Chloe Paddington Bags (February 2005 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^rochasfile - unfortunately, that's a pretty well-known problem with the paddies in certain batches, though I think some members have been able to solve this problem by getting the shops to order a replacement for them.

I think this is a very practical, well-designed and well-made bag, though it's a pity that there are lots of fakes out there. Imo, it ages very well though, the leather on mine is thick and has become more smooshy over the years, the quality is excellent.

Thanks! :flower: If I ordered my bag from NAP, though, would it cost me anything to have a Chloe boutique order replacement hardware for my bag? How would I go about doing such?

^You might like to contact NAP about this problem first, and see if they are able to assist you since you purchased your paddy from them.
If NAP is unable to provide any help (and how dare they not!), then take your paddy to a Chloe boutique.
Depending on how long you had your paddy, it might cost you to get a replacement lock(from NAP/Chloe boutique) for your paddy I think.
Search through this thread for some accounts, I recall reading about this problem quite a few times.....
Good luck! :flower:

Chaneller, do you have the MJ Stam with suede lining? I have the one with canvas lining and find my paddy a little heavier. I still love my paddy and wear it almost as often as my stam. I also think that it is a classic.

There are some paddies on overstock.com that look good, in the photos... I've not bought anything from the site but these were great prices $999 and some reg & lg sizes.

Chaneller, do you have the MJ Stam with suede lining? I have the one with canvas lining and find my paddy a little heavier. I still love my paddy and wear it almost as often as my stam. I also think that it is a classic.

I also have the one with canvas lining. Carrying a heavy bag is a great workout for the biceps though. :D

I couldn't resist smiling when I saw this online.
It's just so cute...I'll definitely get this if I have a red/black/tan paddy!

*luisaviaroma.com*

hehe, i want to get one of these keychains too! It's a mini version of my Rouge Paddy! :blush:

I saw a shop in Bern that was selling Chloes. The price in the window for the small paddy was 1500SF (about £600). Is that a good price as they don't have any on NAP to compare with at the moment?

Just in case anyone's in Bern right now, I think the shop is on the same block as the Loeb store as you walk away from the clock. If not then it's the one on the block before.

Today, back in Liverpool, as I was in a queue for a taxi the woman in front had a (fake) white large paddy, and the one behind me had a (fake) beige paddy. Argh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chloé paddington, small/black

Hey guys

I need your help with this:

- What bag do they show me if I go into a Chloé boutique and ask the staff for a Chloé paddington in black or tan in size small? :heart:
- Does every boutique or reatailer (like Neiman Marcus or Saks) store more than just the newest collection?
- Do they still have bags from season '06 or something? Is there any difference between they now-paddington-bag and the ones before?

- And do you guys know the prize of it? Or just guess?

Because I want to buy this gorgeous bag in the middle of August, when Iam back in New York City.

Iam thankful for any advice...! :flower:

Anyone still using their Paddy on a regular basis? I'm thinking of taking mine out of retirement this week but I'm not quite sure.

luxx, I still have all my bags in circulation and do still wear my paddy once in a while. I actually just wore it two days ago but I live in cleveland and I can see how someone in NYC would be hesitant, not many know the bag here.

OT but where you always a mod and I didnt notice? If this is new, congrats on the position!!

a few older season paddy totes are at century 21 in new york, didn't check the price but they're generally about 30%-50% of the retail price

I'm a new mod Guessgirl96 :blush: thank you so much for the congrats!

I love my Paddy, I remember being so happy when I got it and its still in great shape / is completely useful and wearable but at the same time I feel like certain items have best buy date - the bag became too ubiquitous for awhile. There were so many bad fakes and knock offs in the city plus the general hoopla was a little bit much. I just sort of stopped wearing it at that point.

Now I feel like maybe things have died down and I can pull it back out again. Its an amazing bag its just become a victim of its own success in a way that some other very popular bags just didn't. Its sort of the it bag poster child on some level.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear that the ID number can be located in different places inside the lining? Mine is down in the botton left-hand side of the bag but my friend's discovered hers inside the zippered pocket. Any info would be great!

Luxx, I still use my paddy now and then but I'm with you that there was definitely a period when I kept it on the shelf due to the rampage of fakes around.
It's out of retirement now and honestly the paddy's a really nice bag, practical and the leather keeps better as it ages. I used to find it heavy but not anymore since I got my Persephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->