Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2015.16 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
kby8af.png

Screencap from dior.com

DIRECTIONLESS.

And people dare to call him kinky. This is as bourgeois as it gets. :huh:

Watching the live stream I thought the runway and music was amazing but as usual it was hit and miss for me. There were some lovely pieces but others were too repetitive IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was beautiful, but it's beautiful only because it's not Raf's work at all. All I can see is Louis Vuitton, both resort 2016 and f/w 15.16. Some pieces were more Chloe or Paco Rabanne than Dior too. First few looks were really good, but then I got bored and tired- this collection was about, I don't know, four silhouettes? It was so limited. At the same time I feel like this is what Donatella tried to do, but failed. I like the fabrics and some coats, but there's something wrong with them. Of course that set was the best part of the show.
I don't know, it's his 3rd year at Dior and he went from interesting, refreshing collections to weird/ugly collections to ripping off Nicolas Ghesquiere so I hope it's one of his last shows.

I also thought the shoulders were very Vuitton F/W 2015.

The worst thing is that I feel I saw nothing. A big show can be better or worse, but at least should leave an impression or create a graphic vision. This... I will forget about it in two seconds. No one will remember it.

It's like a hodgepodge with Dior greatest hits mixed with some non-Dior looks. Very weird. And everything felt so stale, boring... like they didn't even try. So, so, so, so bad. And the editing was just tragic.

Watching the livestream i could'nt take my eyes away from the sceene.

I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the dresses und the models. Everthing was full of light. Everything was light, easy, flowing.

The makeup was discreet, and natural in beautiful way.

And the shoes!! What agreat idea! Matching to the dresses and the light. fascinating!

One of the best dior shows i have ever seen.

It seems like Dior's identity crisis is not only a campaign affair...

After seeing how Raf work in the Dior movie, i can totally say (i'm pretty sure of myself) that this collection is based on Louis Vuitton FW 2015, Chloé FW 2015, his last Jil Sander collection and his FW2014 Couture.

At least, this time, it feels like he acknowledge the female forms. It's a very wearable, very easy (a bit too easy), very commercial couture collection.
It's like the collection was designed by a team without any creative leadership.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE ONE "FUR" SHOULDERS HALF COATS/CAPES?

A another very boring Dior collection from Raf Simons. It's his third year now and yet, we haven't seen his "my moment" collection.

At Chanel they doesn't have to worry, Karl is still the only leader in Couture.

FINALLY a collection that I like! I was loosing hope. It was fresh, beautiful, elegant and very feminine. The shoes were amazing too. They always have the best shoes. I loved that the models were holding their jacket.

After seeing how Raf work in the Dior movie, i can totally say (i'm pretty sure of myself) that this collection is based on Louis Vuitton FW 2015, Chloé FW 2015, his last Jil Sander collection and his FW2014 Couture.
I can see Chloe f/w 13.14 ("golden cage" looks) and Celine f/w 13.14 (esp. first two coats) too. That fur thing was inspired by Celine f/w 14.15 imho.

DIRECTIONLESS.

And people dare to call him kinky. This is as bourgeois as it gets. :huh:
He's kinky because he did p*rn boots for last couture collection, come on :rolleyes: but yeah, you're right, it's like calling him a minimalist while he's not a minimalist at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't know they livestreamed so i'll go watch it but...he doesn't know how to do baggy clothes on women...he makes them look like men

Everything was light, easy, flowing.
Everything? Did we see the same thing? There were just a couple of light dresses. The rest looked quite heavy tbh.

I don't know why the black pastic-bag-like dress made it to the show. We had the first airy looks then they show that aberration.

Some sleeves were quite Prada F/W 13. Not the same idea, but felt seen, burned and tired.

And there were some dressed that they got directly from ASOS and sent them to Lesage ateliers to put some embroidery on them.

I don't get this at all. It's like he thinks that he is such a genius, that even 60-70% effort will be amazing, and it's really not.

At least, this time, it feels like he acknowledge the female forms. It's a very wearable, very easy (a bit too easy), very commercial couture collection.

Odd, this was my first thought! But it still feels so superficial and lazy, like he couldn't be bothered to elaborate on the theme. Lets just chuck a few shapeless sheaths down the runway - that'll silence the critics.

Horrid cast. There are some okay pieces but overall it just looks all over the place.

the outerwear with the asymmetries and the weird volumes is beyond amazing

everything else though... meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->