Distressed, Ripped Jeans

Personally I think its stupid to pay $200 bucks for a pair of "damaged" jeans when I can get two pairs of good jeans and over time let it become naturally damaged. Or if I want naturally ripped jeans I'll go to a thrift store and spend two bucks.

Originally posted by Toxiiic@Jun 24th, 2004 - 1:00 pm
Personally I think its stupid to pay $200 bucks for a pair of "damaged" jeans when I can get two pairs of good jeans and over time let it become naturally damaged. Or if I want naturally ripped jeans I'll go to a thrift store and spend two bucks.
I used to think that way too, before I became stupid. :P

Bleh not for me. :sick: I bought a nice pair of jeans earlier this year.

I tripped down a hill while walking to my car and ripped my jeans. They looked like anything you could buy. I had the "tattered and torn" look in a matter of seconds (and scraped up and bloody knees and elbows). I never wore them again even though they looked like they could pass for a hot item in a clothing store.

IMO, buy a decent pair of jeans and trip yourself down a hill. You'll be saving money.

i think out of all the jeans out there paper denim has the most authentically looking distressed look, except for the weird yellow washes and painted on resin's they have. then there are the handful of the uber expensive jeans that look authentically used too.

holes look wrong when you have a hole in a spot you never would get a hole, when there's a hole and the rest of the jeans are in perfect condition and when there are too many holes

Originally posted by *DrAma*+Jun 23rd, 2004 - 11:29 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*DrAma* @ Jun 23rd, 2004 - 11:29 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Caroline@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 10:05 pm
This is what I mean
Battered, tattered and torn to perfection. Diagonally seamed flared legs and a dirty wash complete the shabby-chic look you'll love to wear.
$178
129849.jpg
those jeans looks like bullet holes :shock: [/b][/quote]
Uggghhhhh i hate jeans that have that tan color on them it just looks like they are really dirty--but in a fake way? if that makes sense lol. I am VERY picky about my jeans! :blush:

I dont like ripped jeans that look really "fake" as well..if you're going to wear ripped jeans then do it properly :lol: :wink:

Love these jeans on the girl on the right :heart:

i have had the same pair of jeans for 5 years and they're still in good shaping...starting to get tatty but if you really want that sorta look to be amazing...that's what u hav to do...

Predamaged jeans makes as much sense as shaving your eyebrows off and drawing them back on. :wacko:

i like the look when its vintage looking, not like those jeans posted. i did it myself to my jeans with scissors by scraping them across my jeans and voila! haha

I don't know, I noticed that pre damaged jeans and basic jeans were pretty much the same price. I got some Miss Sixty dark denim jeans, but they weren't ripped, they just had that sort of look as if they'd been picked at by something sharp, which I wouldn't be able to achieve by myself.

Honestly, I wear pre-damaged jeans because no matter what, when they get damaged by themselves, it never works right for me. I bought a pair of pre ripped and now, ironically they're getting really threadbare in the crotch.........go figure.

i only buy prefaded jeans usually with whisked fades on the upper thigh. i stopped buying plain jeans a long time ago. i only have one pair of pre damaged jeans, my others are all of the faded type..

Originally posted by Toxxxic@Jun 24 2004, 03:00 PM
[snapback]295892[/snapback]​

i would love to know what kind of on-your-knees work you do where you can distress jeans better than companies who earn their keep by distressing jeans like evisu and rogan.

I personally will not wear any jeans that are whiskered, torn, faded etc. When my jeans start to look like that I throw them out and buy a new pair. I can't understand the concept of paying $100+ for jeans that look old and worn.

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Aug 9 2004, 02:13 PM
I personally will not wear any jeans that are whiskered, torn, faded etc. When my jeans start to look like that I throw them out and buy a new pair. I can't understand the concept of paying $100+ for jeans that look old and worn.
[snapback]326149[/snapback]​

that's why for you they make $100+ jeans that look brand spanking new :flower:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 11 2004, 12:30 PM
that's why for you they make $100+ jeans that look brand spanking new :flower:
[snapback]328390[/snapback]​

:lol: :lol:

Actually, no because I refuse to spend more than $50 for jeans since I rarely wear them. I am a dresses and skirts girl. :blush:

me too I don't wear pants.. I like distressed but not like yellowy I think it looks terrible! :sick:

i like it
but it has to look natural
but personally i find jeans get worn out fast anof with out the distressing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->