Love #4 Fall / Winter 10.11 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

such random "models" in the editorials... wtf? that's all I have to say. disappointing... i loved the covers last season. this season they're passable, but the celebrities featured inside are so odd and unappealing.

"The t*ts Issue" God how awful:sick: They should have stuck with glamorous throughout, and who are they kidding with the Sienna cover? She doesn't look a thing like that and there's something really off putting about her body. It somehow reminds me of one of those greasy female body builders from the pose to even the hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dree and Hannah by Boo George

ryanelitemodel2.typepad.com

I wonder why editors believe the beach is the best set for androgynous shoots.

I dislike Sienna, but her cover is actually really nice, since it doesn't look like her! lol

Sienna Miller looks alot like Masha Novoselova on the cover.

i highly dislike Kelly Brook's cover. I'm sorry. I'm stuck with her talking on a show. Enough said...

Sienna's is alright... just that it doesn't look like Sienna, and there's an excess of baby oil and fake tan.

Great Multi-Cover again.... love Gisele one.... really a bombshell..... :heart:

To clear some things up:

Buela is actually an Enchanted Doll created by Marina Bychkova. I was surprised upon seeing her work on a cover like Love, as it seemed like such a gamble. Alas, I have been a fan of her work for years, so this is terribly exciting! She was apparently lent to the publication by Fabrizio Viti, an accessories designer for Louis Vuitton. With Viti added into the equation, I can see why she is wearing Louis Vuitton, why Mert & Marcus and the Love team chose her as a cover model, and why Katie Grand had such a fascination with her. It was an odd experience to see a doll of Marina's in a publication such as Love, not to mention on its cover. I love seeing the love for ball-jointed dolls come in and out of fashion, and this will no doubt bring exposure to Bychkova and the doll world at large.

Even after seeing Sienna's cover in HQ, I can barely recognize her and that's coming from a Sienna fan. She looks a bit like Billie Piper actually.
Love really is the most random magazine ever, I mean Kerry Katona? In a fashion magazine? That's definitely something new.
Still there are some exciting things in the review and I really loved their last issue, so I'll probabaly pick it up again.

Sienna "the pin up" ? Pardon? If anybody is out of these cover stars, it's Kelly Brook. It should be Sienna.... "the one who won't go away" or "the one who took Jude Law back". Stop trying to make Sienna happen.

To clear some things up:

Buela is actually an Enchanted Doll created by Marina Bychkova. I was surprised upon seeing her work on a cover like Love, as it seemed like such a gamble. Alas, I have been a fan of her work for years, so this is terribly exciting! She was apparently lent to the publication by Fabrizio Viti, an accessories designer for Louis Vuitton. With Viti added into the equation, I can see why she is wearing Louis Vuitton, why Mert & Marcus and the Love team chose her as a cover model, and why Katie Grand had such a fascination with her. It was an odd experience to see a doll of Marina's in a publication such as Love, not to mention on its cover. I love seeing the love for ball-jointed dolls come in and out of fashion, and this will no doubt bring exposure to Bychkova and the doll world at large.
Is it the same doll that was used for I the McQueen for Target campaign or something like that? I remember reading that the dolls were so rare and sought after.
It's not that I don't like Buela's cover. It just seems so random to make 8 covers for one issue and then having people like Gisele and Lauren who are model legends and then adding a doll to the bunch. If I had to choose between some covers of amazing supermodels and a picture of a doll I'd obviously go for the model cover, especially as this is a fashion magazine.

My my favorite out of the 8 covers are Sienna's, Rosie's and Lauren's.

Last edited by a moderator:
This mag never ceases to amaze me. Kelly Brook, that incredibly dumb and tacky woman got a cover...

The doll cover actually looks rather freaky/creppy on the stands.

And the main ed with everyone reminds me ALOT of the main ed last issue with everyone, just minus the soap products - even some of the backgrounds look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->