Givenchy F/W 09.10 : Mariacarla, Leonor, Iris, Ranya & Adriana by Mert & Marcus

much as i [normally] like Iris, this would've been better with just Adriana, Mariacarla, and Leonor

but not even MCB could save it from looking a little tired and cliché. i don't understand the concept... and this is supposed to give a feeling of reality? a bunch of awkwardly positioned goth ladies in a château bedroom?

That was a part of my problem with it as well.

They look fierce :heart:, I like the casting and its a nice thing to see adriana doing HF again.

Adriana is definitely the star. Her shot is the best, imo.
Don't know what to think about the others though... I'd like to see something different from M&M, this is not their aesthetic that I'm used to see.

Adriana looks VICIOUS!!! Her expression is Givenchy-perfect!

But the main mama for me is Mariacarla :wub: she literally looks predatory, like shes ready to actually eat something.

Fantastic campaign!!!

Yeah! MCB = fierceness B)
Givenchy would not be Givenchy without her!

I'm surprised that I actually like Adriana in this, I hope to see her and MCB in some shots together.

I'm impressed by Adriana, who knew she could look remotely.. expensive. and Mariacarla's hair.. she needs a shampoo contract.

:lol::rofl::lol:

I agree about MCB's hair. They don't look good. But I'm glad she's there.
Iris rises in my eyes from one edd/add to another. She's got a huge potential and great future.
Adriana is fantastic. When I read she goin to be in Givenchy add I thought 'What?', "Why?". But I have to say, she looks great.

And men's add look like Dolce&Gabbana by Klein, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Iris looks the best imo...
And it's good to see adriana... but there's something disturbing in their eyes :unsure: ... or it's just me! It's scary!

Iris looks great in her only-girl accessories shots..

Which leads me to believe this ad would have been better in an only-girl type format, like Adriana's shot.

I am only liking the solo shots at the moment, Adriana looks GREAT.

In the group shots I think Leanor looks the best

I am now loving those accessory shots! Iris looks commanding, love it.

and i was complaining about adriana... her ad is the best so far.
considering this campaign was shot by mert & marcus, it's very disappointing, especially the (laughable) men's ads, they totally overdid the death stare... the women's ads aren't that bad though, the models look good, except this girl ranya, who looks completely out of place... why didn't they put lara stone instead of her? i don't get it. and i think two-girl shots would look nicer, like adriana & mariacarla, leonor & iris...

:buzz::clap::bounce: HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! I love this:heart::heart: This is hot off the blocks:shock:
I don't care about the concept and all that tosh......as a piece of advertising it's hitting the spot for me.B)
I think the girls looks strong, cool and ever so slightly demented........which is a good thing here.:D
MariaCarla takes this like no other:woot: in the foreground on one pic the others don't stand a chance, but even in the background it's all hers.
I didn't comment on Adriana before I saw the final pics, but I've gotta say I'm pleasently surprised.......she's really working there and looking quite feral.B)

The men's pics are of course laughable.:rolleyes:
Thanks so much MissMagAddict:flower::winkiss: & blackangel for the accessories pics.:flower:

Iris blows me away in these. Everything about her is just perfect for this campaign.
Thank you for posting the accessory shots blackangel

#67 stolen my heart...
i really like this dark (but not b&w) concept. Givenchy is so mysterious and I like it. :flower:

Wow! Just WOW. Adriana Lima looks so fierce it's scaring me! I'm so glad she's back into high fashion! Look at those eyes and lips... simply fierce.

i did a double take when i realized it was adriana in the first shot, she fits the mood perfectly to my surprise. this is pretty great.

:woot::heart::clap: OMFG!!! AMAZING! I love it so much :buzz: :blush::heart:

Who cares about the setting when you have MCB in this! And she's looking good, as usual. I'm in love with adriana's eyes. So Beautiful and dark. She delivered!
I actually think that Ranya looks nice. So pure. And Iris is perfect for Givenchy! B)

Mr. Nessman and the other guys look great, as well! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->