Gucci S/S 08 Milan

she picks a decade as someone said and **** it up lol. Lot of british designers referenced the 50s but they did it ,very well ,these colors are an eye sore . That pink dress has Chloe knock off written all over it.

I think I've seen these clothes in Zara and H&M already...some of the pieces are nice but it's all old hat...really old hat. And those slouchy plaid pants were done by Diesel last season in denim...

B**h ripped off half of the frekin industry this season. de la Renta, Versace, Burberry, Lanvin (aside from the side draped minis, those plastic embroideries look identical to the jewelry Alber did last season), Donna Karan (black column with yellow stripe at side), Marchesa, Marni, Giambattista Valli.....the only designer missing is Gucci.

Her "ideas" have always looked similar to other designers, but when there are things that are so blatantly similar there is a big, BIG problem.

And she's been pushing those skinny cropeed pants for three spring collections now, learn to cut another style Frida.

Her ideal customer; Stupid, anorexic 20-something party girls with more money than taste who wouldn't recognize a knocked off garment if it kicked them in the throat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her ideal customer; Stupid, anorexic 20-something party girls with more money than taste who wouldn't recognize a knocked off garment if it kicked them in the throat.

That was rude
does it affect you dear ?

B**h ripped off half of the frekin industry this season. de la Renta, Versace, Burberry, Lanvin (aside from the side draped minis, those plastic embroideries look identical to the jewelry Alber did last season), Donna Karan (black column with yellow stripe at side), Marchesa, Marni, Giambattista Valli.....the only designer missing is Gucci.

Her "ideas" have always looked similar to other designers, but when there are things that are so blatantly similar there is a big, BIG problem.

And she's been pushing those skinny cropeed pants for three spring collections now, learn to cut another style Frida.

LMAO sooo true....daddy can i have 1000 dollars??? lol

the only designer missing is Gucci.

Actually, her gold sandals are strikingly similiar to the satin cage sandals from Spring 04. The ankle strap is practically exactly the same proportion.

But maybe I'm just being picky...:innocent:

the only designer missing is Gucci.

So true it hurts. Time and time again I said that she was so adamant about taking Gucci by the horns and turning it around from the Tom Ford era. But she messed up when she did not have a plan. So now Gucci reflects everything that is current and trendy. Gucci is basically like a department store or something along those lines. She just gives you all of what you "want" under one roof. She is so going to last only a few more seasons at this rate.....I swear. :ninja:

is it true that gucci bring in the most money of all fashion lines?

if this is true, how come its so badly reviewed by tfsers?

is the commercial market just buying into the hype of the brand name?

she needs to know how to cut pants , those droopy crotch plaid pants are tres nasty. Its like your pad fell of and its hanging there lol. I dont know i feel like giving her a b*tch slap for producing the most contrived bs i have seen in a while. ANd dont get me started on the new logo , looks like high school team logo , it really looks like dean and dan meets chloe meets versace. Those rothko prints are barf.

thats because of tom fords legacy but at some point people will figure out, there are other stellar brands out there.See even though most of their sales come from bags /shoes . I think gucci will start to go down , as what happened in the 80s.

Q.1 - Yes one of the richest (It was way more with Tom but Gucci will never be broke)

Q.2 - Don't know :lol:

Q.3 - Well there's alot of people who buy just brand name , look at Dolce&Gabbana this season is bad bad but it has good reviews (I like Dolce but I can admit when I like it and when I don't)

I don't know why people here live in the past and don't give Frida a Chance :innocent:

i made a song line going out to gucci, the disappointment.

*melody of amy winehouse rehab*

they try to make me wear some gucci
and i say NO, NO, NO

I am ashamed to admit this since I hate what Frida Giannini has done for the house of Gucci, but I actually like some of this stuff.. but not for Gucci.

It's nice to see things moving out of Tom Ford's shadow and on to a new direction, but this doesn't scream high fashion Italian glamour to me.

well i guess to tfsers brands are actual women and the designers are their stylists. When you have consecutively butchered them in uninspired, carbon copy clothes its not so easy to forgive.

the dresses arent bad , but theyve been done like every other designer out there , she has turned the sexy intelligent gucci women into a bimbotic rich footballers wife , like someone said its like forever21 for wags but with horrible pants lol

and the jokes just keep coming.

unfortunately, its her that gets thelast laugh, laughing all the way to the bank.

*slaps freda with a bag(other than gucci) containing heavy dose of fashion sense*

I didnt like any of the looks with pants it looks sloppy but the dresses are very interesting but kinna like ss07
***Just read all the other posts and seems like Im not the only one and yes the logo is chessy we know were looking at gucci do you have to have it anchored at the front of the runway? i think not. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->