to be. I didn't love his first two collections, but it was nice to see Chloe move on from the vintage, ruffley, boho thing. It was nice to see that he had his own POV in regards to the house.

This is kind of what girls and young women are already wearing, and have been wearing for years. That's not what I expect of a Parisian house.
I agree. I never expected him to use floral prints this prevalently, or put out a collection this cutesy:doh:

is it really that surprising though? people sure do love to whine about missing Phoebe's reign.

^ There's a difference between being true to the house aesthetic and repeating what past designers have done.

His spring collection was very light, airy, feminine, cool young girl (which is the template of the Chloe girl) but it didn't fall into the trap of being too similar to Phoebe or Lagerfeld or whatever.

The whole point of getting a new design head is to reinvigorate the house with a new perspective, not to duplicate what's already been done.

yeah but chloe is not miminalistic house , putting out that stuff doesnt sell , and chloe was a fast moving , high return fashion house with very wearable clothes , all the past designers got that .

at the end of the day its about money , its evident that PAM had to produce more wearable clothes, but the results were mixed , because the chloe customer base is eroding very quickly , with other designers like Philip lim , stella mccartney and Sonia Rykiel capturing that customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the fact that they're making it more romantic and feminine, but i was kinda getting used to the marni ish style, it was new, fresh and really young, this collection is very wearable and it will sell great which is whats the chloe costumer is looking for. My best friend is a chloe costumer, and im sure she will love some of the pieces, for example those lovely shirts look really vintage 70's which is what i think when i think about chloe, this more chloe, and less marni. What i really miss though, is mini dresses!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s very soft and modern collection. It has definitely a summer touch but we have in Europe more warm winter as it was 10 years ago:lol:, so it works.

No , he looked at Karls 1972 collection for that , for the flowy dresses . I worked at chloe store for 2 years,so I know the brand quite well , his work doesnt really feel the meld that is chloe , its like making pilati design for betsey johnson, another word square peg in a round hole,

Chloe girls dont want to be marnified , thats why they have marni DUH lol

I'm back in love with Chloe. I am so suprised!!! This collection is so sweet. This is what I think of when I hear Chloe. Fabulous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->