Christian Dior HC F/W 08.09 Paris

the shoes are fabulous. thanks for the detail pics.

Wow. Coming out of nowhere such a beautiful collection. Finally! It was about time that Galliano made something beautiful again and got away from all the tackiness.

i dont know i was wondering that too. i'd seen it in the backstage pics i thought it was something for hair/makeup buton the runway aswell? i dont know
it's surgical tape. an old theater/drag queen(!!) trick that's supposed to give the effect of a face lift. :winkiss:

thanks a bunch for the detail shots :flower:

Why can't he do beautiful work like this for the menswear collections??

Yeah, it's instant face lift tape. :lol:

It's two pieces of really sticky tape connected by elastic. Most pro make-up artists have it in their kits. Of course, it's normally used on older ladies to pull their face back on the sides. Then the tape is either covered by hair or photoshopped out.

Here it's used on younger girls to give them super arched eyebrows. Heh. :heart:

Full length video is up

Full length video is up on Dior.com

Beautiful collection. Wish people with uninformed and derogative comments kept them to themselves. I'm pretty sure that most people with negative comments have never created anything beautiful in their entire lives.

this is capt.charly's video

Thank you both for that! :flower:

That was really interesting. I especially loved "to your left, to your left, to your left, your OTHER left..." :lol:

And how great is it to be ALT and be an entire head taller than everyone else?!

Full length video is up on Dior.com

Beautiful collection. Wish people with uninformed and derogative comments kept them to themselves. I'm pretty sure that most people with negative comments have never created anything beautiful in their entire lives.

No i just think they dont have the heart to apreciatte a VERY, VERY beautiful work, I am so happy that everyone is happy with this collection it is pure luxury and super fresh and has got a lot the perfect side of beauty: simplicity.so beautiful venue, i am downloading the video, I think it is going yo bevery good...That stick ofr the brows is something I needed to know what was itI need some of them to make my eyes look like a cat.

Just saw the video.
The show is very light and pure, it`s like back to basics for Dior. But I love more rock-and-roll Galliano (Gothic chic :D ). And the music is not incredible, but not annoying. JG himself, while poses at the end :blink: , is always remarkable.
The dresses is fab, real couture.

Yes, the video is not edited, and there are not: Amazing angles, Face and eye Zooms, shoes detail, clothes shine..., people expresions of envy...low camera for feel the delicate movement of that soft fabrics..., extrange roof angles..., oh Dior and Galliano web sites once were the best for their shows coverage, but now they are the worst in the net... and I cant hate them because the show is so beautiful... What a irony...

Could someone please post the link of the site, i cant find the video. :ninja:

I actually liked the music...for once it seemed to fit the collection and show appropriatly. The opening song is Aquatic by Dutch gothrock band Within Temptation....go Holland!

After seeing the video i got reminded why i am not impressed by any of todays models on the runway.These girls just get lost in the clothes,and look like they are scared and lost in the designs and my god some of them are terrible wallkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->