Christian Dior F/W 09.10 Paris

The Hair and Make up is always way overdone. But I guess it makes it more interesting :unsure:

I was at Dior ^^ i met Coco, Jourdan, Chanel, Irina K, Tanya D. etc..... :smile:
i'll post videos later !

The dresses at the end are goddess. So soft, and feminine and romantic. The details on them are divine. Absolutely in love with them.

I really like this collection ^_^ Details are so beautiful!

I feel so bad for the models, they'll clean and they'll clean but they'll never be clean. They'll find traces of this make up on their face a month from now.

I love the last four dresses. Especially the red one. It's amazing.

agree.. would like it even more if the colour palette is more consistant. and less chiffon/sheer-y dresses would be nice too. The fabrics (esp the prints) and the rich-ness of are amazing. Definitely an upgrade from the past 3, 4 collections.

Very Poiret inspired, and I usually like it when Galliano reinterprets him, but this collection is not good enough. There are some beautiful coats, though the print should be out of them. Anyway the whole collection is not good, at all.

Galliano is a genius and he's fashion history, but, what's happening to him lately?

i agree that the color palette should be more focused but i don't think sticking to black/white/grey/purple would be a good choice

the last evening gowns are just heavenly :heart: and what makes them so exquisite is the vibrant color choices

First of all, I can't get the patterns and prints... However the ones used in Sigrid's coat and Vlada's skirt were really beautiful.
I did like the gowns form the end but their colors look so random.
For me the strength of this collection is the use of fur...

I'm still trying to find the unifying theme that makes this collection, well...........a collection. I see about three separate collections here that looking amazing on their own but lose impact as part of the entire collection. I love the first 17 looks and adore the last 8. There is some nice stuff in the middle too, but not as strong as the beginning and end.

It's entertaining and fun though, something that's rarely happened this season.

finally he does something incredibly interesting, from ss 08 rtw from ss 09 rtw he did good things but not with that amount of imagination or freedom as he did during the good old days, i'm really satisfied!
:blush:

Kind of loving the Arabian nights/Aladdin feel from some of the pieces.

Well, it definitely doesn't suck as hard as it has lately, and even though there are too many different colors for my liking, at least they look sophisticated as opposed to the cheap Barbie colors of last season.

I don't really like it, and like Creative said he's done the Poiret infused Orientalism much, much better than this. But it's a step in a positive direction.

I'm pleased. It's not his greatest work or anything, and the color palette could definitely use some focus, but I'm relieved to see something a bit more interesting from him. I'm happy to be not disappointed. The evening gowns are gorgeous and I love that dress on Anna S..

Not to mention it's almost just relieving to see this isn't 80s reference central...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->