Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Anna....rescue us.

"To Fern Mallis: I just want you to understand that attempting to do clothing has been very difficult and I have encountered countless amounts of bigotry along the way," Kanye tweeted today. "I have millions of ideas and I represent a new generation just trying to express themselves in a broken world. I don't call myself a designer as I was not allowed to go to Saint Martins because I was too famous by the time I realized I wanted to design."
He continued, "Fame is often looked down upon in the design world, so it's actually been something I had to overcome. All we have are our dreams, and you can step on our dreams and ideas all you want, but we won't stop fighting. We want to innovate and we will win someday. If you wanna have a drink with me, book a table at the spotted pig when I'm back in NY."

http://www.eonline.com/news/627564/...have-encountered-countless-amounts-of-bigotry

*Sigh* Such a dramatic family, this is. All I see is ego, ego, ego in that response. Just take it in your stride and keep schtum.

:rolleyes:

Yeah because drawing a sketch (if even that) and having someone else do the tailoring and so on is such hard work, he just put his input, maybe switched a jacket here and there and told models how to stand in line. Boo hoo.... so much to overcome.

You just represent a pompous ******* who is begging for validation in an industry you have no talent in and have no business being a part of and using the "woe is me" card even though you're filthy rich and attached to one of the biggest fame whores ever.

It's cute he's trying to use new words, I wonder how long it took him to write those couple of sentences before he published them.

Surprised he hasn't sent a rebuttal to Cathy Horn's review yet, she was very straight forward and did not mince her words about her thoughts on the collection, which was basically what everyone was thinking. This is probably why Tim Blanks gave only a summary of the collection and not his personal view, he didn't want to deal with the insane wrath of Kanye.

Surprised he hasn't sent a rebuttal to Cathy Horn's review yet, she was very straight forward and did not mince her words about her thoughts on the collection, which was basically what everyone was thinking. This is probably why Tim Blanks gave only a summary of the collection and not his personal view, he didn't want to deal with the insane wrath of Kanye.

Where did she review it? I know she's supposed to be writing for The Cut this season but I can't find any of her reviews.

Honestly, from my point of view, I think he was told to be more vague with negative reviews ever since the whole JPG debacle. But I know nothing, so maybe he was trying to avoid Kanye's wrath.

Where did she review it? I know she's supposed to be writing for The Cut this season but I can't find any of her reviews.

You can read the reviews HERE

KANYE WEST HASN’T GRADUATED FASHION SCHOOL YET
The fledgling designer needs stronger feedback from the fashion world.

By Cathy Horyn

Maybe it was the unbearable fame of Beyoncé, Baby North, and Anna Wintour, together in the front row; maybe it was that brave army of models and the nudity of their bodysuits; maybe it was Kanye West himself earnestly singing, “I want to create something better for you” — whatever it was, the mental effect of the Adidas show was powerful. I relate the generally positive response it produced to Stockholm syndrome, a creeping problem in the fashion world, don’t you think? There was very little criticism of West’s vacant presentation. Adam Wray, in his daily newsletter for the site Redef, did note that the ripped pullovers and sweatpants were “retreads” of Haider Ackermann’s recent fall collection. Overall, I saw aesthetic similarities to other designers — especially the urban funk of Rick Owens, and the destroyed looks of the street brand NSF — but no synthesis or transcendence of these references. And though I admired the diverse casting in West’s show — it’s nice to see small guys for a change — many designers have done a kind of open casting before, notably Raf Simons, Hedi Slimane, and Owens.

I’m not sure why so many writers are so unquestioning of West’s design qualifications. A friend, over a drink last night in Chelsea, suggested that people are more and more obsessed with power, not least their own relative to the perceived center of the fashion world (which may be Baby North, I’m beginning to think). West has been a fixture at shows for five or six years, and he’s gone from being mocked for his first attempt at a women’s line to being hailed as a multidisciplinary cultural phenomenon. He is an amazing performer, but his merits as a designer are still in doubt. And it seems to me that the fashion world should be holding West’s feet to the fire — expecting more integrity and discipline from him. After all, he still seems to need our approval: There’s something touching about his desire to belong to the fashion establishment. In fact, his attitude seems very American — at once earnest and blameless. He may want “to create something better” for us, as if we hadn’t a clue already, but it will take a lot more than words.

nymag.com

Dev Patel (star of 'Slumdog Millionaire') recalling when Mario Testino told him that he wasn't attractive enough to date Frieda Pinto:

Dev’s Mario Testino story:

“I remember going to this one Burberry show, and it was exciting. They’ve always been very kind to me and, even as a gangly guy, I felt I was rocking their suits. So when I was invited to one of the fashion shows in London, I went. Even though I had this preconceived notion – ‘I’m not going to fit in with this crowd, it’s going to be intimidating’. I was sitting there, and this fellow says, ‘Are you the one dating Freida Pinto?’ And I’m like, ‘Yeah, I guess.’” He gives an embarrassed shrug. “And then he says: ‘Why? How? Why is she dating you? She’s so beautiful.’ And I say, ‘Yeah. She is!’ And then he says: ‘But you’re so, ugh, so normal-looking.’” Patel looks upset even now. It turns out it was the photographer Mario Testino

Celebitchy

Last edited by a moderator:
Dev Patel (star of 'Slumdog Millionaire') recalling when Mario Testino told him that he wasn't attractive enough to date Frieda Pinto:

Celebitchy

He always does come off as elitist and pretty much awful. During Gemma Wards unknown to icon thing on IG she said that one time she was at a shoot with mario and once he saw her sister he kept telling Gemma how he liked Sophies body better than Gemma and also that she was way taller. For someone with horrible photography, I'm not entirely surprised he's also pretty awful himself.

I'm sure Mario was just being facetious. In all fairness Freida Pinto is really pretty, and the guy isn't really male model material.

Personally, I've always found Dev pretty sexy, don't think he was outmatched by Frieda's beauty at all.

Lagerfeld's opinion on the new Gucci designer seems to be in agrrement with some tFS posters. :lol:

"Very graphic, very lean, only modern shapes and not from the recent past," said Lagerfeld backstage. Then, in a characteristic swipe - this time at Gucci's new romantic designer - Karl added, "No flea market here."
vogue.co.uk

Vogue and their out of touch socialites :sick:

Photo on Vogue editor's Instagram deleted amid criticism

14kcdgx.jpg

(CNN)A photo of what appeared to be a homeless person reading a copy of Vogue has been deleted from the Instagram account of the style editor who posted it amid criticism that it showed how "out of touch" she is.

Vogue style editor-at-large Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, a member of German royalty who has been with the magazine since 2012, posted the photo Saturday from Paris, where she is covering fashion week.
"Paris is full of surprises....and @voguemagazine readers even in unexpected corners!" the caption read.

Style news website Fashionista, which first reported on the picture, called it the latest example showing how "disturbingly out of touch" she is.

"... The things she writes, both in Vogue and on social media, often straddle the line between entertaining/aspirational and disturbingly out of touch. On Saturday she crossed that line," the article said.
Some commenters on the photo appeared to agree, calling the photo "shameful," "cruel" and "in poor taste."

In response, von Thurn und Taxis, who often goes by "TNT," posted the comment: "Why cruel? The person to me is as dignified as anyone else!"

Others started coming to her defense, saying there was nothing wrong with the photo, before it disappeared from her feed about five hours after it was posted.

Vogue and TNT did not immediately respond to CNN's requests for comment. Do you think the photo crossed the line?
cnn

It's an old American Vogue issue, with Britney Spears on the cover!! Omg, it is actually out-of-touch. The Olsens got a lot of flak many years ago when they made fun of homeless people when asked about their 'homeless chic' style. This is not much different. Question is, was this person aware she/he was being photographed? If not, it makes it doubly vile.

Sidenote: Who's throwing US Vogue back issues in the bin when I'm paying dear prices on Ebay??

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a God!!

Ice queen Anna Wintour has told designers not to allow toddlers on the front row at fashion shows she attends after Kim Kardashian’s daughter North threw a double tantrum.

The US Vogue editor told aides of the ban during London Fashion Week, I can reveal.

The final straw for Wintour came when North got agitated during her father Kanye West’s recent show in New York and the one-year-old had to be taken out of the room by a nanny.
During little North’s outburst, Wintour, 65, wrinkled her nose in disgust.

This followed North’s previous flare-up at another recent New York show, which left Anna looking distinctly unimpressed, left.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Well what are the designers supposed to say on the invites: "no kids under the age of xx" -- :rolleyes: I think anyone who is not completely self-centered and rude doesn't need to be told that it would be inappropriate to bring their young children to a show. No need to hassle the designers.

Wintour, you put them on Vogue, you helped create the beast, you hypocrite.

No need to hassle the designers.

Wintour, you put them on Vogue, you helped create the beast, you hypocrite.

Hahahahaha, I wont silently karma you for this HA, it needs to be reiterated!! Entirely her fault, the horse has bolted already. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->