Chloe Paddington Bags (February 2005 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy a paddington .It's the number 270095312021. Is it a fake? Thanks . excuse my english , i 'm french.

If it's fake it's a good one, but it may also not be the bag you end up getting in the post.

The three things that are (only very slightly) off to me are
1) the stitches on the leather round the padlock are a little small. Mine has ten stitches accross each the top and bottom, this bag has twelve or thirteen.
2) My bag has six large studs at the bottom of the bag plus 10 mini studs. I can see 8 large studs and only 6 mini studs on the bag on e-Bay. Then again, on the e-bay spiel it does say that the bag is 50 cms long, mine is only 40ish cms
3) the bag doesn't seem very 'floppy'. Unless they've stuffed it with wadding it should sink into itself in the full pictures.

They've got paddies on NAP, I wouldn't risk that amount of money on what could end up being a fake, even if it is a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot . I also thought it's a very good fake. But the seller is a professional...

Has anyone seen the paddington tote with the really small lock? It has this beautiful metallic bronze leather. I cant find a picture online but they have it @ NM and I'm on the fence about it. Opinions would be awesome! <3

Hey Noriko,
You can see a pic online at the Chloe website under accessories Spring/summer. I haven't seen it anywhere else but I think I'm in love with it lol. How much was it? And which NM? Maybe I can call and order it.

$2145, at the Ala Moana NM in HI :smile: I didnt see it when I was there today though so I'm thinking its gone, but maybe they can order it for you! <3

ooooo I just checked out the website and saw that they have the regular paddington satchel with the small lock as well, I think I'm in loveeee:heart: ^_^ ! I havent seen that style here yet but I must have one:woot: :woot: :woot: ! Has anyone seen it around?

Noriko I called a few places yet. Seems most Neimans don't have it yet. But the Chloe Boutique in NY has it. I don't like their return policy and I have to fax in the order <sigh>. I think I will wait til it is more widely available. I'd rather order from Net A Porter with their much better return policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it! I wish I were still in NY, they have all the cool stuff. I really like that bag, I hope the NM here gets them in soon :(

ooo in case anyone was interested in the paddingtons with the small hanging locks i mentioned earlier. My SA let me know that they could be in as early as this Thursday since they are already in the NM system it seems. So I'm on the waitlist for the white, I hope it comes in that soon! <3 price point was good too, I think I saw $1595 in the lookbook.

J Star said:
Just wanted to share my rouge paddy:blush: Got her at the NAP sale, got really really lucky
Your rouge paddy looks gorgeous!!! I so desperately want one too, in the same colour. Does anyone know when Net-a-Porter is likely to have their next bit paddington sale?

What do you think, has Chloé Paddington become a modern classic by now?
Will it still be around for a few years or more? :unsure:
Thinking about buying my 1st one.

Is it heavier than MJ Stam? I love my Stam but I find it a bit too heavy for everyday use.

I was going to take it (I have a blue one) as my hand luggage when I went over to Geneva in April but decided against it at the time and used another bag. I have to say that I was really glad I didn't carry it as there were a load of women who all had Paddys plus were wearing tracksuits that eg didn't cover their very ample stomachs. They were all what we call scallies in Liverpool, but maybe WAG wannabees- you may know the 'chav' phenomenon more. I was really ashamed for them, and really glad I wasn't being associated with them by carrying my own Paddy.

Anyone else had this?

Not as if I'm ashamed of my Paddy by any means. Last time I used it, someone commented on 'the lovely smell' of the leather. Still? After this amount of time? Quality.

I've just purchased a rouge '06 paddy from the recent AlohaRag sale, and I really love this bag. I was a bit hesitant about purchasing it, since many people have already declared it as "over" and a dead trend. But once I received it, I immediately saw how extraordinary its design is for a handbag. It's feminine yet edgy, and definitely eye-catching. When I got it, I didn't think to myself "oh my god, this bag is so out of style already", I thought "Wow. What a beautiful bag". I will definitely be carrying this bag for years.

Chaneller- I have both a medium paddy satchel and an MJ stam, and find that the Paddy is lighter than the stam. You can lighten them by removing the lock (for the paddy) or the gold chain (for the stam). To me, the Paddy is a classic, with its shape and slouchy structure, plus the great leather and beautiful colors. You should definitely go for it!

I had no idea the Paddington was still of interest to so many people. I have a dark gray paddy that I bought from NAP, but I stopped carrying it when the matte finish on the lock started to chip and reveal the shiny brass (?) underneath. Has anyone else had this problem with their bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->