Givenchy F/W 09.10 : Mariacarla, Leonor, Iris, Ranya & Adriana by Mert & Marcus

this isnt appealing to me in any way. and adriana looks like shes about to throw up in her shot. no likey the iris accessories pics at all either. :ninja:

I really like this, It seems a bunch of vampires waiting for the night to go out and hunt!

Interesting cast. I like it but it lacks concept. The photos themselves aren't that strong.

Interesting cast. I like it but it lacks concept. The photos themselves aren't that strong.

agree. the models are pretty much the only good thing about it. we've definitely seen this concept countless times before.

it looks weird, and not a 'fashion' weird..it'll probs grow on me.

i just noticed Adriana, and i think she looks amazing. wow. they all look great, but the campaign itself lackluster with such an amazing line up.

MALE Models:

- Simon Nessman
- Manuel Ramos
- Jakob Wiechmann

Adriana looks great because it doesn't really look like her :D

Iris is perfect for this, can't wait to see more shots of her!!

Eyes Wide Shut meets Predators,1983xBlade in Paris.

Not enough gloomy for what it tries to say (imo) ... But it still looks good for commercial. And the casting is perfect ! This Iris' really growing on me ... She is perfect ! works perfectly with Leonor and MCB ...
Adriana is striking !

too many things to say about the horrible menswear campain !!! happy there's Simon, though.
... no but seriously why such a focus on this horrible dolphin top ???

and why hire M&M for the menswear ? It works pretty good with the womenswear, but you can obviously say Steven Klein would been a better catch for menswear and even remain in the same concept !

EDIT : Could someone please help me to understand why more and more brands do the same concept for menswear and womenswear ? what's the theory behind this ? it gets me tired sometimes ... especially when it's not working ! this concept of a couple looks tired, imo !

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow cant belive thats Adriana, really striking picture, excited to see her in more shots, the other one is strong but I still love last seasons cast more.

Not to sound bogus or anything, even though i love the ad, but Adriana reminds me of the exorcist from the 1973 movie hahaha.

I really think the photographs make me appreciate the collection even more.
I'm seeing the clothing in a new light, and in such a wearable way.
This is a beautiful campaign, i'm loving it so far.
The new cast was perfectly chosen.
Maria Carla is def a keeper though.
Adriana surprisingly looks so..Givenchy!
Her body is the closest thing to the average woman.
I think that will work out well for the house.

it keeps growing on me, the first pic looks like the girl using marylin manson contact lense. so creepy!

Well, on the whole I like this a lot. I love the sort of...erotic Hollywood boudoir feeling I'm getting from the images. Everyone looks really fantastic (especially Adriana (who I knew was going to bring it) and Mariacarla)...except Rayna, who I think is terribly miscast. All of the other models exude a very powerful aura of maturity, and Rayna just looks very juvenile. I would have much rather seen Lakshmi in her place...Lakshmi is much more smoldering, which would have fit the campaign far better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benrobertson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->