Distressed, Ripped Jeans

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Caroline, Jun 23, 2004.

1. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

Well, I like them, but what matters is whether you like them, and will wear them.

I will cuff (fold) jeans if they look good that way, otherwise I spring for the alteration. Again, you should aim to please yourself. :wink:

I think they look good on you. :flower:

2. jackie1

jackie1 New Member

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I really appreciate it :smile: I know in the end it all depends on if I like them or not, but I still want to get others opinions on if it looks tacky, or too much distressed or just opinions in general... I can't help it, I guess I care too much about what people think... hehe...

3. jackie1

jackie1 New Member

Does anyone else have any more comments on these jeans that I got? If it's ok I'll repost the pics I took in case you didn't see it on the previous page. I just want to make sure it doesn't look too tacky?

(pic links not working)

It looks weird because I took the pics in front of a mirror and then cropped out the background because my house is a mess!

Does it look too ripped or not ripped enough... critique please.

I also tried on Joe's Jeans but I don't think they fitted me as right as these ones that I got.

#63 jackie1, Aug 2, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : May 9, 2006
  4. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

^ They're ok. Not artificial looking. B)

5. IdiotGirl

IdiotGirl New Member

I have ones that I know don't look artificial. The thing with wearing old ones is that eventually they will tear more and more, and maybe that's not what you want. That's the way it is with me, so I buy them pre ripped as awful as that sounds. I like them that way.

6. closettherapy

closettherapy New Member

Just a thought (not arguing either point) but it costs a lot of money for the manufacture to "damage" the jeans correctly. There are a number of washes and treatments they have to go through to get the destroyed parts the right amount of destroyed. Also their rates for irregulars and damages (where the destroyed part is damaged beyond fashionable) is much higher so it costs the designer a lot more, since they can't do much with IRR's except for sell them at cost.

7. fashionlives

fashionlives New Member

ripped jeans

what do you think of the ripped jeans?

what celeb or model can u think of that wears them the most?

8. kiss&tell

kiss&tell New Member

I love Tsubi ones [still] and Lee as well.

9. shyr_15

shyr_15 New Member

i like the damaged/distressed look on jeans. the vintage look makes it so in! but i hate those with obviously ripped look.

10. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

damaged ok but i dont like rips and holes

11. cuteshoes215

cuteshoes215 New Member

i LOVE distressed denim! it more than perfectly fits california beach wear with a cute-see top. i bought these today from american eagle. they don't look like much in the picture, but they are SO cute on. i just love them!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ae.com

i also bought these from guess. they're slightly distressed and perfect for day or evening wear. plus, they fit well in the leg for girls that are very thin (i always have problems with finding jeans that are tight enough in the leg) and they make your butt look goooood. :smile:

[​IMG]
    guess.com

12. abandonedimages

abandonedimages New Member

lol When me and my aunt first saw this we thought it was the most ridiculous thing in the world. Why would anyone pay extra for jeans that someone had destroyed? Heck I can throw paint and all kinds of crap and cut my jeans up all on my own! And how much would I be paying? FREE NINETY NINE.

So yeah. I have some personally, actually destroyed jeans from high school when I used to work in receiving at the grocery store, lol.

#72 abandonedimages, May 20, 2006
    Last edited by moderator Despair_waltz: May 20, 2006