Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Seriously, Cathy doesn't hold back, and he got off pretty much unscathed. people are so sensitive.

Anybody have a link to Stefano Pilati's response to Pierre Berge, the WWD site has it locked for members only.

Anybody have a link to Stefano Pilati's response to Pierre Berge, the WWD site has it locked for members only.

I've only managed to find part of the article from a WWD subscribing site, but trust me, this is Pilati. There wont be anything exceptionally shading......:lol:

Stefano Pilati Strikes Back at Pierre Bergé
WWD
Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 9:47am

PARIS — “This is not what we expect of our elders.” So says designer Stefano Pilati, responding to comments from Pierre Bergé published last month by Suzy Menkes, international fashion editor for 19 Vogue Web sites.
In the interview, Bergé took swings at Karl Lagerfeld and Yves Saint Laurent’s design successors Tom Ford and Pilati, dismissing the latter’s tenure from 2000 to 2008 by saying, “it is better not to talk about it because it was nothing at all.”
Pilati, now Ermenegildo Zegna’s head of design, initially declined to comment on Bergé’s remarks, but was perhaps emboldened by Lagerfeld, who shot back and told WWD: “[Bergé] is from another era. Times are not the same. He has to adapt to the times. The times don’t have to adapt to him. If he doesn’t like them, he should shut up and retire.”
Here, Pilati’s response, in full:
“I am not at all surprised by Bergé’s comment about me and my work at YSL. I am, however, surprised about Suzy Menkes’ attempt to keep his quotes on the topic still relevant by including them in an interview of him recently.
“As one of my colleagues described it in an article about me few years ago, my take.......

Source: Magiconline.com

Pilati forever, class act :heart::heart::heart: Glad he called Suzy out, too.

Thanks Benn!

Pierre and Karl can be as petty, as juvenile, tacky and nasty as they want because they are, in truth, critic-proof and they’ve earned their status— much like that old 200-year-old tortoise everyone just treats it like a treasure because it’s the last of its kind— even though it’s as clueless, useless and pointless as they come. That’s how I feel about Pierre and Karl. I would not be offended by whatever they sprout, no matter how mean or how silly it may be: They’re just clueless and totally driven by their ego.

And Suzy is getting to that point herself. If I were Stefano, I’d just keep quiet and smile sheepishly, and keep turning on the handsome and smolder. Be kind to your elders.

Yves is the most over-rated designer, and according to Pierre, Yves invented high fashion. Let the old guy hold on to his illusions.

I'm afraid i'm in agreement with Berge about Pilati (not tom ford).

i dont think pilati's work is that memorable from 2000-2008- and it probably wasn't living up to financial expectations either.

i won't forget how craven pilati made himself appear on camera in "the september issue" when he was receiving "advice" from anna wintour on a collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
He said more things... and he seemed quite offended. He said that Bergé had very bad taste (aesthetically) and that it was something Yves and his friends mocked about; that Suzy and Bergé were sensationalist (gutter); he said that maybe Bergé wasn't interested in what Pilati did for the rtw because he was too focused (in an envious way) in how well YSL was doing financially under Pilati...

I wouldn't respond, but in this boring fashion world drama is very much needed. :lol:

i won't forget how craven pilati made himself appear on camera in "the september issue" when he was receiving "advice" from anna wintour on a collection.

That scene was terribly awkward to watch. I mean, he wasnt exactly designing for Zara, was he? Lol. And yet, when you read between the lines it shows you how much moderation these young creative directors must submit to. It's a business, after all. I can only imagine Wang and Michele's meetings with Anna. I am a bit surprised at Pilati's brazen, yet gossipy schoolgirl, response. Didnt see that coming. I would never have responded, lol. Suzy is the vile one here. The epitome of the backstabbing *** hag, with bad hair to boot!

You guys, can you be a little bit more kind? I'm sure we all have been through that bitter moment when not one thing in life works fine. Anna seems surprised when Pilati showed his vulnerability, which means that was not a normal thing to him.

I'm not really that crazy about his work over the time, but he definitely created some incredible collections. Flower carpet, bob hair army, net shoe, star collage top, goth nun, there's plenty.

Most cringe-worthy moment for me in September Issue? when John Galliano names the bag after Anna's suggestion. Here's a tissue John, for that brown spot on your nose.

^In that scene you can tell that John wasn't really into the idea, but Anna was so enthusiastic about the name that he obviously just did it to please her.

I'm afraid i'm in agreement with Berge about Pilati (not tom ford).

i dont think pilati's work is that memorable from 2000-2008- and it probably wasn't living up to financial expectations either.

Reminds me of that scene in the Devil Wears Prada with the bow dress

^^
I mean, it's always funny to see Pierre bashing people cho cleaned up the mess he did at YSL. If it wasn't for Tom Ford, YSL would be still selling cigarettes and if it wasn't for Pilati, Slimane wouldn't enjoy the success of his "Saint Laurent".
The tribute, Muse 2, YSL t-shirts saved YSL. I hate ungrateful people.

But, we are talking about Pierre Bergé: the same guy who after praising Tom Ford arrival at YSL sent hate letters in the name of Yves.

The Pilati scene in The September Issue was so embarrassing...even more considering that it was one of his best show.
I loved what he did at YSL from 2006 to 2009. At that time, YSL was really THE brand (with Balenciaga and Lanvin).

Marc Jacobs having a meltdown on Instagram...

I'm gay. Sometimes I enjoy sex. Sometimes! #stillonlyhuman #callmemarc #yourstotry...maybe.

An open letter to MAUREEN CALLAHAN

Girl, I think I understand your pain. You're a sick woman. It must be such a sad, unfulfilling and lonely existence to get paid for "writing" (I use the term loosely) an article put together from out of context information "written" by other journalists over a period of time, for different periodicals, in different countries. I can't even imagine your suffering having made a life and name working for what has to be the worlds worst, trashiest, and most irresponsible of "newspapers" (LOL)! I can imagine the powerful and fulfilling feeling you must feel with each piece you "write" that helps yourself and your readers feel better about their lives by putting down others who are so fortunate as to have been blessed with a genuine passion for creation. Those creative individuals who like everyone else has feelings, a sexual appetite, "issues", character defects, and professional ups and downs. If you were a real writer and not the parasite feeding off of the successes and failures of others I wouldn't bother writing my thoughts here. I do feel sorry for you. Please know you are in my prayers. I hope you will someday find something, somewhere that gives you pleasure...and not at another's expense. Should that moment happen for you, please don't thank me. I only wish the best for everyone. Even you. Sincerely and disrespectfully, Marc (Jacobs). #lethimwhoiswithoutsincastthefirststone #youwannacomeforme?

Wild??? I'd say "MILD". And to whichever guest benefitted from calling this misinformation into the Post, I only wish you good health, happiness, and a long life to enjoy taking advantage of the kindness of strangers and talking **** about others. #reallyqueen?

And this is the man some want to see at Dior? :lol:

Really, he is free to do whatever he wants (if it's legal) but really, why all this instagram posts? Why all the social-media-whatever?

I totally agree with him. Who cares about his personal life? :huh:

He's such an a$$hole. You would think after being in the business for so long, he'd learn to ignore things like joke articles and criticism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->