Christian Dior HC F/W 08.09 Paris

So far I like it, it's farther away from the whole sixties theme which was done to death. This is what I really hoped to see...hopefully the video will live up to what the clothing looks like.

"amazing" and "fantastic" does not even begin to describe the collection! i wish i could own every piece!!!! i absolutely adore the silhouette, the fabric, and the details of every piece. BRAVO JOHN, BRAVO!

this is so tranny.

Its by no means bad, but its definitely not good. its saccharin.

^Well, I have see the entire video, and what you says is very correct, the models are terrible, except Chanel Iman, who walks like a very delicate woman should walk!, but the shoes are really scary, even cute, and some dresses seems copied by the work he did in that Peruvian inspired collection full of transparency and dresses not finished, now that dreeses seems take a nice form.

The color charcoal is very funny!!!, finally a cool eye texture, the music is terrible, oh!,Galliano please REFRESH YOUR SOUNDTRAK TEAM, please!

Finally I love this.

Oh!, Miss Dalloway, your avatar scared me all the time I was writting..., so good!

Underwhelming. Can't help but think of Disney.

Wish Galliano would explore other colors in the optical spectrum. Give the princess colors a rest. Garish colors like bile yellow can go too.

For those of you who, like me, are not fluent in fashionese, New York Magazine has deciphered reviews of this show.

[Picture source: jssy4eva at tFS, Yahoo! Movies, AllPosters.com, Ginevra's Disney Page, The Guardian]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I would have never noticed that if you hadn't posted those Disney pictures! Wow...

Wish Galliano would explore other colors in the optical spectrum. Give the princess colors a rest. Garish colors like bile yellow can go too.

For those of you who, like me, are not fluent in fashionese, New York Magazine has deciphered reviews of this show.

I don't think there's a color on the spectrum that Galliano hasn't touched!! :lol::lol: The last few collections were so vibrant in colour that I think my cornea is still burning from it!! So I'm glad he toned it down to pastels and lighter (or sometimes deeper) tones.

Oh and thanks for that link, it was a fun read!

I love Galliano's choice of color - the princess colors will never bore me

ahh ohmygosh I'm all squeamish with excitement! Just came from the Chanel F/W 08/09 HC thread and I really liked what I saw there- and same goes for Dior! :clap: This is fabulous- The early pictures posted by Mr-Dale (thankyou!) on page 1 made me eagerly scroll down for more pictures, and I wasn't disappointed! I think the shapes of the dresses is something that made me really like them- the beautiful ball-gown like shapes or a shape that accentuated the postives on a female figure. I even think the backdrop is perfect too! Like izzie stevens, I wouldn't have thought of Disney had la_sonnambula not posted those pictures up, but it doesn't make a difference to me- I'm a big fan of Disney- it doesn't matter if he took inspiration from Disney Charactersm I'm all for it, as long as I don't cringe and hastily click away in horror! yay for John ^_^

wow. I would not of noticed that without the disney pictures been posted. Good eye :flower: :lol:

hahahah those disney resources are soooo true ...well its true what einstein true geniuses never reveal their sources . I see a Ursilla vibe in some dresses , yeah soo true only chanel iman looks graceful in the video

It doesn't look as ugly as SS 08, but I'm still not satisfied. There too many resemblances - from Dior FW 06 HC, Armani, Elie Saab. But I love the closing gown, really spectacular!

wow, this is it! it's THE best. One of the dresses (the exit view) made me cry:cry:

Underwhelming. Can't help but think of Disney.

Cinderalla.jpg

(style, magicalmountain.net)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->