Distressed, Ripped Jeans

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Caroline, Jun 23, 2004.

1. souperbait00

souperbait00 New Member

never was a fan of the ripped jeans back in the early 90's or now. the "homeless look" isnt hot. if your jeans rip...its time to buy a new pair.

2. ELLE_ME

ELLE_ME New Member

Patty Anne slim distressed fit from Levis looks great with tall black boots and a wool sweather. I could never wear a pair of jeans and get that look naturally.

3. Jaim45

Jaim45 New Member

I bought these on ebay for alot cheaper than store bought ones. I like them because the seller did it herself. There are even a couple bleach spots on them. I suggest maybe buying a pair that has 1 or 2 holes and doing the rest yourself.

#43 Jaim45, Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 28, 2005
  4. meister122

meister122 New Member

Personally I have grown to LOVE destroyed jeans, especially the ones that are distressed. My faves right now have to be Sacred Blue, Japan Rags, and Joes (specifically the "rocker" style). One interesting side note is that I bought a new pair of Sevens and after about 3 weeks they ripped at the knee, I was kneeling on a couch and riiiiiiip! I was mad but everyone told me that they looked hot like that and I have grown to love the rip, I just have to be careful not to make it too big. By the way there is definately a limit to how destroyed a jean should be, I am personally not a fan of things like oil or dirt splatters (like some Diesels and Rogans) and then there was one guy I saw in Levis that were ripped over halfway up the butt seam...very unsightly.

5. steeltoe

steeltoe Member

I like wearing ripped jeans. I do it myself - usually on cheap jeans I'd buy at AE or whatever. It comes out better than buying pre-ripped jeans.

6. have_une_nice_day

I love ripped jeans! But have to admit when I bought a paid of pre-ripped jeans I thought it was slightly weird to buy "damaged" clothes :flower:

7. passione

passione New Member

off topic, sorry i noticed the date on your pic, thats my birfday :woot:

#47 passione, Sep 30, 2004
  8. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

then you weren't alive in the days when we used to do it ourselves to new jeans...that felt even wierder

9. kimair

kimair frozen

abercrombie has lots of destroyed jeans...i like these (especially the back pocket), except they're $120

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dsq

dsq New Member

I like wearing distress/destroyed jeans, they are very comfortable. Distressing and destroying jeans is more of an artform than simply punching a few holes in them.

11. ZiggyStardust1

ZiggyStardust1 New Member

Hello,
    I am a reporter with a national newspaper, and I am working on a story about distressed denim. Could you please give me a call to discuss? 917.855.2851.
    Thank you.

#51 ZiggyStardust1, Jul 28, 2005
  12. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I likes em!

14. ZP1Chick

ZP1Chick New Member

I was looking in my Seventeen magazine today and not to sound gross but there was a pair of jeans from I think Abercrombie or Aeropostal that looked like the guy came(sexual term for those that don't get it) all over them...

Sorry It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw them! LOL... I know I know...

:smile:

15. travolta

travolta New Member

:lol:

16. fourboltmain

fourboltmain More Old Skool Than You

When? WHEN?!? When will this trend die? I'll still wear them, but I always have.

17. travolta

travolta New Member

i'll still wear paint splattered denim cause i can't keep em clean.

18. Lady Panties

Lady Panties New Member

How can someone make their own?

I really want to destress my own. :smile:

19. *S*M*G*

*S*M*G* New Member

Do it yourself!!!!!!

It's not really hard to do yourself, actually. You can search on google how to acid wash or stone wash jeans yourself. (Try adding a "DIY" to the search, that may help with the results). And as far as the cuts and holes, you can just do that yourself with some scissors (go as crazy as you want!) and get some white thread and a needle and just sew it back and forth over the holes by hand for the completed look. (If you're not now nor have you ever been a sewer, you may need to ask someone you know who can help you to do it; you'll get them to look better that way I'm sure) Plus if you want paint splatters, etc. you can go crazy with that too. Get a plate of whatever color you want and dip a toothbrush in it. Get a toothpick or popsicle stick and put it back and forth across the bristles to splatter paint in little areas. Also a good idea would be to get gems at a craft store and some fabric paint or gem glue to adhere them that way for more decorations. (They come in all shapes and colors, and are fairly cheap!)

20. jackie1

jackie1 New Member

I just bought a pair of Huzzi distressed jeans, but I am not sure if I like them or not, if I should return them... Some feedback pls?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are too long for me so I guess I should hem them.. . Do you guys ever wear your jeans just folded? Hmmm. not sure if I should just wear them folded or hem em' that, but they are way long on me...

Tell me if you like em' or not. thanks :smile:

#60 jackie1, Aug 1, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 1, 2005