Distressed, Ripped Jeans

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Caroline, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Toxxxic

Toxxxic New Member

Personally I think its stupid to pay $200 bucks for a pair of "damaged" jeans when I can get two pairs of good jeans and over time let it become naturally damaged. Or if I want naturally ripped jeans I'll go to a thrift store and spend two bucks.

2. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

I used to think that way too, before I became stupid. :P

3. pineapple

pineapple New Member

Bleh not for me. :sick: I bought a nice pair of jeans earlier this year.

I tripped down a hill while walking to my car and ripped my jeans. They looked like anything you could buy. I had the "tattered and torn" look in a matter of seconds (and scraped up and bloody knees and elbows). I never wore them again even though they looked like they could pass for a hot item in a clothing store.

IMO, buy a decent pair of jeans and trip yourself down a hill. You'll be saving money.

4. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

i think out of all the jeans out there paper denim has the most authentically looking distressed look, except for the weird yellow washes and painted on resin's they have. then there are the handful of the uber expensive jeans that look authentically used too.

holes look wrong when you have a hole in a spot you never would get a hole, when there's a hole and the rest of the jeans are in perfect condition and when there are too many holes

5. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

those jeans looks like bullet holes :shock: [/b][/quote]
    Uggghhhhh i hate jeans that have that tan color on them it just looks like they are really dirty--but in a fake way? if that makes sense lol. I am VERY picky about my jeans! :blush:

6. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

I dont like ripped jeans that look really "fake" as well..if you're going to wear ripped jeans then do it properly :lol: :wink:

Love these jeans on the girl on the right :heart:

7. Amélie

Amélie New Member

i have had the same pair of jeans for 5 years and they're still in good shaping...starting to get tatty but if you really want that sorta look to be amazing...that's what u hav to do...

8. *Ecko_Angel*

*Ecko_Angel* New Member

Predamaged jeans makes as much sense as shaving your eyebrows off and drawing them back on. :wacko:

9. mxggies

mxggies New Member

i like the look when its vintage looking, not like those jeans posted. i did it myself to my jeans with scissors by scraping them across my jeans and voila! haha

10. Dixie

Dixie New Member

I like the Mod Punk 85 from Paper Denim and Cloth.

11. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

I don't know, I noticed that pre damaged jeans and basic jeans were pretty much the same price. I got some Miss Sixty dark denim jeans, but they weren't ripped, they just had that sort of look as if they'd been picked at by something sharp, which I wouldn't be able to achieve by myself.

12. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Honestly, I wear pre-damaged jeans because no matter what, when they get damaged by themselves, it never works right for me. I bought a pair of pre ripped and now, ironically they're getting really threadbare in the crotch.........go figure.

13. passione

passione New Member

i only buy prefaded jeans usually with whisked fades on the upper thigh. i stopped buying plain jeans a long time ago. i only have one pair of pre damaged jeans, my others are all of the faded type..

14. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i would love to know what kind of on-your-knees work you do where you can distress jeans better than companies who earn their keep by distressing jeans like evisu and rogan.

15. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

I personally will not wear any jeans that are whiskered, torn, faded etc. When my jeans start to look like that I throw them out and buy a new pair. I can't understand the concept of paying $100+ for jeans that look old and worn.

16. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

that's why for you they make $100+ jeans that look brand spanking new :flower:

17. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

:lol: :lol:

Actually, no because I refuse to spend more than $50 for jeans since I rarely wear them. I am a dresses and skirts girl. :blush:

18. Bonchic

Bonchic New Member

me too I don't wear pants.. I like distressed but not like yellowy I think it looks terrible! :sick:

19. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

All my jeans seem distressed, and can you blame them since they have to live with me?

20. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i like it
    but it has to look natural
    but personally i find jeans get worn out fast anof with out the distressing