Lanvin S/S 09 Paris

The sequins are a bit much but decent collection all round. Nothing really pops though.

I don't know what to say...
Because I love it, it's beautiful and so chic...
But... It's always the same.
Ok, I can't say that I don't like it.
But I want to be surprise, next season.

exactly
you can never go wrong with lanvin because its virtually all the same with some changes. not a negative. just.

but too radical of a change would be bad...

love the drapery and yes theres a little balenciaga in here

There's no denying this is one of the most down-to-earth, beautiful collections of the week, but it is not quite the breathtaking work that Elbaz did the last two seasons.

The simple pieces are the best. I'm not taken with the embellished nor the patterned pieces. As pretty is it is it's all been recycled. The 2 seasons have merged into 1.

The shoes are beautiful (but ew at the feet!)

And honestly how many more times is Balenciaga going to be mentioned? This is nothing to do with Balenciaga, yet they've been referenced in every single collection of the season so far

It's stunning, wearable and beautifully made...as usual...but this contains ideas from like 3 or 4 recent Lanvin collections and the difference is that in those collections he focused on one thing while here he doesn't seem to have focused on anything. It lacks the thought that most of his collections have, because even when he hasn't done anything particularly new he does manage to make a point.

This doesn't.

My favorite thing that Alber does is put colors that flatter each other together. I think he did this really well this season. The accessories left me unimpressed thoughn but I loved the shoes!

If two people come up with similar results, it is more likely just an idea that's in the air rather than what some think as copying.
In fashion and design in general, if you don't do it someone else will or has at the same time...
That said, the draping is not looking as precise as in the past and sometimes verges on the sort of pinned draping you might run across in the shop window of an expensive fabric store.
Other than that, it is very nice in color and fabrication. It's hard to fault him in the end really!

That said, the draping is not looking as precise as in the past and sometimes verges on the sort of pinned draping you might run across in the shop window of an expensive fabric store.
that's lanvin's whole thing. all the dresses are draped, tacked and barely finished.

this collection is ok but there's nothing i can say about it that hasn't been said already. it's not bad, it's not great. the shoes seem really random and the sequin ones would be perfect for ysl (yves era, that is).

Yeah, a few dresses are Rodarte-ish but the collection is pretty amazing. One of the best from all the shows thus far

wow :blink: am i hallucinating or is this really mixed?? two pieces remind me of chloé (!!), some of balenciaga, one of jpg, the shoes of miu miu :unsure:

it's beautiful and gorgeous nonetheless :heart:

Alejandro:
that's lanvin's whole thing. all the dresses are draped, tacked and barely finished.
I have seen better draping from him (the fall collection looks beautiful instore for example), it just looks far TOO laissez-faire this time without some other embroidery or detail to ground it.
I also find the shoes to look like vintage patrick kelly.

Agree that the draping comes off *** a little sloppy, although from what I understand there's usually heavy engineering to accomplish it. Also the proportions look a bit odd, as if the torsos have been squashed, otherwise another amazing collections but those two issues leave me a bit uncertain.

I think I like his last Spring 2008 collection better

i'm pretty torn. i was obsessed with the fall collection and i can't help feeling a bit let down. it's not bad, but it's not good either.

Absoluetly magnificent!! Lanvin never disappoints. The shoes are so beautiful and the clothes are super chic. Everything is very flattering except maybe that random flower looking top on Tanya. But the colours and the cuts are very elegant. I like the irregular skirts and the scrunched tops.

it's all quite gorgeous. incredibly luxe looking, very soft in texture. i imagine that this would all be very comfortable to wear.

not sure about the puffy arms, and overall, i don't think any of this creates the most flattering silhouette.

i will say, however, that this dress will go to an A-List actress like Nicole Kidman or Natalie Portman or someone of that stature. it's the standout of the collection. absolutely breathtaking. they'll all be after having it for a big red-carpet event!

this may be the one you all were talking about in the comments "i love the dress on Edita..." but since i don't know who that person is, or the model in this dress, i can't reference it in that way.

*catwalking*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEROES
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->